2023 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

The Kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
96 F250 7.3L; 16 2500HD Duramax; 06 F350 6.0L
If mine shows up with the wrong seats, call me when they come in and I’ll finish up the paperwork with you then. Good grief.
My new car delivery was ok. Picked up my Mach 1 HP Premium from Granger but noted during delivery that Ford put the wrong Recaro seats in. Offered to leave car and come get later but was assured a local Ford dealer could/would assist with correcting the mis-build. Once home called a number of dealers and they all told me to basically pound sand and work with selling dealer to get corrected. Still waiting on a solid/good update as to when I'll be getting the leather Recaro's I had ordered. A bit frustrating to have this happen on the one and only car I've ever custom ordered.
Quick update is that Ford's customer service stinks. Original response from Ford was that it was a "window sticker" issue. Had to push back via Granger Motors and Ford now says "it's a larger issue" they need to look into. 3 months later still missing the seats I ordered/paid for.
Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Quick update is that Ford's customer service stinks. Original response from Ford was that it was a "window sticker" issue. Had to push back via Granger Motors and Ford now says "it's a larger issue" they need to look into. 3 months later still missing the seats I ordered/paid for.
I'd push Granger and maybe ask them if they'll reimburse you for a Katzkin purchase.

The Kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'd push Granger and maybe ask them if they'll reimburse you for a Katzkin purchase.
I tried requesting this and Granger said it was a no go and that I have to wait for Ford to send the leather Recaro seat covers, which I then have to get installed and reimbursed for. Ford's whole mis-build claim process is a complete crap show based upon my experience so far.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Question: Why did you buy the car if it was wrong? Or take delivery before things were corrected?

The Kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Question: Why did you buy the car if it was wrong? Or take delivery before things were corrected?
Fair questions....I took delivery of the car as only the seats were incorrect when compared to what I had ordered. I figured it was an easy enough fix, especially after the dealer and I spoke about the mis-build process and how it's basically a warranty claim with Ford. Not taking delivery wasn't really an option as Granger had no place to store it inside. I wasn't too keen on letting it sit outside in a back lot somewhere as I used to be a lot jockey for a dealership years back and saw first hand what happens to cars just sitting around waiting.

Sponsored

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Fair questions....I took delivery of the car as only the seats were incorrect when compared to what I had ordered. I figured it was an easy enough fix, especially after the dealer and I spoke about the mis-build process and how it's basically a warranty claim with Ford. Not taking delivery wasn't really an option as Granger had no place to store it inside. I wasn't too keen on letting it sit outside in a back lot somewhere as I used to be a lot jockey for a dealership years back and saw first hand what happens to cars just sitting around waiting.
I wouldn’t have done that but good luck to you.

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
Did they put the cloth park bench seats in there or do you have the regular leather seats? Can they just refund the money on that option alone?

sounds like a learning experience, spend a couple extra bucks to the local guy rather then sending money all around the country to get screwed out of

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Someone linked me to your post about getting the wrong seats. I picked up my car from Granger on 4/28 and it had leather Recaro seats when I had ordered cloth (since I didn't order a premium). My build date was close to yours as well. I think we know what happened now. How far are you from Granger?

The Kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Someone linked me to your post about getting the wrong seats. I picked up my car from Granger on 4/28 and it had leather Recaro seats when I had ordered cloth (since I didn't order a premium). My build date was close to yours as well. I think we know what happened now. How far are you from Granger?
Just flipped you a message. Thanks for reaching out.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Do you think they sold you each other’s car?

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Do you think they sold you each other’s car?
No, we talked and his car is DMG and mine is White. They just put the wrong seats in both cars. Someone had told me in my case that Ford was substituting leather in cars when they were out of cloth. Considering we had the same original build week I'm skeptical.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
No, we talked and his car is DMG and mine is White. They just put the wrong seats in both cars. Someone had told me in my case that Ford was substituting leather in cars when they were out of cloth. Considering we had the same original build week I'm skeptical.
So are your rear seats leather or the cloth like you ordered? Just curious

The Kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Did they put the cloth park bench seats in there or do you have the regular leather seats? Can they just refund the money on that option alone?

sounds like a learning experience, spend a couple extra bucks to the local guy rather then sending money all around the country to get screwed out of
I have leather in the rear and cloth Recaro's in the front. Getting my money back was shot down by the dealer.

I tried buying local, but that wasn't an option due to availability, dealer markup and/or inept dealerships giving me bad info when inquiring about ordering a 2023 Mach 1 w/ HP.

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
I have leather in the rear and cloth Recaro's in the front. Getting my money back was shot down by the dealer.

I tried buying local, but that wasn't an option due to availability, dealer markup and/or inept dealerships giving me bad info when inquiring about ordering a 2023 Mach 1 w/ HP.
3 percent under invoice = 5000 under msrp. More than a couple of bucks. I was at my local dealer last month. He said several of the people who ordered 23 mach 1's didn't get there cars. They are now waiting for Dark Horse cars.
Sponsored