Would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Bocho96, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bocho96

Bocho96 New Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 civic si
    0   0   0
    Hi everyone,
    I'm in the market for a used Mustang GT. I like the 2018+, however I came across a 2015 that is pretty sweet. It has performance package, premium package, and recaros, plus a few aftermarket goodies. The price is much cheaper than the newer ones but it has 55k miles on it and is 5 years old. Not sure what to do, I've had problems with higher milage fords in the past (not that 55k is THAT much) and I'm the type of guy that if I go test drive it I'll probably come home with it lol. Should I be worried about the amount of miles? Is the 5.0 coyote reliable? Thanks!

2. GreenS550

GreenS550 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt K3107 Whipple 2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 Ruby Red
    Retired CFP with Edward Jones
    0   0   0
    I've had 2 mustang GTs (S197s) with high miles. 80K and 90K bought them used. One auto, one stick. They had zero issues for the year and a half I owned them. I put a blower on my 09 Bullitt at 45K miles and sold it with 60K miles with zero issues. SO, no problem. At those miles and year it should be in the very low $20s

3. OP
    OP
    Bocho96

Bocho96 New Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 civic si
    0   0   0
    Thanks Green, it's at a dealership listed for $23,178

4. Mikthehun1

Mikthehun1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mik
    Vehicle(s):
    19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
    Photography
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I'd be leery of the "aftermarket goodies" if they aren't cosmetic. I wouldn't buy anything that's modified. Who knows where or who did the install. People who mid also tend to ride the cars hard. 50k mikes isn't that much, if it's mostly highway, but how many were 1/4 miles?

5. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt, 2017 Raptor
    0   0   0
    I have had both a 16 and now 19, the 16 is very nice don’t get me wrong but my 19 just feels nicer.
    I am a huge fan of some of the tech (active exhaust, digital dash, magnaride) if those type of things don’t matter to you then by all means save the cash and get the 15-17 body.
    If the 18+ didn’t have that tech that I desperately wanted I would still be plenty happy with my 16.

ask yourself what the 18+ years have that 15-17 doesn’t and if it matters to you.

Bocho96 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Bocho96

Bocho96 New Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 civic si
    0   0   0
    Lol right! The aftermarket stuff is a rear spoiler and those triangle grill LED lights. I guess I'll just have to go check it out, take it for a drive, give it a good look and listen...

7. GreenS550

GreenS550 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt K3107 Whipple 2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 Ruby Red
    Retired CFP with Edward Jones
    0   0   0
    I would probably offer a couple thousand less than the asking price.

8. green97probe

green97probe Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Both my 2007 GT and 2010 GT were used one owner cars when I got them with 42K and 33K on them respectively.

Both were 100% stock and trouble free.

I looked at others and turned them done when I saw any modifications.

That's not to say all modified cars are abused. I just didn't want to take any chances.

9. Spork3245

Spork3245 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
    0   0   0
    I wouldn’t get a 15 based on it having MyFordTouch instead of Sync3 alone, but I’m a stickler.:champagne:

Bocho96 and vernonator like this.
  10. cbdallas

cbdallas Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost coupe
    0   0   0
    Ask if they can provide any service records for the evaporator core. If that hasn't been replaced, I'd walk.

11. onlyturbo

onlyturbo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rony
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
    Engineer
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Last year I bought a base model 2015 GT pp with recaros and I love it! It only had 17k miles, now I have almost 23k, car is solid. I did buy the extended warranty as well just in case.

Personally, I would welcome any modes and aftermarket components, will save money in a long run as most of us here like to mod our cars anyway...I would have no problem buying one with any mods! Just check it out good, bring it to a mustang mechanic if you are not sure on how to inspect it...the higher the mileage the lower the price...

12. Big Boss

Big Boss Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mazda6
    0   0   0
    Not trying to be a snob, but I would be very hesitant to buy a used performance car unless I knew the previous owner. You just never know how much that car has been beat on, but that is just me

13. tokuzumi

tokuzumi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2004 Escalade ESV
    0   0   0
    Check the Carfax to get a baseline to make sure it hasn't been wrecked. Also, have the vehicle inspected by an independent shop. If the vehicle checks out, and you can get the car at a price you are happy with, should be a great car.

14. nastang87xx

nastang87xx Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350 Track Pack
    0   0   0
    Considering the amount of posers that are out there, it's a deeper topic than just being a performance car.

15. crimsonshade

crimsonshade Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 ecoboost mustang, 1993 LX mustang 5.0
    0   0   0
    Maybe I am the odd person out but I would not walk away from a car just because someone "modded" it, assuming you like their mods, or for fear of how much might have been "beat on". If you go that route you will only ever own new cars fresh from the dealer. I say this because if you pay attention you will see just how much people beat on everything not just sports cars. I'm sure we have all seen the people that beat on fiestas, sonatas, taurus, cruzes, and about every other care that is out there. Have a good inspection done from someone that is knowledgeable and you trust. If it checks out, you like the car, and the deal is good then buy it. You will never know for certain how the car was treated for its whole life, even if you know the previous seller personally. Now if it is obvious someone didn't take care of it that is a different story, walk away.

Louk likes this.