More info please!!

Stevbas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT 350.
The different crank layout is due to the intake. Ferrari basically uses two intakes and throttle bodies on their motor. For packaging purposes on the 350, this was not possible so they changed the order on the crank to be able to use one intake. At least that's how I understand it.
They said it was a bad #5 Valve in my car .

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I sure hope you’re wrong about the bad “early batch” for 2020. I managed to purchase chassis #001 last October and currently have just over 700 miles on the clock. I believe mine was built in August. Mine runs like a raped ape so far and hasn’t burned a drop of oil. I’ve also been judicious in my break-in technique. TBC...
I also have chassis #1 and would also hate this...

Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Holy cow. Sorry to hear that Stevbas. 424 miles. The dreaded "#5 valve". Sadly, we probably will see more of these. C'mon Ford (or more appropriately Ford supplier).

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No #1 must of had phenomenal quality control Cool Hand Luke !! Keep flying !
Cool Hand Luke has Chassis 1 of the OG 2020 GT350R cars. I have LR001 of the Heritage GT350R. Why would they use the same Serial number on 2 cars with different trim packages? IDK, but I love his red badging everywhere. Mine is rapidly becoming my favorite car, but his is pretty awesome also!

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Why would they use the same Serial number on 2 cars with different trim packages?
I think that's a pretty easy one to answer. Comic books love resetting to issue 0 or issue 1 every few years, because people have a love of "low numbered stuff".

Similarly, by differentiating between two trim levels and enabling them to offer two 001s is far preferable, from a marketing POV, than offering just one 001.

Why have one happy 001 driver, when you can have two? :)

At the end of the day, that's the main reason for the chassis numbering; marketing. And if I sound dismissive, I'm not! I love that my HPP will have a chassis number, too.

Last edited:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that's a pretty easy one to answer. Just like comic books love resetting to issue 0 or issue 1 ever few years, because people have a love of "low numbered stuff".

So by differentiating between two trim levels and enabling them to offer two 001s in similar cars is far preferable, from a marketing POV, than only offering one 001.

At the end of the day, that's the main reason for the chassis numbering; marketing. And if I sound dismissive, I'm not! I love that my HPP will have a chassis number, too.
Variant covers for #special... that’s an awesome analogy! I have a pretty large collection of those as well...
Sponsored

Reactions: HPP