Wonder what the logs look like running good octane boost with 93 gas

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
In CA we only have access to 91. I run a Boostane shot with every tank, just to make sure I get into the fun band. :)

I love the tune.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had the Procal device connected to my PC last night to grab some data logs off it. I got this message popup:
20230508_214225.jpg

Then another that said something about a "new strategy". In the end the Performance Cal still had the same code and as far as I can tell, it didn't download a new tune. So, what's that about? Did they update for the latest models?

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Well i install the performance calibration so far i have noticed better throttle response but that's it also i only put about 45 miles it so i will give it some time for the KAM to readjust

Sponsored

DevereIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT/CS Premium, B&O, A/E
Has anyone here just taken the intake parts, ditched the ProCal, and had it 3rd party tuned? Like with Lund or PBD?

I currently run the Roush CAI, Corsa Long Tubes and H-H catback, Lund tuned and it runs like a banshee. But I love the Stock Mach 1/GT350 look of the FRPP CAI over the Roush's big "flying saucer" lid in the engine bay.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
That's what was going to do then i picked up a new performance calibration kit for $600 it might not be the best tune but it Definitely made a difference in a good way..

20230510_121831.jpg

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone here just taken the intake parts, ditched the ProCal, and had it 3rd party tuned? Like with Lund or PBD?

I currently run the Roush CAI, Corsa Long Tubes and H-H catback, Lund tuned and it runs like a banshee. But I love the Stock Mach 1/GT350 look of the FRPP CAI over the Roush's big "flying saucer" lid in the engine bay.
Yes.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Yeah people have done that, although from what I have heard, tuning for the 87mm throttle body is challenging as far as drivability.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's what was going to do then i picked up a new performance calibration kit for $600 it might not be the best tune but it Definitely made a difference in a good way..

20230510_121831.jpg
Do you have an auto? Looks very clean

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks ..Yes i have a 2019 GT automatic
Yeah the gains aren't as noticeable with the auto. With that said, my car definitely woke up after a few hundred miles. Once it learns the fuel trims and baseline spark corrections you'll be able to tell.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well guys it's with great disappointment that I will be removing the kit off my car. My engine is just making so many bad noises right now that I need to return to stock and find out WTF is going on. Only 15000km on it. The car drives and pulls great, the data logs don't really point to anything definite. Oil analysis said there were no metals. I've ran it with octane boost and no improvement. This rod knock noise is driving me bat shit crazy and I can't take it anymore.

It's doing it under load at part throttle on flat ground now. It's also happening in 4th just cruising and applying light throttle. I can hear it as the RPMs increase then the noise is gone. It happens anywhere up until the RPMs are above 3K. I've got the ratcheting exahust solenoid noise on deceleration. At idle it's clanking like it has a bad lifter or I've got a diesel under the hood. I can hear it from across the street.

Once returning to stock, I'm going to see if the noises go away. My guess is not and I will need to have Ford diagnose it. I'm not going to mention the tune and just see what happens. I don't want them touching my car but I don't really have any other choice. Maybe I should just keep driving until it goes boom, but as it is now, it's too embarrassing to drive the way it is now.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well guys it's with great disappointment that I will be removing the kit off my car. My engine is just making so many bad noises right now that I need to return to stock and find out WTF is going on. Only 15000km on it. The car drives and pulls great, the data logs don't really point to anything definite. Oil analysis said there were no metals. I've ran it with octane boost and no improvement. This rod knock noise is driving me bat shit crazy and I can't take it anymore.

It's doing it under load at part throttle on flat ground now. It's also happening in 4th just cruising and applying light throttle. I can hear it as the RPMs increase then the noise is gone. It happens anywhere up until the RPMs are above 3K. I've got the ratcheting exahust solenoid noise on deceleration. At idle it's clanking like it has a bad lifter or I've got a diesel under the hood. I can hear it from across the street.

Once returning to stock, I'm going to see if the noises go away. My guess is not and I will need to have Ford diagnose it. I'm not going to mention the tune and just see what happens. I don't want them touching my car but I don't really have any other choice. Maybe I should just keep driving until it goes boom, but as it is now, it's too embarrassing to drive the way it is now.
You may have an underlying mechanical problem at this point. Especially if the noises are getting worse. Could just be something simple like a bad phaser though.

Record all of this stuff before you take it off and then compare it to stock.
Sponsored