Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertable
Could he? Yah. Should he? Probably no.

First off there is a fix that is available and on the way. A new motor. I’d jump on that if I were in his position.

Second, a replacement motor is not going to kill his values. And to be honest Ford made 25,000 base model GT350’s over 6 years. When magazines say that they made these in pretty big numbers they’re meaning those—base models—because that’s far more than the roughly 3,000 R models, I wouldn’t be holding out for the collector car market with any base model. Auctions have shown them selling above MSRP, but not crazy high in the 80-100k range that R models have gone for—with so many of them, it’s not going to be a factor. So if you have a base model, drive it! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about the collector car market.

Third, what is the alternative? Like I just mentioned, GT350’s are selling for higher than new and they’re discontinued, so he may or may not have to pay more for a replacement, which will be a second hand car—hard to take when you have a brand new car with under 1k miles, and a GT500 is a 10k-40k (before ADM) which is a pricey upgrade depending on packages chosen.

And a Mach 1 should be off the list because although it is an upgrade if you’re coming from a Mustang GT, that, to most, is a demotion if you’re leaving a GT350 (apologies to the one guy in the forums who did leave a GT350 for a Mach 1—I said “most”, not “all”. ).

So back to the question of buyback—yes it’s available after 30 days in the shop, but should he do it, in my opinion—hell no! Unless the OP really just wants to get out of the car. The alternatives aren’t great if he wants to stay in a Mustang, most options will cost him money.

If this was a normal car yeah maybe you have a point. Because a replacement car would be really freaking easy—lose your red car, get a blue car; however, all GT350s are gone. Discontinued. No more new ones available. That changes the equation quite a bit.

I’d sit back, let them install the new motor, drink an ice 🧊 tea, and argue for an extended warranty. That keeps me in an cool car, and I’m not out of pocket money or owe a bank for the difference of a 500 that the OP may or may not even want.
Lemon law they give you the car you had. If Ford had to cough up a replacement, too bad. I bet they can find one. I CAN find one. I wouldn't have it myself, not for that kind of money. If I wanted disposable trash, I would have gone to the dump. That was manufacturers defect all day long.
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Lemon law they give you the car you had. If Ford had to cough up a replacement, too bad. I bet they can find one. I CAN find one. I wouldn't have it myself, not for that kind of money. If I wanted disposable trash, I would have gone to the dump. That was manufacturers defect all day long.
That’s not how lemon law works.
California lemon law covers cars either under 18 months of ownership or 18,000 miles.

They initiate a manufacturer buyback which is where the manufacturer buys the car back from you minus miles in some situations which they might deduct before the terminal issue occurred.

So I have no idea where you’re getting “Lemon law they give you the car you had.”

The car you had is bought back because it’s a lemon i.e. defective or was not able to be fixed within 30 days. You surrender the car and they give you a check for the negotiated amount. If you want to bring in lawyers then you go to court and you may or may not get the money that you want back.

By the way, a manufacturer is not obligated to buy you a used car or to somehow negotiate with a dealership who has a used car to get you that as a replacement that is absolutely not a part of lemon law.

If a car is still in production then they have the obligation to offer you a replacement i.e. let’s say you have a 2019 Camry and that gets bought back through lemon law, manufacturer buyback, one of the options that would be available to you would be for them to offer you a 2022 Camry as a replacement.

GT350s were discontinued in 2020 so there are no replacement options for the manufacturer to offer. They do not go and find you a used car for sale from a private party or a used car at a dealership—which the dealership owns, not Ford. They don’t own that car, so that’s out of the question.

And by the way you cannot find a brand new GT350 that Ford still owns—they don’t exist—trust me, I know.

Ford has no more GT350/GT350R to offer as a replacement. Looking at AutoTrader or another website is not looking at a car that Ford owns or can provide as a replacement.

The manufacturer in a buyback situation or a lemon law situation has three things that they can do: (1) Fix the car; (2) replace the car; (3) buy back the car.

Here’s some stuff on lemon law for California DMV you seriously should brush up:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/drive...ast-facts/lemon-law-buyback-vehicles-ffvr-17/

Last edited:

Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
California lemon law covers cars either under 18 months of ownership or 18,000 miles.

They initiate a manufacturer buyback which is where the manufacturer buys the car back from you minus miles in some situations which they might deduct before the terminal issue occurred.

