Another 2020 engine failure

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
All these non-350 owning experts around it seems. I know I’m dealing with an economics wiz when they compare percentages but ignore the fact that a used $5000 car going to $7500 is completely different than $80000 going to $100000. Of course the old car appreciated more in percentage.

Shogun has been chasing 350 posts forever and truly seems like he has some sour grapes. You need to see a shrink about those jealousy issues.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
All these non-350 owning experts around it seems. I know I’m dealing with an economics wiz when they compare percentages but ignore the fact that a used $5000 car going to $7500 is completely different than $80000 going to $100000. Of course the old car appreciated more in percentage.

Shogun has been chasing 350 posts forever and truly seems like he has some sour grapes. You need to see a shrink about those jealousy issues.
What was the $5000 car that was mentioned?
There isn’t another group on here that is triggered as much as gt350 owners. If a non 350 owner posts something that isn’t total praise for the car, they get ridiculed. And when an actual owner posts something triggering, they are chased out for going against the hive and it’s suggested they are making up not only their claim of a broken car but possibly of even owning the car in the first place lol. What a strange group. There’s mostly some really cool 350 owners here but some of you are really odd.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What was the $5000 car that was mentioned?
There isn’t another group on here that is triggered as much as gt350 owners. If a non 350 owner posts something that isn’t total praise for the car, they get ridiculed. And when an actual owner posts something triggering, they are chased out for going against the hive and it’s suggested they are making up not only their claim of a broken car but possibly of even owning the car in the first place lol. What a strange group. There’s mostly some really cool 350 owners here but some of you are really odd.
Simply an example of how you provided absolutely no data but seem able to come up with a solid conclusion. Only thing that triggers me are morons with an inferiority complex who think they know it all.

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
@stanglife That was evidenced on a couple BaT GT350 auctions....one guy just wouldn't let it go with his comments......

- there HAVE been people who advertise their engine failure and refuse to provide any info to help determine what it was...then go on to tell everyone that they know for sure that all of these engines are doomed...basically wanting to drag everyone down their unlucky path..maybe so they don't feel all alone?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

He does that in other sections of the forum about GTs and ECO boosts as well. It's not just a GT350 thing. It's a Shogun thing.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Simply an example of how you provided absolutely no data but seem able to come up with a solid conclusion. Only thing that triggers me are morons with an inferiority complex who think they know it all.
you claim i posted no data. no i did not graph out car values and put together a presentation for you but i did give a few examples. i suspect its not data you have a problem with but more that it doesn't fit in with what you would like to believe.

my conclusions are solid.....

-there is no denying that gt350's have increased in value as have all other cars in the last year. this is not reflective of the car itself. if the gt350 had gone up in value and everything else followed the normal rate of depreciation you would have a very strong argument. when freaking kia's are selling above msrp, don't tell me how special your car is BASED on it bringing more money than it did last year.

-a few select gt350 owners are very defensive and obviously insecure in the car they own, leading to them attacking anyone that posts something negative about the car. you are a perfect example of this.
in this very thread a guy posts that he's pissed off his new car lost an engine. most people don't see a problem with that, except for those select few owners that are the same ones that rush to all of the other similar threads to mount a defense for the gt350 name. the guy just paid a lot of money for a car that shit itself almost immediately after taking ownership. i'd be furious!
for a moment i thought it might have come from the release of the gt500 and those owners feeling like their parade had been rained on but i remember seeing this same type of behavior before that point. its honestly very weird. i've been on a number of forums over the years and i've never seen a specific group act so strangely amongst fellow owners. as i said in a previous post an overwhelming majority of the gt350 owners on here are cool guys and i enjoy reading their posts. a few of them i have even messaged with back and forth. there is no denying though that a couple of you are just really weird when it comes to these cars, to the point that you behave like assholes to total strangers on the internet for no reason.
everyone thinks the gt350 is a sweet car. i would say its the best looking mustang ever made, at least in the modern era. its performance is undeniable. if someone came on here and bashed it for no reason i'd say jump their ass. but actual 350 owners getting talked down to because they have a valid complaint about their car? other mustang owners getting shit on for believing its rapid rise in sale price on the used market is unrelated to the car itself, especially when the entire used market is doing the same? what an odd group lol. talk about an inferiority complex holy shit

OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
you claim i posted no data. no i did not graph out car values and put together a presentation for you but i did give a few examples. i suspect its not data you have a problem with but more that it doesn't fit in with what you would like to believe.

my conclusions are solid.....

