Sponsored

I don't know if my car is actually starting in quiet mode...

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Sorry I took so long but I got the goods!!

In the video below, I recorded while I had my girlfriend walk up and unlock the car and then IMMEDIATELY start it up. The car has the valves open prior to starting and close as soon as she starts the car without doing anything other than just starting it.

This next video shows that the car does infact open the valves again when the motor is off even though the car was turned off in quiet mode.

This final video shows the car starting up and shutting off in normal mode.

Not sure what’s up with some of the other guys cars in this thread, but this is how mine acts and I’d assume it’s how all other would also act.
Exactly how mine works. If others don’t behave this way might need to bring it in. Ford didn’t market “quiet start” and then make the feature super unusable.
Sponsored

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1
Exactly how mine works. If others don’t behave this way might need to bring it in. Ford didn’t market “quiet start” and then make the feature super unusable.
Yeah the initial start is the loudest part, it would be foolish for Ford to not have the valves close during the entire startup procedure.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Mine starts absolutely quiet when started in the quiet mode timeframe - it's never had a loud-for-a-second start and it would be especially noticeable now with the H-pipe.

I mean, when you open the door, the car is essentially on, I figured that's when it would set the exhaust mode, which is good few seconds before you start it, you know, unless you're jumping in Dukes of Hazzard style :D

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine starts absolutely quiet when started in the quiet mode timeframe - it's never had a loud-for-a-second start and it would be especially noticeable now with the H-pipe.

I mean, when you open the door, the car is essentially on, I figured that's when it would set the exhaust mode, which is good few seconds before you start it, you know, unless you're jumping in Dukes of Hazzard style :D
Crazy how much the h-pipe wakes up these cars..one of my favorite mods right after the Steeda STH kit.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1

My car doesn't activate the valve when the door is opened. It activates when the ignition is on.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Crazy how much the h-pipe wakes up these cars..one of my favorite mods right after the Steeda STH kit.
Yeah, it's about as perfect of an exhaust setup as I've owned (talking all my cars over the years). It sounds amazing, has zero drone, and by retaining the AE setup, you can switch over to like Camry quiet anytime.

I used to occasionally switch my AE over to Track, but now Sport is perfect (in fact, the latter sounds more "tuned" to me vs. just louder).

I do need to score some better clamps, maybe Santa will bring them :D

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
This is why I don't remote start my car early in the morning. Did that once leaving at 6:30 and got a text from my wife calling me an asshole.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have my quiet time set from midnight to 11am
Midnight? You're not a very considerate neighbor. Ha ha. I have it from 10pm to 9am.

The car has the valves open prior to starting and close as soon as she starts the car
Valves are normally open via springs. If motors fail, they'd stay fully open, as you see them with ignition off. And yes, the valves seem to close quick enough to start quiet. Your engine takes longer than mine to fire up, but valves close as soon as starter starts cranking, so all of our stock GTs/Bullits should start quiet. My neighbor has a GT350, and apparently those are different, because it roars for a second before becoming quiet (when just pressing the start button). I always turn ignition on before cranking engine anyway, so that's probably why my car starts quicker than yours (fuel pump primed, check cycle done, etc). Thank you for posting those videos :).

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Sorry I took so long but I got the goods!!

In the video below, I recorded while I had my girlfriend walk up and unlock the car and then IMMEDIATELY start it up. The car has the valves open prior to starting and close as soon as she starts the car without doing anything other than just starting it.

This next video shows that the car does infact open the valves again when the motor is off even though the car was turned off in quiet mode.

This final video shows the car starting up and shutting off in normal mode.

Not sure what’s up with some of the other guys cars in this thread, but this is how mine acts and I’d assume it’s how all other would also act.
What year is your car? So you are saying that you don’t have to turn the ignition on before starting the car to make sure the valves are closed?
You just started the car normally and the valves close in time?
I’m considering getting a H pipe for X-Mas but I start work at stupid hours some times like 3 or 4 am, and I have a newborn in the house plus I live in a semi snobby neighbourhood so if the misses doesn’t abuse me , I reckon the neighbours will. This is why I’m trying to master the cold start haha

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I don't remote start my car early in the morning. Did that once leaving at 6:30 and got a text from my wife calling me an asshole.
I get those kinds of texts even when I've not used the car, l just assumed it's normal ... ? :cwl:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What year is your car? So you are saying that you don’t have to turn the ignition on before starting the car to make sure the valves are closed?
You just started the car normally and the valves close in time?
I’m considering getting a H pipe for X-Mas but I start work at stupid hours some times like 3 or 4 am, and I have a newborn in the house plus I live in a semi snobby neighbourhood so if the misses doesn’t abuse me , I reckon the neighbours will. This is why I’m trying to master the cold start haha
It’s a 2020 and yeah I just get in and start it and it starts in quiet. If you park in a garage though you still run the risk of waking up your newborn with an h or x-pipe installed even in quiet depending how close they are to the garage, but the neighbors probably won’t hear it.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
It’s a 2020 and yeah I just get in and start it and it starts in quiet. If you park in a garage though you still run the risk of waking up your newborn with an h or x-pipe installed even in quiet depending how close they are to the garage, but the neighbors probably won’t hear it.
I back in and even with my h pipe in quiet mode the baby doesn’t wake up.
If your worried about it just pull in forward makes it much less in the house.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yep, just to cross check , right now, I fired up my car, Quiet time set 12a - 9a, opened the door, sat down closed it pretty quickly, brake, start ... completely muted. That's exactly the behavior I'd expect - if it took a second or two to quiet down, that would make the mode pretty half-assed.

Just or reference: 2019 GT, Premium (convertible), A10.

This is kind of neat: I have a Smart Top module, which makes the top work like it should, one touch up and down, you can set a speed to allow operation - but it also does an automatic mode switchover (there's a fixed mode or memory mode), however, the mode doesn't work with the remote start. So that means, I can remote start and it will stay in quiet mode, or start in the car, and it will switch over to <whatever> mode :)

Last edited:

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If you switch to quiet mode when you come home the night before, it will be quieter the next start.

I have an H pipe and keep it in quiet start 24/7. I have noticed if I come home in track, it starts louder the next morning vs switching it to quiet as I park.
Sponsored