So I have no idea where you’re getting “Lemon law they give you the car you had.”

The car you had is bought back because it’s a lemon i.e. defective or was not able to be fixed within 30 days. You surrender the car and they give you a check for the negotiated amount. If you want to bring in lawyers then you go to court and you may or may not get the money that you want back.

By the way, a manufacturer is not obligated to buy you a used car or to somehow negotiate with a dealership who has a used car to get you that as a replacement that is absolutely not a part of lemon law.

If a car is still in production then they have the obligation to offer you a replacement i.e. let’s say you have a 2019 Camry and that gets bought back through lemon law, manufacturer buyback, one of the options that would be available to you would be for them to offer you a 2022 Camry as a replacement.

GT350s were discontinued in 2020 so there are no replacement options for the manufacturer to offer. They do not go and find you a used car for sale from a private party or a used car at a dealership—which the dealership owns, not Ford. They don’t own that car, so that’s out of the question.

And by the way you cannot find a brand new GT350 that Ford still owns—they don’t exist—trust me, I know.

Ford has no more GT350/GT350R to offer as a replacement. Looking at AutoTrader or another website is not looking at a car that Ford owns or can provide as a replacement.

The manufacturer in a buyback situation or a lemon law situation has three things that they can do: (1) Fix the car; (2) replace the car; (3) buy back the car.

Here’s some stuff on lemon law for California DMV you seriously should brush up:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/drive...ast-facts/lemon-law-buyback-vehicles-ffvr-17/
Well there it is.... You're in Cali, I'm in Florida. Do you sell lemons? You know an awful lot about them... 🤔

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Would the California lemon law even apply for this situation? Pretty sure OP said he bought it in a different state. Could be wrong but I remember reading on here that for these cases you go by whatever state you originally bought the car from.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Would the California lemon law even apply for this situation? Pretty sure OP said he bought it in a different state. Could be wrong but I remember reading on here that for these cases you go by whatever state you originally bought the car from.
As long as it’s within these terms, California law still applies they don’t care where you bought it. California only cares where you bought it when taxes are concerned. They want to make sure that you paid California taxes. After that and after the DMV inspection, it’s viewed the same as any new car in CA.

If the car has a failure and requires lemon law protection, you are still covered. And I would assume, that goes for most states if not all because that would be some weird clause that if you buy out of state, then you’re fucked or penalized, which doesn’t exist to my knowledge. There’s many situations for when people buy a car at a state and some could be as easy as “hey I was traveling and I saw a car and I bought it” so there’s no penalties other than making sure that you pay your state taxes for the vehicle.

So OP‘s car is covered because he’s under 18,000 miles and most likely still under 18 months from purchasing the vehicle. With one month in the shop he can go this route but because Ford has an option of fixing his vehicle and has the parts on order his case is weaker than if they couldn’t fix the vehicle.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Well there it is.... You're in Cali, I'm in Florida. Do you sell lemons? You know an awful lot about them... 🤔
Funny. First I’m legally trained, and second, I know far more than I would like about the subject.

So no, I don’t sell lemons, but you may perhaps be one.

1631575515239.gif

Last edited:

Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
Funny. First I’m legally trained, and second, I know far more than I would like about the subject.

So no, I don’t sell lemons, but you may perhaps be one.

1631575515239.gif
Orrrrr... I forced a dealer to buy back a car under the lemon law in the state of Forida.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I can’t argue with that. All of my Ford’s have been bought out of my state. Luckily I have a great service department in the dealer close to me. The service adviser I deal with is top notch and I’m sure that has a lot to do with it as well. I’ve been in the shop when some just act like complete asrsehats and I’m sure that doesn’t help.
That's truly the most important thing; having a dealership that is responsive to you and cares about you. Irregardless of what the manufacturer's warranty process is, a dealer can always get something covered and probably has the flexibility to do what it needs to keep the customer happy. I would think that warranty work would be a priority to ensure that customers will buy another car from them if they are taken cared of.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Orrrrr... I forced a dealer to buy back a car under the lemon law in the state of Forida.
Most lemon laws say it has to be a continued failure of the same components; at least in my state it has to be 3 failures of the same component. But realistically, these are all made by humans so there is such a thing as the assembler had a "bad day" or a certain part was defective (thus it didn't even last 1,000 miles). I'm due for my first oil change with 2600 miles on it and thus far, no issues (no ticks, etc. that's reported so often). We'll see if after this first dealer oil change everything is still OK.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
What am I missing about retaining the signature plate or transferring it to the new engine?
Ford has no obligation to give you the plate from the old engine and certainly would not put the signature of another builder on your new engine. If they do, what’s the point of a signature plate!
BTW…. Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I bought an Eddie Bauer Bronco. I had so many problems with it, mostly custom service, that I told my then new bride to shoot me if I ever want to buy another Ford. Well 30 years later these kind of posts trigger old bad memories.
I guess your new bride isn't around anymore since she didn't shoot you for your 2019. :)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Could he? Yah. Should he? Probably no.

