Would You Buy It Again?

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
I have had mine since Memorial Day. I would definitely buy it again if I was doing it over. I have owned several Mustangs throughout time, and this one definitely puts the biggest grin on my face.
Sponsored

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
5500 miles, 5 months. I absolutely love my car! I was torn between getting a fully loaded Ecoboost or getting a bone stock GT. As a 20 yr old I felt the Ecoboost was just a much better decision in the long run. No regrets what so ever, I love my murdered stang!

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Damn, wish I was 24 again :D Been there, done that. Before I went to Vietnam for the second time, I reeeeealy wanted a 1969 Mustang GT.
BTW, I hope the Army gives you a place to Live than your Mustang and you can afford a car to Love. Don't forget, the price of admission includes the cost of insurance and whole bunch of other stuff. My bet is the Hellcat discounts are because it isn't selling well.
IMHO, you have made a better choice in buying the Mustang. Not sure about the Airborne stuff though :headbonk:
I'm kidding :) Thanks for your service. :usa:
Thanks. And thank you for your service. Ya no more of the Army telling me wear to live. I was just medical retired after getting wounded on my 3rd Deployment to Afghanistan.
Airborn Infantryman for life
I definitely understand the game of car . This is my 6th "preformince car" have had one from all the big 3. (04 mustang GT, 06 GTO, 06 charger SRT8, 10 camaro SS, 15 Mustang GT. And the mazdaspeed3 but we can forget about that one) and that's just cars. Don't get me started on Trucks.

As for the hellcat not selling. It's actually the opposite they can not keep up at all with the demand a took way more then they could even produce so they are having to cancel orders. And now woth the Jeep Hellcat about to drop it's going to just get worse

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If I could do it again I may have gone with something cheaper. I can absolutely afford this car, but it's the nicest car I've ever owned by far and I fuss over it more than I should. I have a daily driver I take out a lot more. But then if I bought an older car, it'd have a lot more problems from age and mileage and it wouldn't be as nice. So I guess I'll just keep this one. :D

Sponsored

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Yes, I'd buy again.

I was so close to going the 350 route, but I'm glad I kept myself in check. I could get a 350 and I'd love the hell out of it, but I wouldn't want to mod that car and of course it'd be more money. I dunno... I got married and my priorities changed. I decided I'd get a cheaper mustang and mod it to my liking, rather than just get a 350 and be done.

I was the same way in my 2012 Boss 302... didn't want to mod it as it was a special car.

So, anyway, yes I'd keep my stang the exact same except maaaaybe add the PP... but honestly, I'd ditch most of those parts anyway. Race Red, manual, premium w/ navigation, 401A, and reverse sensing system.

Freaking happy as hell every day I walk up to it to drive it.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Due to my circumstances, yes I would definitely buy it again.

I had a 14 that was in a major accident and I was just casually looking at 15s while getting an oil change...long story short they made me a trade in offer I couldn't refuse. If my 14 wouldn't have been in that accident I probably would've held out for a GT350, hellcat, or V but I was offered more than my 14 was worth (found the guy who bought it for 2k less than what they gave me). That being said, I can't believe the bargain you get with these cars. I opted for the PP and Recaros and am amazed how much better it is than my 14 premium. The handling, acceleration, IRS, and brakes are phenomenal. I don't miss the leather at all (thanks Recaro) and truth be told, I would love the touch screen/nav but didn't want anything else the premium pkg offered. This car puts a huge smile on my face each day when I fire it up thanks to the Roush AB (stock was atrocious). Something else I have noticed with this car is that other than the stock exhaust there is nothing I really dislike. I of course have my list of little things I would like to have as options (digital speedo, rear brembos, HUD, active exhaust) but definitely nothing that I need or isn't easily added. This is the third performance car I have had and is the first one I can envision myself keeping more than 3 years.
Note: 9k miles, almost 6 months of ownership.

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I don't think I would. I most likely would have saved my money and sprung for a Golf R just to have the power and the AWD here in the Northeast. I absolutely love the car, but having to drive it in the winter sucks. And that's just a personal experience from someone who can only afford one car. It's most definitely my own fault. If I could have a winter vehicle, I would probably go for the Stang again.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Sadly probably not. :( I know I know.