-there is no denying that gt350's have increased in value as have all other cars in the last year. this is not reflective of the car itself. if the gt350 had gone up in value and everything else followed the normal rate of depreciation you would have a very strong argument. when freaking kia's are selling above msrp, don't tell me how special your car is BASED on it bringing more money than it did last year.

-a few select gt350 owners are very defensive and obviously insecure in the car they own, leading to them attacking anyone that posts something negative about the car. you are a perfect example of this.
in this very thread a guy posts that he's pissed off his new car lost an engine. most people don't see a problem with that, except for those select few owners that are the same ones that rush to all of the other similar threads to mount a defense for the gt350 name. the guy just paid a lot of money for a car that shit itself almost immediately after taking ownership. i'd be furious!
for a moment i thought it might have come from the release of the gt500 and those owners feeling like their parade had been rained on but i remember seeing this same type of behavior before that point. its honestly very weird. i've been on a number of forums over the years and i've never seen a specific group act so strangely amongst fellow owners. as i said in a previous post an overwhelming majority of the gt350 owners on here are cool guys and i enjoy reading their posts. a few of them i have even messaged with back and forth. there is no denying though that a couple of you are just really weird when it comes to these cars, to the point that you behave like assholes to total strangers on the internet for no reason.
everyone thinks the gt350 is a sweet car. i would say its the best looking mustang ever made, at least in the modern era. its performance is undeniable. if someone came on here and bashed it for no reason i'd say jump their ass. but actual 350 owners getting talked down to because they have a valid complaint about their car? other mustang owners getting shit on for believing its rapid rise in sale price on the used market is unrelated to the car itself, especially when the entire used market is doing the same? what an odd group lol. talk about an inferiority complex holy shit
Well said.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not many people doubt the R version of the 350 has increased in value disproportionately to routine car prices. That’s been witnessed.

The concern I have with the OP’s post is simply this… he buys a car he hasn’t familiarized himself with well, as he admitted he didn’t know of the tensioner TSB, and then when the engine fails, which could’ve been absolutely related to the tensioner not being properly addressed before the car left the factory, he labels the engine a “POS”.

Awareness is key… evidently, it’s ok for people to purchase something and not be aware and then label a phenomenally designed engine a POS cause they were unaware and didn't address a vital update… that’s what warranties are for.

Rather than join M6G when he purchased the car, as hundreds, if not thousands of 350 owners did, he waited to do so when the engine blew, which in perception, going by his initial post, IMHO, looks like he came on just to roast the car as a “POS”.

And, I perceive someone will have a follow up that he said his car didn’t fall under the list of VINs associated with the TSB, yet how many people found out through direct visitation that their tensioners were fine, or not fine, simply because someone was gracious enough to post the TSB alert to the forum and alert others as to how to verify? A few owners were able to seek a fix before they had an engine mishap due to this awareness.

IIRC, none of those that had tensioner issues came back on here and said, “This is a POS engine/car.”

But like he said, and he’s wrong about this, it’s his “money” and he can do what he wants to with it.

OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Not many people doubt the R version of the 350 has increased in value disproportionately to routine car prices. That’s been witnessed.

The concern I have with the OP’s post is simply this… he buys a car he hasn’t familiarized himself with well, as he admitted he didn’t know of the tensioner TSB, and then when the engine fails, which could’ve been absolutely related to the tensioner not being properly addressed before the car left the factory, he labels the engine a “POS”.

Awareness is key… evidently, it’s ok for people to purchase something and not be aware and then label a phenomenally designed engine a POS cause they were unaware and didn't address a vital update… that’s what warranties are for.