First off there is a fix that is available and on the way. A new motor. I’d jump on that if I were in his position.

Second, a replacement motor is not going to kill his values. And to be honest Ford made 25,000 base model GT350’s over 6 years. When magazines say that they made these in pretty big numbers they’re meaning those—base models—because that’s far more than the roughly 3,000 R models, I wouldn’t be holding out for the collector car market with any base model. Auctions have shown them selling above MSRP, but not crazy high in the 80-100k range that R models have gone for—with so many of them, it’s not going to be a factor. So if you have a base model, drive it! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about the collector car market.

Third, what is the alternative? Like I just mentioned, GT350’s are selling for higher than new and they’re discontinued, so he may or may not have to pay more for a replacement, which will be a second hand car—hard to take when you have a brand new car with under 1k miles, and a GT500 is a 10k-40k (before ADM) which is a pricey upgrade depending on packages chosen.

And a Mach 1 should be off the list because although it is an upgrade if you’re coming from a Mustang GT, that, to most, is a demotion if you’re leaving a GT350 (apologies to the one guy in the forums who did leave a GT350 for a Mach 1—I said “most”, not “all”. ).

So back to the question of buyback—yes it’s available after 30 days in the shop, but should he do it, in my opinion—hell no! Unless the OP really just wants to get out of the car. The alternatives aren’t great if he wants to stay in a Mustang, most options will cost him money.

If this was a normal car yeah maybe you have a point. Because a replacement car would be really freaking easy—lose your red car, get a blue car; however, all GT350s are gone. Discontinued. No more new ones available. That changes the equation quite a bit.

I’d sit back, let them install the new motor, drink an ice 🧊 tea, and argue for an extended warranty. That keeps me in an cool car, and I’m not out of pocket money or owe a bank for the difference of a 500 that the OP may or may not even want.
Sorry have to jump in...

Your statement about a replacement engine is far from the truth. Engine replacement on a GT350, GT350R or GT500 will affect the value of the vehicle.

This has been discussed here more times than I care to link the threads about it. Once the car has such a warranty job completed, the VIN also denotes the engine was replaced in both Ford OASIS and Ford ETIS. Somehow that info has also carried through to some CarFax, Autocheck or similar VIN reporting entities. But we're not here to discuss VIN reports.

When a GT350, 350R or 500 has had an engine replacement, it's no longer a "numbers matched" Shelby, period. This does affect value to those seeking a Shelby with an original drivetrain and is numbers matched. Sure, there are folks who don't give a rats ass about ANY vehicle being numbers matched and will still buy the car. HOWEVER, if the Owner were to try and trade such a car into a Ford Dealership, they will run OASIS/ETIS and see it's warranty history. It's been documented on here again numerous times that those who have tried to unload a Shelby that has had a warranted engine replacement, they have had a hard time selling and have been devalued by trade in value. Even trying to sell privately, some have said it's been hell to try and get decent resale even though the engine replacement was done by Ford. To say that a S550 GT350/350R/500 with an engine replacement fares no difference in value than one that has NEVER had an engine replacement is ripe with falsehoods.

--

A Ford RAV Buy Back is an option IF the OP wants to pursue it. He has to meet his Home State Lemon Law provisions. Ford does not deviate from State Lemon Laws and follows each to the letter.

Ford RAV Buy Back gives the owner 2 options:
1) Refund of all monies due; owner can walk away from Ford, buy another Ford product, buy Brand ABCD or just bank it.

