Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

jawalsh2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 GT
Is there a difference in the GT350 CAI airbox between 2015-17 and 18 after model years? The upper seal is different but is the rest identical? Top image is a Mach 1 and bottom image a GT350.

1680637478990.png

1680637491005.png
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there a difference in the GT350 CAI airbox between 2015-17 and 18 after model years? The upper seal is different but is the rest identical? Top image is a Mach 1 and bottom image a GT350.

1680637478990.png

1680637491005.png
Yes, others have stated there are slight differences from the airbox in this kit and earlier GT350's and the Mach 1 airbox. I think it has more to do with where the hood vents are placed on the respective vehicle than for any other actually important reason however.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Had a DTC code P160A pop up after changing my tire size (went from stock PP1 wheels to 285 R19 35 squared) using the the Procal 4 device that came with my FRPP Power Pack II. Is this normal, can it be cleared?

Thanks

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Had a DTC code P160A pop up after changing my tire size (went from stock PP1 wheels to 285 R19 35 squared) using the the Procal 4 device that came with my FRPP Power Pack II. Is this normal, can it be cleared?

Thanks

You can try and clear it and see if it comes back. Did you try and reset the value for the PP1? I changed mine due to the 4.09 gear install and the 305/35/19 tires. Which just .3". Going from a 275/40/19 to a 285/35/19 is .8" in diameter.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
You can try and clear it and see if it comes back. Did you try and reset the value for the PP1? I changed mine due to the 4.09 gear install and the 305/35/19 tires. Which just .3". Going from a 275/40/19 to a 285/35/19 is .8" in diameter.
Cleared the code and it hasn't come back up after a few short drives. Car drives fine & speedo is accurate.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cleared the code and it hasn't come back up after a few short drives. Car drives fine & speedo is accurate.

Good news...I got some codes when I did the 4.09's. Once I cleared it they didn't come back.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, I installed it, and to say I'm livid would be an understatement. For starters, the fitment sucked on my car. Okay, can work around that. Fitment over the throttle body was better after driving around. But when I tried to flash my performance tune the first time, it literally failed right out of the gate and had to use the ECU recovery feature, which didn't work either until I took off my battery charger and reset the car. Thank fuck that it worked after that. But the main issue now is that the drivability is awful, the throttle feels dead unless you go 50%. It feels like it has less torque than stock, not more. The power is super peaky, if you floor it it will do something and feels like it has decent power, but the bottom 50% of the scale just isn't working right. I did some data logging and my fuel trims are terrible now, over 10% on both banks which likely has something to do with it. I checked carefully for vacuum leaks but can't find any (and the vacuum gauge in the car shows over 19 at hot idle which is 100% normal). Tried cleaning the new MAF, no change.

I'm very tempted to just go back to stock and throw my $1200 in the trash, lol. But now I'm even terrified to flash again after that miserable experience. For reference, I had logged literally days before installing this kit and my LTFTs on both banks were -2%, so to go up over 10% is massive.

Screenshot_20230412_010546_FORScan Lite.jpg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Perhaps it still doesn't have the new tune on it? Did you verify?

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The procal is trash, especially when compared to other devices. I've had it fail to flash a few times but it eventually gets it done.

I would try flashing it again, clear any codes, and manually reset the kam.

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Well, I installed it, and to say I'm livid would be an understatement. For starters, the fitment sucked on my car. Okay, can work around that. Fitment over the throttle body was better after driving around. But when I tried to flash my performance tune the first time, it literally failed right out of the gate and had to use the ECU recovery feature, which didn't work either until I took off my battery charger and reset the car. Thank fuck that it worked after that. But the main issue now is that the drivability is awful, the throttle feels dead unless you go 50%. It feels like it has less torque than stock, not more. The power is super peaky, if you floor it it will do something and feels like it has decent power, but the bottom 50% of the scale just isn't working right. I did some data logging and my fuel trims are terrible now, over 10% on both banks which likely has something to do with it. I checked carefully for vacuum leaks but can't find any (and the vacuum gauge in the car shows over 19 at hot idle which is 100% normal). Tried cleaning the new MAF, no change.

I'm very tempted to just go back to stock and throw my $1200 in the trash, lol. But now I'm even terrified to flash again after that miserable experience. For reference, I had logged literally days before installing this kit and my LTFTs on both banks were -2%, so to go up over 10% is massive.

Chin up Ryan, and keep the faith! Has to be something with the flash/tune as I have the kit on my 2020 GT and really enjoy it. Worse case, take it to a dealer that has installed them and have them resolve. Best of luck man!!

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Something is not right. The tune was better in every way. Double check everything.
I did the kam reset right after I flashed the performance tune onto the car. Never had a problem.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Something is a miss. I don't know what but something isn't right. I was an early adopter and have had no issues for almost 3 yrs. When my 4.09 gears got installed, the installer thought he had to reflash the FPtune and it bricked my ECU as he didn't put it on a charger and the car had been sitting for over a week. A Ford dealer which had a mobile service had to come and reset the ECU. I agree though is that the ProCal is archaic. For the LTFT are you sure there isn't any unwanted airflow into the throttle body?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for the input guys. The only thing I can think of is that I used a brand new throttle body gasket, it's possible an edge rolled or it got out of place. But if it's not that, I have no clue. I even did the propane test and didn't see any change, but maybe I just didn't hit the right spot.

I'll revisit this on Saturday and see what I find, but if I can't fix it then back to stock it goes. What really confused me is that even if there's a leak it's in the correctable range, but low end torque was still completely absent. Clutching out at idle barely moved the car when before it had no issue jumping forward..

I also changed plugs before I installed, but since I have no codes or misfires I doubt that has any relation. Car still runs good, it's just got the horrible drivability lol

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input guys. The only thing I can think of is that I used a brand new throttle body gasket, it's possible an edge rolled or it got out of place. But if it's not that, I have no clue. I even did the propane test and didn't see any change, but maybe I just didn't hit the right spot.

I'll revisit this on Saturday and see what I find, but if I can't fix it then back to stock it goes. What really confused me is that even if there's a leak it's in the correctable range, but low end torque was still completely absent. Clutching out at idle barely moved the car when before it had no issue jumping forward..

I also changed plugs before I installed, but since I have no codes or misfires I doubt that has any relation. Car still runs good, it's just got the horrible drivability lol

The only other thing I can think of is there something wrong with the electronics with a throttle body you may have just got a bad throttle body

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The only other thing I can think of is there something wrong with the electronics with a throttle body you may have just got a bad throttle body
Hopefully it's not a faulty throttle or maf, because I have a feeling ford performance will jerk me around on sending me new parts that are expensive lol

Can anyone with the kit take a picture of the top of the throttle body adapter where it meets the intake? I wanna see if it's supposed to have the gasket visible or not. If not then that's probably my issue, new gaskets don't stick in place nearly as well as the old smooshed one
Sponsored