Sponsored

2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
This seems like a good place to ask my somewhat random question -- Does the '22 Mach 1 avoid the gas guzzler tax by some chance?

I ask because I could swear that the Ford online configurator used to show the tax during the build process as one of the line items for the price for 2021MY, but I don't see it now.
Sponsored

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
This seems like a good place to ask my somewhat random question -- Does the '22 Mach 1 avoid the gas guzzler tax by some chance?

I ask because I could swear that the Ford online configurator used to show the tax during the build process as one of the line items for the price for 2021MY, but I don't see it now.
Are you on manual? yes there is a tax. So expect one but if you dont get one, dont ask questions

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

No, the M1 does not avoid it. I paid $1000 in gas guzzler tax. The MPG ratings of the M1 are too low to miss paying the tax in 2022.

Last edited:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

Manual has a GasGuzzler, A10 doesnā€™t.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not to be a downer but the pain doesn't end post production. Vehicle has been sitting for weeks at a destination railyard just 30 minutes from the dealership, hope it doesnt turn into months like I saw several pages back. No updates from anyone. My guess is that there's a lack of truckers. The more you check it's like the longer things take.

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Not to be a downer but the pain doesn't end post production. Vehicle has been sitting for weeks at a destination railyard just 30 minutes from the dealership, hope it doesnt turn into months like I saw several pages back. No updates from anyone. My guess is that there's a lack of truckers. The more you check it's like the longer things take.
Yeah, I get that the anticipation of waiting for delivery after all the other waiting must get tiring, but I wish I could be in that position! At least your car is built and you donā€™t have to worry about it getting canceled or anything, thatā€™s a luxury I unfortunately do not have. I say this now, but I can imagine in the future if Iā€™m in the same position as you I will also start to complain about it haha.

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
Ford sent me a build week of 7/25 a few days ago.
Anthony from Ford Performance just gave me a build day of 7/27.
Does that really mean it will be built on that day?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Nice! Widebody is the only way to go!
Thank you for removing the dang yellow shipping protectors!!!
The truth right here! I can't stand seeing people who leave that stupid front fender protector. The only car I saw it still attached to that I didn't mind had some other yellow extras added to the exterior so it didn't make it look completely hideous.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Ford sent me a build week of 7/25 a few days ago.
Anthony from Ford Performance just gave me a build day of 7/27.
Does that really mean it will be built on that day?
Not necessarily, I have had a build day change as well. Hopefully it will this time.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they were installing the rest of parts this afternoon and picking it up tomorrow afternoon
I'll round up the brass band and confetti gun and some local Paparazzi if you want.

You remind me of @Mikepol2's experience from last year.
I'm not graphing order pain again this year - plus it seems not as exciting as last year's gyrations.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Are you on manual? yes there is a tax. So expect one but if you dont get one, dont ask questions
No, the M1 does not avoid it. I paid $1000 in gas guzzler tax. The MPG ratings of the M1 are too low to miss paying the tax in 2022.
Manual has a GasGuzzler, A10 doesnā€™t.
Thanks for the info. Are you guys seeing the same thing I'm seeing online? Is the guzzler tax not showing up on the online configurator? Or is it just hidden?

I assume we'd see it on people's window stickers at least (and I haven't seen any stickers for the '22MY).

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Are you guys seeing the same thing I'm seeing online? Is the guzzler tax not showing up on the online configurator? Or is it just hidden?

I assume we'd see it on people's window stickers at least (and I haven't seen any stickers for the '22MY).
The $1000 Guzzler tax is on my DORA from February

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
manual has the gas guzzler tax

Window.jpg

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
trust us the gas guzzler tax applies to the M6 Tremec cars. it doesn't matter if it shows up in the configurator or not.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Are you guys seeing the same thing I'm seeing online? Is the guzzler tax not showing up on the online configurator?
Three possible reasons why one won't see it on the configurator:

1) the M1 automatic is not subject to the tax while the manual is
2) well, it IS the Ford configurator
3) it's not a Mustang option, but a federal tax
Sponsored

Last edited: