Sponsored

Compiling GT350 and GT350R Lightweighted components

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Love this thread, I am interested in shedding weight on my GT as well, as that would improve performance all around. Would be interested in an aluminum front bumper as my dealer drilled a couple holes in mine, the holes look great though!
Sponsored

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Despite the order guide listing carbon ceramic brakes for the front of the GT350R, the blue show car definitely does not have them installed. I was at NAIAS last night at the car definitely had steel/iron rotors.

Given there was absolutely no mention of carbon ceramic brakes in any press release, or presentation about the car, I suspect that order guide might not be correct. It's probably a preliminary version and not the final one.
Totally agree. Ford never mentioned carbon brakes, so no way its going to have them. They would definitely promote that if it was true. Same brakes on the R as the GT350.

Besides, zero cars have carbon brakes only on the front. It won't happen, doesn't make any sense and would be impossible to set up. Order guide is plain wrong.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
Are the hood, and front fenders considered lightweight components as they are all aluminum?