2) Vehicle replacement: Owner opts to have Lemon Replaced with another Ford product equal to MSRP. The collateral swap is MSRP to MSRP, period. No discounts, no incentives, no Ford A-X plan, etc. Strictly MSRP to MSRP. The replacement vehicle has to be a new Ford product either of the same year (if applicable) OR newer and available on any Ford Dealer Lot in the USA. Ford RAV tries to get the Customer to choose a vehicle from a local Dealer lot, but if circumstances are. It in their favor, the new replacement can be sourced from outside of the Customer's region or State.

With a Ford RAV Vehicle Replacement, the owner can opt to get ANY Ford product that was equal to the Lemon @ MSRP. They are not tied to the same vehicle as initially purchased.

--

If any Owner has paid in excess of MSRP such as Dealer ADM and is going through a RAV Buy Back - Ford RAV does not refund ADM or anything paid over MSRP. ADM is a Dealership added line of cost, it did not come from Ford, it was never on the Original Window Sticker as a line item and only benefits the selling Dealer. The Owner would need to get the Dealership to refund ADM - good luck... Again this has been discussed on this site and if anyone has new FACTS to confirm their ADM was reimbursed through Ford RAV or a Dealership, post up.

---

Many State Lemon laws will default to an instant Lemon claim IF:
1) the vehicle was at the Service Dept 30 Consecutive days
2) the vehicle was at the Service Dept 30 calendar days in the current year
3) in either instance above the vehicle must be within 12k/12 Mos, 24k/24 Mos or xxK/xx Mos of its purchase date.

***NOTE:
#'s 1-3 above vary by State. Meaning some States will specify 30-consecutive over 30-calendar, etc. same is true with Mileage/Month from purchase date provision.

IF the vehicle does not meet the instant 30-day criteria above, then for it to qualify as a Lemon, it must meet other criteria outlined in the State's Lemon Law provisions.

Also, not all States penalize for mileage usage. Mileage penalty is based on the documented mileage of the first occurrence of warranty repair that is being used as the basis for the lemon claim. It's NOT the total accrued mileage of the vehicle.

---

Search terms on here to learn more about Ford Buy Backs:
Ford RAV
RAV Buy Back
Vehicle replacement
RAV
MSRP to MSRP
RAV refund
Collateral swap
Lemon Law

I've posted many threads with factual info, as well as mock RAV worksheet examples used for vehicle replacement. Other M6G members have added info about the RAV "refund" process. I've also guided quite a few M6G members to successful RAV results.

There is A LOT of factual info available on this site regarding ALL of the above information pertaining to Shelby engine replacements and the resulting negative impacts, Lemon Laws, and Ford RAV processes.

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Sorry have to jump in...

Your statement about a replacement engine is far from the truth. Engine replacement on a GT350, GT350R or GT500 will affect the value of the vehicle.

This has been discussed here more times than I care to link the threads about it. Once the car has such a warranty job completed, the VIN also denotes the engine was replaced in both Ford OASIS and Ford ETIS. Somehow that info has also carried through to some CarFax, Autocheck or similar VIN reporting entities. But we're not here to discuss VIN reports.

When a GT350, 350R or 500 has had an engine replacement, it's no longer a "numbers matched" Shelby, period. This does affect value to those seeking a Shelby with an original drivetrain and is numbers matched. Sure, there are folks who don't give a rats ass about ANY vehicle being numbers matched and will still buy the car. HOWEVER, if the Owner were to try and trade such a car into a Ford Dealership, they will run OASIS/ETIS and see it's warranty history. It's been documented on here again numerous times that those who have tried to unload a Shelby that has had a warranted engine replacement, they have had a hard time selling and have been devalued by trade in value. Even trying to sell privately, some have said it's been hell to try and get decent resale even though the engine replacement was done by Ford. To say that a S550 GT350/350R/500 with an engine replacement fares no difference in value than one that has NEVER had an engine replacement is ripe with falsehoods.

--

A Ford RAV Buy Back is an option IF the OP wants to pursue it. He has to meet his Home State Lemon Law provisions. Ford does not deviate from State Lemon Laws and follows each to the letter.

Ford RAV Buy Back gives the owner 2 options:
1) Refund of all monies due; owner can walk away from Ford, buy another Ford product, buy Brand ABCD or just bank it.

