GT350 Weight?

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
From the videos 11-17-14 we all seen pics indicate it going to be carbon fiber. Also they mention light weight. Its cause Mustang fans confused with Mustang GT weight. I think the light weight Mustang is going to be GT350 or what ever that Mustang will be and let guess its going to be GT350.

Now lets guess GT350 weight.

My guess its will be 3450 pounds
what is your guesstimate weight?
Sponsored

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
3900 LBS :(

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
3700 lb's...and it'll probably take another few months to find out for sure.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Within 10-15lbs of a base GT with PP. Any CF bits will only barely offset gains in brakes and wheels/tires.

The Boss was a little bit heavier than a regular GT.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The lowest I could realistically see the car going, with CFC weight savings, is 3,650lbs full weight. Anything below that would require vast amounts of CF and would make it prohibitively expensive

OP
OP

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Within 10-15lbs of a base GT with PP. Any CF bits will only barely offset gains in brakes and wheels/tires.

Raj Nair mention the magic words "light weight" keeping my fingers cross

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white

The brakes will be bigger and lighter. My 20x11 wheels and tires were 8 pounds LIGHTER than the stock 2010 GT wheels and tires. Those of you who don't own a scale should keep your opinions about weight to yourself.

Sponsored

gonemad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1
The engine design alone will save around 50=75 lbs. And no one has noticed they said "lightweight 6 speed" the mt 82 certainly doesn't fit that bill and I didn't see any interior shots, could be not to reveal the type of shifter or lack thereof?

They also called my crazy when I said fpc in this car at the beginning of July...2013

3400=3450 is prolly pretty accurate.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
I'll be surprised if it's any lighter than a GT unless there is no radio, AC, etc. And if there isn't I wouldn't want it.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Those of you who don't own a scale should keep your opinions about weight to yourself.
That's kind of rough. This is a forum where people have a good time sharing their opinions and prognostications about what the future will hold for their favorite pony car. Speculation can be fun when specific knowledge is unattainable.

Before the s550 came out, people conjectured WILDLY about what they thought it would look like, how many hp it would have, what it would weight, what kind of performance numbers it would generate.... Some were amazingly close, others NOT SO MUCH. But, it's all just good fun while biding time.

Beyond that, telling other people that they should keep their opinions to themselves kind of defeats the purpose of the forums not to mention the concept of FREE SPEECH. We are not on here to merely share facts, but far more often opinions, which range from very informed to WTF are you saying???

In closing I don't see how having a scale makes one's opinions significantly more valuable unless one has the car in question or a significant number of the component upgrades to put on said scale. However if we adopt your logic, then people without dynos shouldn't have an opinion on HP and Torque. Also people who don't own banks shouldn't have an opinion on pricing.... Then again, that's just my opinion.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
People without opinions should not have opinions ;)
Sponsored