Rather than join M6G when he purchased the car, as hundreds, if not thousands of 350 owners did, he waited to do so when the engine blew, which in perception, going by his initial post, IMHO, looks like he came on just to roast the car as a “POS”.

And, I perceive someone will have a follow up that he said his car didn’t fall under the list of VINs associated with the TSB, yet how many people found out through direct visitation that their tensioners were fine, or not fine, simply because someone was gracious enough to post the TSB alert to the forum and alert others as to how to verify? A few owners were able to seek a fix before they had an engine mishap due to this awareness.

IIRC, none of those that had tensioner issues came back on here and said, “This is a POS engine/car.”

But like he said, and he’s wrong about this, it’s his “money” and he can do what he wants to with it.
Like I stated in my prior post I did find out about the TSB a few weeks prior to the car going down but nothing was pending on my ford app or when I did a Vin Check but that doesn't matter any more....imagine if I would of called the car a POS and not the engine I would of probably been banned after getting destroyed by all of ya lmao

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stated in my prior post I did find out about the TSB a few weeks prior to the car going down but nothing was pending on my ford app or when I did a Vin Check but that doesn't matter any more....imagine if I would of called the car a POS and not the engine I would of probably been banned after getting destroyed by all of ya lmao
Like I said, some owners, even a 2019 owner, looked and found their tensioners to be issues that were not on the recall list. Just cause your VIN wasn’t on it doesn’t mean you were not in the clear.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Like I said, some owners, even a 2019 owner, looked and found their tensioners to be issues that were not on the recall list. Just cause your VIN wasn’t on it doesn’t mean you were not in the clear.
Jesus, it’s bad enough that the problem is so prevalent that a TSB needed to be issued, but then on top of it you are skewering him because the list of affected cars may not have included his car? Is this really what someone who buys a $65,000 vehicle should expect to have to deal with? That’s a bunch of BS.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus, it’s bad enough that the problem is so prevalent that a TSB needed to be issued, but then on top of it you are skewering him because the list of affected cars may not have included his car? Is this really what someone who buys a $65,000 vehicle should expect to have to deal with? That’s a bunch of BS.
He doesn’t seem to be skewered… he appears to be just fine.

If you call something a POS, maybe you should do some simple due diligence before running around Chicken-Littling something. Seems like if he was even remotely interested in finding out the possible demise of his engine, he could simply have checked if that was the cause… eh?

Nah… he’d just rather come over here, make his first post about my shit broke and then get victim benefits.

OP, good luck with your replacement. If you happen to so much as lift a vocal cord to inquire of the servicing department about the status of the tensioners, that’d likely take one possibility of failure off the list, or possibly nail it down.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
talk about an inferiority complex holy shit
To this, I'll just say.. It's not me in the GT section pretending that I'm explaining something that others don't know.

I'm going to be honest. I skimmed most of this (barely readable considering punctuation and such) and went right to the end to quote this...because I pretty much knew this was the only dig you would try to throw out there - and it's hilarious. You also need to check your reading - I didn't dig the OP at all. In fact, I stated that people are just impatient and that this is the internet..blah blah.. So maybe you need to analyze the fact that you have some kind of hang-up, painting everyone with your "theory" and rambling on, self-proclaiming that your "conclusions are solid".

Edited to ad: I'm not sure where it went off the rails but it looks like you'rre the one that started arguing about prices here...not even what the thread was about or what anyone was talking about (shogun mentioned it very briefly). So I think, in addition to everything else - you're arguing with yourself, lol.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

I don't really agree. It's easy to Monday-AM quarterback this now but shit happens and while even the title of the thread suggests that he was aware of the undeniable (argue if it's valid or not) public perception that some of these engines have had issues - it's a little over the top to grill the guy as if he should have expected this to happen. What we should all expect is to just put gas in the car and drive it. Yes, this is in the family of engines that we have learned needs a little bit of extra care and feeding but it's never a good time when the worst happens.
Sponsored