GT350 Weight?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those of you who don't own a scale should keep your opinions about weight to yourself.
Jesus dude, really?:frusty:
Sponsored

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
if we're getting technical.
should we say "people without scales AND a GT350..._____"

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
People without speculations to speculate should not speculate in a speculation thread in a speculator way.

Sorry..I had to.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
The brakes will be bigger and lighter. My 20x11 wheels and tires were 8 pounds LIGHTER than the stock 2010 GT wheels and tires. Those of you who don't own a scale should keep your opinions about weight to yourself.
Hmmm.... this is kind of uncharacteristic of you but I'll play. How much did your 20x11 wheels cost in comparison to, say... an 18x11 in the same weight range?

It is entirely possible that these wheels/tires/brakes/car weigh less than the GT and I really HOPE they do. But realistically how much money is Ford going to spend doing that before they price this car out of the price range it should be in (Hopefully the $40k-$50k range) and into proper Corvette money range?

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
If they could figure out how to develop an entirely new engine for this car, then I feel it's safe to assume they could go a long way towards lowering weight as well.

Guessing 3500 w/o options.

Sponsored

Crazyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old beat up and thankfully running strong
My guess with bigger brakes/wheels and beefier suspension/drivetrain, the other lightweight parts will be offset.. 3700lbs is my guess

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
That's kind of rough. This is a forum where people have a good time sharing their opinions and prognostications about what the future will hold for their favorite pony car. Speculation can be fun when specific knowledge is unattainable.

Before the s550 came out, people conjectured WILDLY about what they thought it would look like, how many hp it would have, what it would weight, what kind of performance numbers it would generate.... Some were amazingly close, others NOT SO MUCH. But, it's all just good fun while biding time.

Beyond that, telling other people that they should keep their opinions to themselves kind of defeats the purpose of the forums not to mention the concept of FREE SPEECH. We are not on here to merely share facts, but far more often opinions, which range from very informed to WTF are you saying???

In closing I don't see how having a scale makes one's opinions significantly more valuable unless one has the car in question or a significant number of the component upgrades to put on said scale. However if we adopt your logic, then people without dynos shouldn't have an opinion on HP and Torque. Also people who don't own banks shouldn't have an opinion on pricing.... Then again, that's just my opinion.
+1

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
It will weigh what my car weighs once all these parts show up in the FR catalog.

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
From the videos 11-17-14 we all seen pics indicate it going to be carbon fiber. Also they mention light weight. Its cause Mustang fans confused with Mustang GT weight. I think the light weight Mustang is going to be GT350 or what ever that Mustang will be and let guess its going to be GT350.

Now lets guess GT350 weight.

My guess its will be 3450 pounds
what is your guesstimate weight?
I think the mention of Carbon Fiber was only for certain pieces, not the entire body. So I don't see the weight going down too much except if the limit extras, like power seats and other heavy sh*t. I'd say no less than 3400 lbs.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
3650-3750 The composite up front is too help balance, it's going to be very close to a 300A/PP/Recaro...which happens to be my car.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The base gt350 will be every bit of $60k and the optioned version will be close to $70k. Speculating about weight is great if you learn something. But making statements like brakes will weigh more is obviously wrong it is laughable. Have you not looked at the pictures? The brakes have aluminum hats and pin drive discs the discs have narrower bands if you're a car guy you should know that just by looking at the pictures. The wheels are expensive forged wheels. My cheap TSW wheels on my 2010 cost far less than what Ford charges but probably slightly more than what Ford pays and they weigh 8 pounds less than the OEM wheel and my PP wheels are ridiculously heavy.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm guessing 3700 lbs.

Would be great if it is lighter.

Was wrong about FPC, so maybe I'll be wrong about this, too.

-T
I still don't see the point of FPC and no DI. I asked someone about the FPC and the answer I received amounted to "makes no sense, had to be Marketing" Still very shocked they did that in a production car.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one but not for the price of nearly two of my car.
Sponsored