Another 2020 engine failure

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's been over 30 days you could invoke the lemon law if you don't want the car anymore.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yeah man this story is fake now move along.
Ahhh… you’re funny.

You post a thread with a pic of the engine with cam covers removed and label the engine a POS, but can’t request a pic of the cam covers with sig.

You appear to be unawares of a recent TSB associated with a tensioner fix, and commonly, one builder is associated with the tensioner failure more so than any other.

The community reaches out to help you… in return, the community asks one tidbit of info from you to see if your failure is a commonality issue and you get spoiled all the sudden.

I hate your engine failed, but being a douche about people trying to learn from your mishap while you ask and get benefits seems a little bit shady.

Good luck… sad thing is, your failure possibly could’ve been prevented if you’d checked on the TSB. Sad…

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s a little harsh. I wouldn’t post up a builders name either. There’s absolutely no proof that person did anything wrong. And the rest is just being a …….. There’s so much info out there about engine replacements that another thread isn’t going to add squat as for what to do or how its handled. But in fairness, I’d be upset it happened as well, but I wouldn’t call the car a pos. Mechanical shxt breaks, new, old, and in between.

Ahhh… you’re funny.

You post a thread with a pic of the engine with cam covers removed and label the engine a POS, but can’t request a pic of the cam covers with sig.

You appear to be unawares of a recent TSB associated with a tensioner fix, and commonly, one builder is associated with the tensioner failure more so than any other.

The community reaches out to help you… in return, the community asks one tidbit of info from you to see if your failure is a commonality issue and you get spoiled all the sudden.

I hate your engine failed, but being a douche about people trying to learn from your mishap while you ask and get benefits seems a little bit shady.

Good luck… sad thing is, your failure possibly could’ve been prevented if you’d checked on the TSB. Sad…

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
2019 VooDoo built by Adam Steir with now 30,000 miles and still going strong..................... Thanks Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to hear about any fellow GT350 owner losing their VooDoo.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
That’s a little harsh. I wouldn’t post up a builders name either. There’s absolutely no proof that person did anything wrong. And the rest is just being a …….. There’s so much info out there about engine replacements that another thread isn’t going to add squat as for what to do or how its handled.
Exactly, like who cares its not going to change anything, my dealership is a 2 hour drive there and back. It is not normal to let customers in the service bay while their car gets serviced.

Also OP had already discussed the TSB situation and said that his VIN # didn't show up. There was only 1 person who believed that their chain was affected but was not part of the recall list, and the dealership wouldn't replace the chain. Everyone who had that engine builder had their VIN # show up in the TSB Recall. I'd imagine it had to with a set of parts because the new chain that was replaced is not the same as the stock one.

I hate how people bash those that come here to post about their engine failure and get triggered when the OP is mad as if they would be perfectly okay with their engine blowing up in their GT350 when it was new, like lets be real now. If mine blew I wouldn't even bother posting it here because of the reactions I have seen, and people wonder why there is no solid database of engine failures lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, like who cares its not going to change anything, my dealership is a 2 hour drive there and back. It is not normal to let customers in the service bay while their car gets serviced.

Also OP had already discussed the TSB situation and said that his VIN # didn't show up. There was only 1 person who believed that their chain was affected but was not part of the recall list. Everyone that who had that engine builder had their VIN # show up in the TSB Recall. I'd imagine it had to with a set of parts because the new chain that was replaced is not the same as the stock one.

I hate how people bash those that come here to post about their engine failure and get triggered when the OP is mad as if they would be perfectly okay with their engine blowing up in their GT350 when it was new, like lets be real now. If mine blew I wouldn't even bother posting it here because of the reactions I have seen, and people wonder why there is no solid database of engine failures lol.
Interesting… we saw a 2019, IIRC, with a tensioner… also, almost everyone that went to the tensioner thread put eyes on the issue rather than rely on awareness from the app or the mail.

I didn’t bash the OP, he chose to come here and make this his first thread with 16 posts since that.

Obviously, his aim wasn’t to contribute to the community but rather to inflame it with a “2020 engine failure”. He has no street cred here and the community has helped him.

And, you can say what you like… the tensioner issue had a high frequency common denominator. If it wasn’t public info, the builders’ names shouldn’t have been put on the engine.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Also OP had already discussed the TSB situation and said that his VIN # didn't show up. There was only 1 person who believed that their chain was affected but was not part of the recall list. Everyone that who had that engine builder had their VIN # show up in the TSB Recall. I'd imagine it had to with a set of parts because the new chain that was replaced is not the same as the stock one.

I don't think anyone is attacking anyone. The fact is that there haven't really been any 20s that we have heard of blowing up that werent' att5ributed (or at least they were on the list) to the tensioner activation issue. It's really all we have to go one but the OP hasn't been able to provide anything, really.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP - any pics of your car? (I mean just general pics)

OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
OP - any pics of your car? (I mean just general pics)
I guess if it will make you guys feel any better I'll post pics of my car. Like the other guy mentioned, I have no street cred here, only reason I came to this forum was because my 2020 went out and I wanted it to be known that it's happening even to the latest year. I bought a 2020 thinking I was safe from all the previous issues with the voodoo but that wasn't the case.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I can’t argue with that strictly from that perspective. I’m just giving the op the benefit of the doubt. Personally, if your really pissed about the cars mechanical failure and the lemon side is available, get rid of the car and move on. There won’t be a shortage of people willing to purchase a 350 even with the motor replaced. As for the engine builder and he being somehow at fault for the tensioner, I highly doubt it. Ford isn’t putting out a service bulletin for that in that situation. As for outing, thats the tactic of the groups running around with masks on,,,,,.

Interesting… we saw a 2019, IIRC, with a tensioner… also, almost everyone that went to the tensioner thread put eyes on the issue rather than rely on awareness from the app or the mail.

I didn’t bash the OP, he chose to come here and make this his first thread with 16 posts since that.

Obviously, his aim wasn’t to contribute to the community but rather to inflame it with a “2020 engine failure”. He has no street cred here and the community has helped him.

And, you can say what you like… the tensioner issue had a high frequency common denominator. If it wasn’t public info, the builders’ names shouldn’t have been put on the engine.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I get it, but this forum is probably at the top of the heap when it comes to its members being on top of all things Shelby 350. Lol

I guess if it will make you guys feel any better I'll post pics of my car. Like the other guy mentioned, I have no street cred here, only reason I came to this forum was because my 2020 went out and I wanted it to be known that it's happening even to the latest year. I bought a 2020 thinking I was safe from all the previous issues with the voodoo but that wasn't the case.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
No dog in this fight but I can’t believe people would think someone would post about a car they don’t own. Super weird accusation or suggestion. The vibe it sends to the casual reader is that some owners are sensitive about the perception that GT350’s have chronic engine issues and are trying to keep it a secret.

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s nothing wrong with that. We’re here to help, which we have. The tensioner TSB was big, and yes it possibly could be the very reason for your engine’s failure.

There are two ways to possibly find out… have the service department see if the tensioners are engaged, and second, find the builder’s names which could narrow down the issue.

It’s frustrating to hear you call the engine a POS right off the bat without even knowing the status of a major threat to your engine.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No dog in this fight but I can’t believe people would think someone would post about a car they don’t own. Super weird accusation or suggestion. The vibe it sends to the casual reader is that some owners are super sensitive about the perception that GT350’s have chronic engine issues and are trying to keep it a secret.
Did I miss where this was suggested? I hope you didn’t conjure that hypothesis based on me asking for pics of the car?
Sponsored