Don't get me wrong I live the car. Got one of the very first ones in early October 2014. At the time I was looking at a used gt500 or ZL1. I fell in love woth the look of the 15 mustang when looking at the car and drive magazine in Afghanistan and when I got to see it in person I just loved the looks.
I was able to by my car out right up front (which I think for a 24 year old it's pretty good) but then a good friend of mine got a challenge Hellcat. And I have loved the chargers for a long time ( had a 06 SRT8 ) when the Hellcat charger dropped and thear wear actually alot of dealership in San Antonio TX that had them with NO MARKUP. Realizing that I could of easily taken a out a lil loan on the remanding am out and make up that difference tok a hit on me and I have not been able to forget it. So right now I would probably get a charger Hellcat or the 2017 Raptor F150. But I'm already planning on getting the Raptor anyway so dose note really mater.

There are still a couple sitting here with ADM's, those MSRP deals went super fast. Im currently trying to talk my neighbor into buying one at the dodge dealer of 35N.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hmm, on the fence ...........

Power is great & it's fun to drive. I wish I'd ordered the 401a.

Body panel alignment issues are making me crazy & the dealer just can't get it right.
Then there is the vibration that starts @ 45mph. Now they want the car for an entire day to balance the tires - WTF ???

Maybe I'm just spoiled having been in Infiniti's for the last 20 years :shrug:. Knew I would not be getting the same level of quality or service, but thought it would be better than this.

1/2 of me is thinking I would have been better off looking for a good deal on a low mileage GTR.

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Might seriously consider a scat pack challenger. Probably would end up going with the mustang tho.
I own both. A 2015 GT convertible and a 2016 ScatPac. The Challenger is more satisfying and a beast. Only regret I have is that I didn't just get a Hellcat. When you start the ScatPac up the sound is great stock with no need to upgrade anything. The Mustang has the worst exhaust ever and I've owned a bunch of Mustangs. I still have yet to hear an S550 aftermarket exhaust I like.

The Mustang will probably be relegated to road trip duty and the Challenger will be the toy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Since it's by far my favorite Mustang to date, I'd wager I'd buy it again.

The only change would be color, I'd go Ingot Silver over Redline with the PP and the silver wheels since that combo is what I REALLY wanted but couldn't have for '15. Should have waited, but I love what I have too, darker and more sinister.

A GT350 would be the other choice, but I personally prefer the Premium GT interior over the snake's. (Yeah, I know, it's a track car, blah, blah, blah, but Ford should at least make premium-level door cards an option for those that want a little more than hard plastic, they don't weigh THAT much more.....)

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Nope.

Too big for the city. Everyplace I have to park it the car fits perfectly in the parking spots, as opposed to my Supra, 350Z or Scion TC, I know this will translate into door dings and scrapes in the front and back of the car.

I also really really hate how the exhaust system is all one piece, if I want to be able to install and uninstall something as simple as an axle back (I keep my cars for 2-3 years usually, so I convert back to stock when it is time to sell) I shouldn't have to take the car to someone to pay more to have weld on the stock muffler.

Soon as I pay it off it is being sold for a 2016 WRX.

The power is nice, but I just can't get too into these bigger American cars lol.
Don't do the WRX. I had a 15 WRX and they aren't very satisfying, Mustang is way better. Only difference between the 15 and 16 is the nav unit is much better in the 16.
You may be better off getting a new Focus RS.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
First time Mustang owner...I bought it for my wife and we absolutely love it after a year .. Nothing against the EB but I'm already thinking of upgrading to a GT at the end of the year....IF the numbers work out

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I own both. A 2015 GT convertible and a 2016 ScatPac. The Challenger is more satisfying and a beast. Only regret I have is that I didn't just get a Hellcat. When you start the ScatPac up the sound is great stock with no need to upgrade anything. The Mustang has the worst exhaust ever and I've owned a bunch of Mustangs. I still have yet to hear an S550 aftermarket exhaust I like.

The Mustang will probably be relegated to road trip duty and the Challenger will be the toy.
I really wanted a scat pack challenger, but since I went base PP mustang no dealers could even get me close to the same price. I am amazed how great they sound from the factory. Agreed on the stock mustang exhaust as well....horrible. The scats SRT pages/dash are pretty sweet too.
Sponsored