Sponsored

GT350 Shipping weight

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I assumed 50ish lbs. for the PP. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
It's purely bragging rights. Ford has to win one of these battles eventually. It seems like chevy has one upped on every model run.
Silly to say. Ford won so many battles, GM stopped producing the F-body for several years. Beating your rival into submission = bragging rights. ;)

Besides, while the ($72,000+ )Z/28 wins on a road course, the GT500 is easily faster. That said, the GT500 isn't in production right now and I expect the next 1 to wield a 3.5L TT making between 600 and 700 hp.
87 Octane could damage the Voodoo. It's very high compression and anything under 93 will cause issues.
I doubt 91 will hurt it a bit and 87 is probably usable, thanks to the seriously capable computers.

Stock base GT:

Eh... big deal. :p

Thanks! That's lighter than I'd have expected.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
does that R have the electronics package on it?
Yes on the electronics package. It's oxford white with blue over the top stripes. Shipping weight of 3566 lbs is going to show on the invoice of all 37 '15 GT350R's, regardless of whether they have the electronics package, as Ford posts the shipping weight based on the particular trim level without options. Who knows how much the electronics package weighs?