Do you drive in quiet mode?

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I have it start in quiet until about 8am. That usually encompasses dropping my son off at daycare. I will switch it to sport during the drive home.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Itā€™s pretty boomy in the rear seat
Yes, I did realize until got a ride in my own car in the rear. It is much louder in the rear. I set it to quiet if someone is in the back.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Would be used if Varex had interior and exterior db ratings and frequency ...I was and still could be looking for quiet gt
for 2015-17 varex in quiet mode is like a stock exhaust in terms of db including cold engine start. Forum member created some youtube clip with sound measurements. I bought mine after seing that clip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Often... it's relaxing and not obnoxious. But you know, fortunately there's a mode for that too.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I use Quiet mode much less than I originally planned to two years ago. I'm a Normal driver most of the time nowadays, with an occasional switch to Sport or Quiet depending on my mood.

Mustang50Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Kind of different for me cause I never had factory active exhaust but:

I very recently switched to an aftermarket valved system exactly for the reasons you mentioned. I used to have an MBRP Race and it was just loud loud loud (but sounded good) all the time. So, like you said, when applying even 20% throttle from a stop, it sounded like I was trying to drag race everybody. Now that I have the valves, I've been driving in "quiet" mode a lot and it's so nice being able to actually press the gas peddle again without everyone around me hearing me and not having to manage the throttle off a stoplight to worry about crazy sound. It's great, I missed that feeling. Having the choice to have valves closed/open was the perfect solution for me.
Same problem I am running into when I brought the car I wanted it LOUD. My car was optioned w/o the active valve and it just didnā€™t have hardly any sound. I settled on the race due to loud factor & the price.
Regret it a bit, during cold start itā€™s crazy loud the settles down. Itā€™s broken in from how it use to sound. Itā€™s still very loud when pulling away from a light.

Iā€™ve been considering other options but havenā€™t looked yetā€¦

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Quiet when in the neighborhood. Move to Normal when appropriate. Had a Magnaflow cat back on my 16. Too much noise when you didn't want it. The active exhaust is a perfect compromise.

GTBlu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8
Vehicle Showcase
Quiet mode on start up after the end of the street that I live on into My Mode\ Pony mode which is set to Race!

The kids round my way love the noise and are always shouting rev it go on REV it!

Being in my mid fiftyā€™s, all grown up, very sensible and in a good job, I oblige! :cwl:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yes, When leaving for work, or any drive really, that it is hours that most might be sleeping, On Sundays when passing a Church or an outdoors event And when passing road construction in my Town. I Don't want An officer taking note of my car being loud, just because it is stock as Ford produced it, it just isn't worth the headache.
I get migraines So , when I have one, it is "silence or i kill you".

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Ha, Hahahah! No.
But to be fair, i tried it a couple of times, was impressed by how quiet it is and changed it back.
Also, as european Ponys have aparticulate filter (required on newer direct injected cars) they might be quite a bit more silent anyway.
Not to mention, noise regulations auto-mute the cars in certain speeds/situations too. (so it is below a 75dba drive-by noise limit)

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Quiet mode = Del Webb mode: makes about as much noise as the golf carts in the hood. When I get to the gate I decide what mood/what mode. ;)

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Quiet mode on my way to work at 545 In the morning. Otherwise itā€™s almost always in track settingā€¦ until a cop is driving behind me šŸ˜‰
Sponsored