Sponsored

I don't know if my car is actually starting in quiet mode...

busby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche Gray GT350, Kia Sorento!!!!!
More or less some people’s ae seems to not fully start in quiet mode as it should. The 350’s behave slightly differently. But on a non-350 quiet mode shuts the valves and leaves them shut until taken out of quiet mode. Other people’s ae it appears they don’t close until a second or two after start causing a very loud roar which defeats the purpose of the quiet mode. My .02 is that those people that get the initial vroom need to have the valves looked at under warranty and adjusted so it starts fully closed as they should.
I caught up and read your previous comment and was about to reply to it. :) But yeah, mine only acts like it's in Sport mode on startup for a second or two when it gets super cold. Like this morning, it was 64 outside and starts just fine. Last week, it fell below 40 several times and each time that it did, wooo buddy was that thing fun to hear.

Since I'm taking it in next week to get the bumpers fixed up, I'll have them take a look at the exhaust as well. Thanks for that info, I hadn't though of it being an actual issue but something fun to hear when it got cold.
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I caught up and read your previous comment and was about to reply to it. :) But yeah, mine only acts like it's in Sport mode on startup for a second or two when it gets super cold. Like this morning, it was 64 outside and starts just fine. Last week, it fell below 40 several times and each time that it did, wooo buddy was that thing fun to hear.

Since I'm taking it in next week to get the bumpers fixed up, I'll have them take a look at the exhaust as well. Thanks for that info, I hadn't though of it being an actual issue but something fun to hear when it got cold.
I am 99% the 350 will go into loud mode at first then back into normal. It doesn’t work the same as the 4 mode active exhaust.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I probably run mine in quiet mode 75% of the time with my wife in the car. No matter if I shut it off in quiet mode or I shut it off in normal mode when I start the car it is louder for a couple of seconds. Mine is garaged so it is easy to hear the difference. That is normal operation.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine sounds the same, regardless if I start it the normal way, or if I hit the start button without brake pedal first and then start it.
Mine too, but I always turn ignition on first. And I suggest those who want to start quiet for sure to do the same thing. Seems like cold valves can get lethargic, so they need a head start with the ignition on before cranking the engine :).

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I just watched my car start and the active valve shuts immediately and before the car even starts really. The extra bit of noise is coming from the other regular side and is a product of the higher rpm that it starts at when cold. It was 34 degrees this morning, around 60 degrees in the garage.

Edit to add: This is when started in quiet mode.

Last edited:

Coyotemax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2018
I was having this issue too but I actually figured out how to get quiet start to work completely and fix loud cold starts. Before I turn the car on I switch it to MyMode and in MyMode I have the exhaust set to Quiet on default. This causes the car to start very quietly, now what ever reason the car always switches back to "Normal" no matter what setting you have it on so basically this causes the exhaust to go from quiet to normal by itself. My fix for this is I leave it on the exhaust setting screen as I'm turning it on and switch it back to quiet as quick as possible. Doing this makes my car extremely quiet from start to finish even in cold nights. I have a 2018 GT Premium automatic with the digital dash btw. Feel free to ask me any questions
Sponsored