Another 2020 engine failure

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
I would think it would be as EASY as asking the service guy (maybe even greasing his palm) to go back and SEE or take a pic with his phone of the builder plate, or heaven forbid.....take a stroll in the shop like I'm lost and take a peek at it maybe.....

I was interested in the signature plate to see if the original engine builder is the same person who most of the engine failures traced back to.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Did I miss where this was suggested? I hope you didnā€™t conjure that hypothesis based on me asking for pics of the car?
Interestingā€¦ my dealership lets me in the service department all the time when my car is there. All I had to do was askā€¦. Whatcha got to lose?.. or is this story really real?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yeah, that's not 100% cool. I think people are just impatient...the internet did that to us lol. Will get info eventually. Hopefully the OP gets it resolve to his satisfaction. Like I said, we haven't really seen this much except for the tensioner issue (even before the TSB was released).

I should add - there HAVE been people who advertise their engine failure and refuse to provide any info to help determine what it was...then go on to tell everyone that they know for sure that all of these engines are doomed...basically wanting to drag everyone down their unlucky path..maybe so they don't feel all alone? I don't think that's where this is going, I just think we dont have all the info "yet".

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thanks, I also got my car out of state. Let's hope this cars last us. I should have kept my 04 cobra, that thing was a wild beast.
I wonder if their delay was in order to prioritize cars that were purchased at their dealer? Not saying that's right - warranty is warranty but it happens. I'm guessing it was too far to bring it to the dealer it was purchased at.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yeah, that's not 100% cool. I think people are just impatient...the internet did that to us lol. Will get info eventually. Hopefully the OP gets it resolve to his satisfaction. Like I said, we haven't really seen this much except for the tensioner issue (even before the TSB was released).

I should add - there HAVE been people who advertise their engine failure and refuse to provide any info to help determine what it was...then go on to tell everyone that they know for sure that all of these engines are doomed...basically wanting to drag everyone down their unlucky path..maybe so they don't feel all alone? I don't think that's where this is going, I just think we dont have all the info "yet".
Yeah, cool or not, itā€™s not cool to make your way to a GT350 forum as a newbie, clearly on a mission to spark something up, calling the engine a POS. He apparently had no need to come on here before.

He posted pics of heads with cam covers removedā€¦ then when people start asking about the status of the TSB and the builder, heā€™s mum and donā€™t care to even possibly bother the department to see if the tensioners may have been an issue.

Yet, the community helps him out which he didnā€™t even ask for in his initial post, but clearly wanted to make it a point that this was his 5th Mustang and the engine is a POS. Yeah, not cool.šŸ“šŸ’©

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I see the problem right there. A red GT350? That's the mark of the devil. Only blue and white are proper Fords, so ...

/sarcasm, obviously.
Someone coined the phrase 'poodoo' and I gotta say the shoe fits. Unfortunately. Ford you had ONE job, ONE!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I see the problem right there. A red GT350? That's the mark of the devil. Only blue and white are proper Fords, so ...

/sarcasm, obviously.
Someone coined the phrase 'poodoo' and I gotta say the shoe fits. Unfortunately. Ford you had ONE job, ONE!
1631884863075.png

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I guess if it will make you guys feel any better I'll post pics of my car. Like the other guy mentioned, I have no street cred here, only reason I came to this forum was because my 2020 went out and I wanted it to be known that it's happening even to the latest year. I bought a 2020 thinking I was safe from all the previous issues with the voodoo but that wasn't the case.
Street cred? Lmao šŸ¤£ wtf, sorry but that is just dumb as hell. You don't need street cred here, this isn't Need for Speed. I didn't know that there was a vetting process here, I certainly did not go through one. I might not even own a GT350, I could have sold it or just stole the pictures from somebody else and nobody would even know.

I can already see where this is going because it happens every time so I'll just stop posting here and just lurk to read about your updates. Sorry about what happened but don't pay attention to the gatekeeping here. People get offended easily and are very sensitive now.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Yeah, cool or not, itā€™s not cool to make your way to a GT350 forum as a newbie, clearly on a mission to spark something up, calling the engine a POS. He apparently had no need to come on here before.

He posted pics of heads with cam covers removedā€¦ then when people start asking about the status of the TSB and the builder, heā€™s mum and donā€™t care to even possibly bother the department to see if the tensioners may have been an issue.

Yet, the community helps him out which he didnā€™t even ask for in his initial post, but clearly wanted to make it a point that this was his 5th Mustang and the engine is a POS. Yeah, not cool.šŸ“šŸ’©
I've never seen so many males get offended over an engine(a piece of metal) being called a POS, it's mine I can call it what ever I want, an engine that failed at 900 miles sure does seem like a POS engine but that's right the world is now full of sensitive ladies, good thing I'm not one of them. Keep crying about a photo, a can care less.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

/sarcasm, obviously.
It seems your one job on this site is to bash a car that the vast majority of owners have had zero issues with. Let me tell ya, if I had any reservations about my R and its durability, I'da traded it off already on a 19 Z06, 20 ZL1, 20 Redeye or something. I've had plenty of cool cars, fast cars, fun cars. No brand loyalty whatsoever. My R...is the most special.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I've never seen so many males get offended over an engine(a piece of metal) being called a POS, it's mine I can call it what ever I want, an engine that failed at 900 miles sure does seem like a POS engine but that's right the world is now full of sensitive ladies, good thing I'm not one of them. Keep crying about a photo, a can care less.
I certainly don't get offended about what ever you want to say about your property or however you want to treat your property. However, if your gonna tell us a sad story about your property then the more details the better. It isn't uncommon for members to ask questions for validation sake.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It seems your one job on this site is to bash a car that the vast majority of owners have had zero issues with
the sample size of GT350 owners on this forum in relation to actual ownership is tiny. And even in this tiny sample engine failures keep coming up. And seeing as how many GT350 have basic paint/panel issues the 'zero' claim is a bit wide of the mark. I don't think anyone is claiming materially worse than 20%, or hell even 5% probability of engine failure. But whatever the number, it sure seems it is a lot farther from 0 than it should be.

If the general public is left with an indelible impression (even if blown out of proportion) about "high" failure rates then yes, your ability to command a premium price on sale is reduced. It's just too bad. Ford baked the cookie and you get to watch it crumble.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It seems your one job on this site is to bash a car that the vast majority of owners have had zero issues with. Let me tell ya, if I had any reservations about my R and its durability, I'da traded it off already on a 19 Z06, 20 ZL1, 20 Redeye or something. I've had plenty of cool cars, fast cars, fun cars. No brand loyalty whatsoever. My R...is the most special.
Not to mention - never owned one lol. Guy spends more time on a sub for a car he doesnā€™t own than anyone Iā€™ve seen.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
the sample size of GT350 owners on this forum in relation to actual ownership is tiny. And even in this tiny sample engine failures keep coming up. And seeing as how many GT350 have basic paint/panel issues the 'zero' claim is a bit wide of the mark. I don't think anyone is claiming materially worse than 20%, or hell 5% probability of engine failure. But whatever the number, it sure seems it is a lot farther from 0 than it should be.
Youā€™re obviously reading what you want to. Iā€™m seeing (and this thread is a good example) people who never would have joined if they didnā€™t have problems. Not to say itā€™s good - but you must realize that all review sites are most frequently visisted by people having problems vs praise.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, if whatā€™s yours is yours, whatā€™s mine is mine, right, so touchĆ©.

I have a valid pointā€¦ whether you like it or not, if your engine failed because of a tensioner issue, the installer or the part failed the engine, not the engine itself.
Sponsored