2) Vehicle replacement: Owner opts to have Lemon Replaced with another Ford product equal to MSRP. The collateral swap is MSRP to MSRP, period. No discounts, no incentives, no Ford A-X plan, etc. Strictly MSRP to MSRP. The replacement vehicle has to be a new Ford product either of the same year (if applicable) OR newer and available on any Ford Dealer Lot in the USA. Ford RAV tries to get the Customer to choose a vehicle from a local Dealer lot, but if circumstances are. It in their favor, the new replacement can be sourced from outside of the Customer's region or State.

With a Ford RAV Vehicle Replacement, the owner can opt to get ANY Ford product that was equal to the Lemon @ MSRP. They are not tied to the same vehicle as initially purchased.

--

If any Owner has paid in excess of MSRP such as Dealer ADM and is going through a RAV Buy Back - Ford RAV does not refund ADM or anything paid over MSRP. ADM is a Dealership added line of cost, it did not come from Ford, it was never on the Original Window Sticker as a line item and only benefits the selling Dealer. The Owner would need to get the Dealership to refund ADM - good luck... Again this has been discussed on this site and if anyone has new FACTS to confirm their ADM was reimbursed through Ford RAV or a Dealership, post up.

---

Many State Lemon laws will default to an instant Lemon claim IF:
1) the vehicle was at the Service Dept 30 Consecutive days
2) the vehicle was at the Service Dept 30 calendar days in the current year
3) in either instance above the vehicle must be within 12k/12 Mos, 24k/24 Mos or xxK/xx Mos of its purchase date.

***NOTE:
#'s 1-3 above vary by State. Meaning some States will specify 30-consecutive over 30-calendar, etc. same is true with Mileage/Month from purchase date provision.

IF the vehicle does not meet the instant 30-day criteria above, then for it to qualify as a Lemon, it must meet other criteria outlined in the State's Lemon Law provisions.

Also, not all States penalize for mileage usage. Mileage penalty is based on the documented mileage of the first occurrence of warranty repair that is being used as the basis for the lemon claim. It's NOT the total accrued mileage of the vehicle.

---

Search terms on here to learn more about Ford Buy Backs:
Ford RAV
RAV Buy Back
Vehicle replacement
RAV
MSRP to MSRP
RAV refund
Collateral swap
Lemon Law

I've posted many threads with factual info, as well as mock RAV worksheet examples used for vehicle replacement. Other M6G members have added info about the RAV "refund" process. I've also guided quite a few M6G members to successful RAV results.

There is A LOT of factual info available on this site regarding ALL of the above information pertaining to Shelby engine replacements and the resulting negative impacts, Lemon Laws, and Ford RAV processes.
I’m just gonna go off your first argument—engine replacement which is your discussion about values. I’m not really going to talk about the other stuff because I’m well-versed in the California law in the buyback procedure with Ford, and so I really don’t care to go through the procedures that you posted below, you may disagree with me but I literally laid out California lemon law and also Ford’s own procedures for what the situation is like when you’re facing a buy back procedure. I pretty much skimmed the rest of that because I literally am telling you from first hand perspective what that is like to go through it, take that as you will.

To the point on engine value and whether or not that should be a factor.

you said:

“Your statement about a replacement engine is far from the truth. Engine replacement on a GT350, GT350R or GT500 will affect the value of the vehicle.”

I think you should read at what I wrote again because you are missing the crux of my argument.

Here it is what I said:

“…a replacement motor is not going to kill his values.”

This statement is followed immediately by the crux of my argument that I’m making about why it’s not going to affect his values very much:

“…[BECAUSE] … Ford made 25,000 base model GT350’s over 6 years. When magazines say that they made these in pretty big numbers they’re meaning those—base models—because that’s far more than the roughly 3,000 R models, I wouldn’t be holding out for the collector car market with any base model. Auctions have shown them selling above MSRP, but not crazy high in the 80-100k range that R models have gone for—with so many of them, it’s not going to be a factor. So if you have a base model, drive it! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about the collector car market.”

Let me explain in full:

In 1965, there were a total of 562 Shelby GT350s were built in 1965, 37 of which were the lightweight race or "R-model" cars.

Fast forward to the second generation GT350, the base model 350 numbers around 25 thousand!!

An example, in 2018 Ford made 633 GT350R models. In that same year, Ford made 639 base model GT350s in just one color, Leadfoot Gray. They made a total of 3,745 base models in that one year—that’s either about as many or more units that Ford made of the GT350R with all 6 years of production combined!!

