Bocho96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
Hi everyone,
I'm in the market for a used Mustang GT. I like the 2018+, however I came across a 2015 that is pretty sweet. It has performance package, premium package, and recaros, plus a few aftermarket goodies. The price is much cheaper than the newer ones but it has 55k miles on it and is 5 years old. Not sure what to do, I've had problems with higher milage fords in the past (not that 55k is THAT much) and I'm the type of guy that if I go test drive it I'll probably come home with it lol. Should I be worried about the amount of miles? Is the 5.0 coyote reliable? Thanks!
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've had 2 mustang GTs (S197s) with high miles. 80K and 90K bought them used. One auto, one stick. They had zero issues for the year and a half I owned them. I put a blower on my 09 Bullitt at 45K miles and sold it with 60K miles with zero issues. SO, no problem. At those miles and year it should be in the very low $20s

OP
OP

Bocho96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
Thanks Green, it's at a dealership listed for $23,178

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I have had both a 16 and now 19, the 16 is very nice don’t get me wrong but my 19 just feels nicer.
I am a huge fan of some of the tech (active exhaust, digital dash, magnaride) if those type of things don’t matter to you then by all means save the cash and get the 15-17 body.
If the 18+ didn’t have that tech that I desperately wanted I would still be plenty happy with my 16.

ask yourself what the 18+ years have that 15-17 doesn’t and if it matters to you.

OP
OP

Bocho96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
Lol right! The aftermarket stuff is a rear spoiler and those triangle grill LED lights. I guess I'll just have to go check it out, take it for a drive, give it a good look and listen...

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I would probably offer a couple thousand less than the asking price.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Both my 2007 GT and 2010 GT were used one owner cars when I got them with 42K and 33K on them respectively.

Both were 100% stock and trouble free.

I looked at others and turned them done when I saw any modifications.

That's not to say all modified cars are abused. I just didn't want to take any chances.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I wouldn’t get a 15 based on it having MyFordTouch instead of Sync3 alone, but I’m a stickler.:champagne:

Deleted member 35644

Ask if they can provide any service records for the evaporator core. If that hasn't been replaced, I'd walk.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Last year I bought a base model 2015 GT pp with recaros and I love it! It only had 17k miles, now I have almost 23k, car is solid. I did buy the extended warranty as well just in case.

Personally, I would welcome any modes and aftermarket components, will save money in a long run as most of us here like to mod our cars anyway...I would have no problem buying one with any mods! Just check it out good, bring it to a mustang mechanic if you are not sure on how to inspect it...the higher the mileage the lower the price...

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Not trying to be a snob, but I would be very hesitant to buy a used performance car unless I knew the previous owner. You just never know how much that car has been beat on, but that is just me

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Check the Carfax to get a baseline to make sure it hasn't been wrecked. Also, have the vehicle inspected by an independent shop. If the vehicle checks out, and you can get the car at a price you are happy with, should be a great car.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not trying to be a snob, but I would be very hesitant to buy a used performance car unless I knew the previous owner. You just never know how much that car has been beat on, but that is just me
Considering the amount of posers that are out there, it's a deeper topic than just being a performance car.

crimsonshade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang, 1993 LX mustang 5.0
Maybe I am the odd person out but I would not walk away from a car just because someone "modded" it, assuming you like their mods, or for fear of how much might have been "beat on". If you go that route you will only ever own new cars fresh from the dealer. I say this because if you pay attention you will see just how much people beat on everything not just sports cars. I'm sure we have all seen the people that beat on fiestas, sonatas, taurus, cruzes, and about every other care that is out there. Have a good inspection done from someone that is knowledgeable and you trust. If it checks out, you like the car, and the deal is good then buy it. You will never know for certain how the car was treated for its whole life, even if you know the previous seller personally. Now if it is obvious someone didn't take care of it that is a different story, walk away.

Gasman67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can anyone help with where to purchase the triangle grill led lights??

thanks
Sponsored