cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Well that's pretty sad. :)
Even with 5.0 badges, I've had ppl ask is it an eco boost. It does turn heads though. A lot of women seem to like the stealth look. Along with the fact that it is quiet.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford engineering needs to design a quiet ā€œhot keyā€ button on the steering wheel for AE.
It would actually be AWESOME if they gave you one key on the steering wheel that you can program whatever you want in.
A little "star" button that maybe takes you to your Android Auto/CarPlay, or turns on heated steering wheel (instead of the infotainment), or whatever. Some carmakers do this. There's good 2 button on the stereo alone that I virtually never touch, wish there was a way to reprogram them.

I feel the AE via the pony button is fine, it takes 3 clicks, but still better than nothing... And I suppose your mode button/toggle switch is to an extent an AE button...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not just auto :wink: Goes for home insurance as well. I have neighbors already getting their renewals and hopefully rethinking some of their strong social justice beliefs.
But we NEED things like this new mandatory life insurance we're about to start paying for in WA. Makes me angry. So dumb!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
But we NEED things like this new mandatory life insurance we're about to start paying for in WA. Makes me angry. So dumb!
I forgot about that one lol. Thankfully I got out of that one via private insurance. As you know itā€™s our de facto state income tax. Seeing this state turn into a commie hellscape is what motivated me to decide on longtubes for my car. Normally I like following the rules but these days, fuck it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Load, all day every day
[ :question:
Are you serious ? What a crock pot of crap ................. That's as bad as a company that forces its employees to join a retirement plan.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Are you serious ? What a crock pot of crap ................. That's as bad as a company that forces its employees to join a retirement plan.
If I leave WA before I would use this "benefit" I HAVE to pay for, I'm assed out, no benefits at all. If I would retire before 2025, I still pay the premiums but get no benefit in return. It's absolute shit. Everyone currently in any government spots in WA right now will NEVER get my vote for anything again. Oh and this mandatory thing was never voted on by the people. Dirty as can be. This "fund" is created just to be borrowed against for some other agenda. And I've already gone too political, sorry.

Still no quiet mode for my car lol.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Time to move .............. East ! :wink: Like idaho maybe ? Can you make holsters ? Alien Gear is hiring. :)

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
My kind of peeps in here!!! LOL :cool:
We've had a few going away parties recently. Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Idaho. Friends I'd never imagine would've moved, packed up, and headed out. All of them had roots here and were doing very well. They all made out like bandits on the sales of their houses.
I'm stuck here, trying to figure out how to keep my employee count down under 100 so we don't have to deal with .GOV on the vax mandate. šŸ˜£

PS - Wish I had active exhaust. I'd love to turn on/off the sound.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Heh ............... I do not miss the issues of owning my own company. I will light a candle for you. That is if I can find one. Nanna grumpy hides them. They are her's she says. :wink:

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Oh, I get it. but at some point, This will have to be addressed, and as the insurance industry starts taking more and more of these un insured wreck claims up the butt, they will push to force the powers to be to crack down on this.
One idea floating around is to allow bonded repo guys to collect revoked tags and get x dollars for each set off the list of revoked tags, wake up in the am to no tags on the vehicle. now what. They going to call the popo and admit to driving on revoked tags for 90 days + and no insurance. Yes, mam, sign here. here is your ticket and court date. have a great day.
They do it a little different in SC. Once, when the wife was paying the bills, she missed an insurance payment. We come down the street and are greeted by a SC State Trooper sitting in the driveway. Granted he was an old bird, either late in the 4th quarter of his game or already semi retired, but he was there to take the tag off the vehicle I came home in and wanted to get into the garage to get the other plate. I was able to show it was paid, just paid late. He sat there until I got the insurance company on speaker phone and he talked them through updating the system on line. Once that was done, and he could see it as paid, he left.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Time to move .............. East ! :wink: Like idaho maybe ? Can you make holsters ? Alien Gear is hiring. :)
I am good with my hands. Woodworker as a hobby but thinking of selling the stuff I make. I want to move to Colorado (good friends live there) but my wife works for the state doing basically her dream job. I may just quit my job and do my own thing IF I can convince people to buy my stuff but it's absolutely terrifying. It comes out to under $20 a month for me but it's the fact it's going to go towards some other thing not intended that pisses me off so much about it. Stopping here because I don't want to get banned or make the thread explode lol.

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
The only time I use quiet start is if Iā€™m leaving before dawn for the airport. And I take it easy in my neighborhood. But mainly sport after that. I drive a lot in sport plus and that automatically puts it in sport. One time I was teasing the wife about being a grandma and put it in quiet mode when she was out of the car. 2 blocks down the road she stopped in mid sentence looked at me and asked, ā€œWhat the hell is wrong with the car?!ā€

When it comes to what other people think? Not my problem. Theyā€™re lucky they donā€™t have anything more serious to be concerned with other than how my car sounds!

Last edited:

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
Aftermarket headers, resonator deleteā€¦itā€™s loud no matter what. Its in quiet mode leaving for work in the morning (0430 on weekends) and at night coming home from work (midnight during the week). I swear itā€™s louder in quiet mode in the am. Only things moving around at that time are rabbits and coyotes. Sounds like the noise echos throughout the neighborhood. Once Iā€™m out of my subdivision it goes to sport, then track mode while accelerating through the corn fields. Itā€™s kinda like the farmers alarm clock.
Sponsored