Numbers matching base GT350s are not going to matter with that production number. If it is still a good condition car, you’re going to see values being above MSRP. IT WILL NOT BE AS IF THE CAR HAS A SALAVAGE TITLE OR WILL SELL FAR BELOW STANDARD VALUE.

Base models are too numerous to ever be a huge collector car item— we are not talking about GT350R or 500 carbon package as you mentioned in your reply. Those particular vehicles were made in a smaller numbers than their base vehicle counterparts. 3000-3600 some odd GT350R‘s to 25,000 GT350 base models.

Show me where there’s an auction were a base model 350 or even a 2015 GT350 base model went for super high value? Something in the range of an R model?

Are they selling for more than MSRP? yes. Are they commanding the same type of values of an R model? no. And the reason is because it is a base model—doesn’t matter what year it was made in, there are so many base models that you will always have more cars available than buyers, so it’s always going to drive the price down far below an R model.

For instance last week, there was an auction for a 2015 base model. There were only 100 base models produced in 2015 and the one for auction only got to “$72,500. So $79,750 final price.”

High for a base model, but for a 2015, the expectations assumed that it would be a 90k to 100k car because it is a 2015 GT350 of which there were only 100.

If the base models were so sought after or so highly valued then this 2015 base model should have sold for much higher as it would be in parity with its R-model counterpart, which as I mentioned before are selling for $150,000 to $200,000—far higher than almost any other R model from other years.

Owners with base models should enjoy their cars. They have an amazing car —it’s an amazing machine, they should drive it and enjoy it and not sit around looking at collector car values because based on just supply and demand it’s never going to affect them. So, if you plan to keep that car, who cares if your car has a second motor, or a supercharger, or if you put whatever aftermarket stuff on the car you don’t have to keep it original you got a base model—enjoy it. There are different rules for if you have a base model GT350/base model GT500, or if you own a GT350R or a GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack.

TO CONCLUDE THIS POINT, a no-numbers matching replacement engine cannot effect his future collector car value because he has no or little future collector car value in the first place.

If you wanted a collector car, then you should’ve bought an R model. This is a fact! Auctions and R model prices have shown and have proven that.

There is a reason why R models and Carbon Track Packages demand a premium when buying from new. They have more exclusive parts and they are rarer—for those cars, I would agree with you on the replacement engines, but like I said before, a base model’s future market value is not the same as a R-model or a 500 Carbon Track Package.

So to consider arguing for a Buyback because it does not have the numbers matching engine for a vehicle that is so numerous that it is never going to be considered as a collector car, is bad advise in my opinion. It would also be bad advice if I told a base model owner “don’t drive your car and keep it at super low miles because you could flip it.” Can you sell it for a profit? Yes. For a large profit that you’re seeing with low miles 350R? Hell no. Most likely you will get more or about as much as you paid for it.

The only argument that I could see towards this is if the OP is only a short term owner. If he’s looking to possibly flip the car in a couple years then I can see the argument.

As for your own experience in helping people which I assume you’ve already gone through the same process at some time in your life. All I can tell you is that so have I.

The documentation that you cut and pasted from other documents or a document that you have or that you sourced still say exactly the same thing: there’s three options here either a 30 days, or they cannot fix the vehicle, or the vehicles has been back to the dealership multiple times for the same issue without a solution being found.

So your options in that situation are either a) Ford fixes the vehicle; b) Ford replaces the vehicle; or c) Ford buys the car back in which situation they usually try to look at reduction of value based on miles before the issue occurred which is something that you have to negotiate with and if you disagree, then you go grab a lawyer and you go to court and try to fight them for what you believe your car is worth.

In the situation, with this particular car, they have a fix for his vehicle, so option (a) is the solution that Ford will go with. Unless a replacement engine cannot be sourced in a fast enough time frame, he is fine here.

On the point replacement, (b) Ford has no replacement 350s. And like I said before, trust me, I know.

If you cannot do ( a) Or (b) then you’re left with (c) a buyback.

So I’m really not sure why you’re posting all of that information because I literally said all of that in my posts, as well as also post a link to California lemon law.

Last edited:

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350

I had an F150 in 1989 that I bought brand new. It was my first new truck. It had more problems than a math book . I used a lemon law attorney named Mark Anderson. He was great
Ford gave me a brand new 1991 F150 that I put over 200,000 miles on.
Good Luck
Sponsored