The "how to disable the data link to Ford" thread

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Ohh ok, my bad. I will delete the app today & try again. Thank you!
Wait, non so fast!
There is a reason I put the list in that order, and that's because the FordPass app:
  1. It's the easiest way to disconnect the Mustang from the FordPass account.
  2. It's the easiest way to delete your FordPass account, you can also do that by writing to the customer service but it in the mobile app there is a button to request the deletion.
Now one last question. To do a master reset do I just unplug the battery on the vehicle for 10-15 minutes? Or is it something I do through the screen menu? Thank you!
You have to do it from the Sync menu. It's in settings if I'm not wrong.
Before doing a Master reset:
  1. Delete any paired Bluetooth device (I recommend from the paired device also).
  2. Delete any Apple/Android device used for screen mirroring.
It will take a few minutes and then you have to reconfigure the Sync.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How many, all upset here have facebook accounts? Now wasting a bunch of time thinking about this.

1 Location, drivers cannot live without the NAV,
2 remote ctr, back to old school, manual door unlock press button on fob.
3 Vech data tire pressure, oil life, car locked.

4 Ins related, forget that! that's locked down for accident forensics.

The only thing I'm sort of interested in. What to turn off to prevent the car from going into hibernation.

2 reasons: Recently purchased a battery monitor.
1 Car defaulted to hibernation even with a trickle charger connected.
2 After the installation of the monitor, I found the battery had a 40% charge

Reconnection the charger 8 hours later 100%, charger auto defaults to trickle mode.

As it stands now I am interested to find out how long it will take for the hibernation to take place.

My current thoughts are, trickle charge cannot maintain a 90 or 100% charge level.

With the Mustang, the current draw is too great. And an owner will need to keep an eye on things.

Not a big deal just to know. What it means is when the owner gets the FordPass alert.

Time to unplug or turn off the charger. Reconnect so it can top off the battery.

Trickel charges are not as smart as some may believe. Once in the trickle mode, it does not have an auto threshold to rest to the charge mode and cycle in and out as needed.

So turning off the FordPass is not such a good idea. At least an owner gets the alert the battery is @ 40% and can react.

Not a fanatic about battery life. What is important in the digital world? It is important that the power be constant.

Yes, turn on and off the ing to get out of hibernation.

Well ok but then turn right around and start the car with 40% of the power to run all electronic, hardware (starter) is stressing the system, and shit can get scrambled.

We all have read posts about unusual events taking place with faulty batteries. And at 40% of the output from a power supply is marginal at best.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Wait, non so fast!
There is a reason I put the list in that order, and that's because the FordPass app:
  1. It's the easiest way to disconnect the Mustang from the FordPass account.
  2. It's the easiest way to delete your FordPass account, you can also do that by writing to the customer service but it in the mobile app there is a button to request the deletion.

You have to do it from the Sync menu. It's in settings if I'm not wrong.
Before doing a Master reset:
  1. Delete any paired Bluetooth device (I recommend from the paired device also).
  2. Delete any Apple/Android device used for screen mirroring.
It will take a few minutes and then you have to reconfigure the Sync.
Thank you, I will attempt that this weekend. I am about to unplug the battery for a while to do headers so I'd figure that would be part of it & kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks for your help!

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
How many, all upset here have facebook accounts? Now wasting a bunch of time thinking about this.

1 Location, drivers cannot live without the NAV,
2 remote ctr, back to old school, manual door unlock press button on fob.
3 Vech data tire pressure, oil life, car locked.

4 Ins related, forget that! that's locked down for accident forensics.

The only thing I'm sort of interested in. What to turn off to prevent the car from going into hibernation.

2 reasons: Recently purchased a battery monitor.
1 Car defaulted to hibernation even with a trickle charger connected.
2 After the installation of the monitor, I found the battery had a 40% charge

Reconnection the charger 8 hours later 100%, charger auto defaults to trickle mode.

As it stands now I am interested to find out how long it will take for the hibernation to take place.

My current thoughts are, trickle charge cannot maintain a 90 or 100% charge level.

With the Mustang, the current draw is too great. And an owner will need to keep an eye on things.

Not a big deal just to know. What it means is when the owner gets the FordPass alert.

Time to unplug or turn off the charger. Reconnect so it can top off the battery.

Trickel charges are not as smart as some may believe. Once in the trickle mode, it does not have an auto threshold to rest to the charge mode and cycle in and out as needed.

So turning off the FordPass is not such a good idea. At least an owner gets the alert the battery is @ 40% and can react.

Not a fanatic about battery life. What is important in the digital world? It is important that the power be constant.

Yes, turn on and off the ing to get out of hibernation.

Well ok but then turn right around and start the car with 40% of the power to run all electronic, hardware (starter) is stressing the system, and shit can get scrambled.

We all have read posts about unusual events taking place with faulty batteries. And at 40% of the output from a power supply is marginal at best.
My trickle charger for sure goes back into charging if the SoC goes below what is considered "full".
The car goes into deep sleep after 14 days if left untouched.
If you want to wake her up just press the start button without pressing the brake. She will wake up and not crank, nothing will get stressed.
40% is more than enough to start the car, and the reason these cars all go into hybernation after 14 days are, well, the TCU calling mothership every two minutes. That's a significant draw.
This, and possibly also the radios powered on for all the "keyless" stuff.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My trickle charger for sure goes back into charging if the SoC goes below what is considered "full".
The car goes into deep sleep after 14 days if left untouched.
If you want to wake her up just press the start button without pressing the brake. She will wake up and not crank, nothing will get stressed.
40% is more than enough to start the car, and the reason these cars all go into hybernation after 14 days are, well, the TCU calling mothership every two minutes. That's a significant draw.
This, and possibly also the radios powered on for all the "keyless" stuff.
I will find out now having an established bench make @ 40%. And capable of real-time recorded data for analysis.

I read the acronyms thrown out, and don't see any actual data-gathering hardware proving the theory.

No mention of the charger, so I will assume your knowledge is speculative, book & internet bourn out.

BTW it was mentioned simpling turning on the ING (short for ignition) will remove the car from hibernation.

Rock on

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
I will find out now having an established bench make @ 40%. And capable of real-time recorded data for analysis.

I read the acronyms thrown out, and don't see any actual data-gathering hardware proving the theory.

No mention of the charger, so I will assume your knowledge is speculative, book & internet bourn out.

BTW it was mentioned simpling turning on the ING (short for ignition) will remove the car from hibernation.

Rock on
I spared you on the charger model and make because it's italian made, but you called for it: BC 9000 EVO DESIGN , 12V - 9 A Digitale/LCD | BC Battery Italian Official Website (batterycontroller.it). Have fun translating a language you don't understand.
Edit: It's more than 10 years that I have this particular charger, and charging a lead-acid battery it's not really rocket science.

I know for a fact that any charger of a good quality comes out of trickle charging a battery if the State of Charge drops below a predetermined setpoint. Many also have an "equalization" program built in to prevent electrolyte stratification (like mine).

Really, do as you wish, I will not take time to reply at the next iteration.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I spared you on the charger model and make because it's italian made, but you called for it: BC 9000 EVO DESIGN , 12V - 9 A Digitale/LCD | BC Battery Italian Official Website (battery controller.it). Have fun translating a language you don't understand. when you talk you wave your arms and hands all over, always thought that was how one speaks "Italian"

Edit: It's more than 10 years that I have this particular charger, and charging a lead-acid battery it's not really rocket science.

I know for a fact that any charger of a good quality comes out of trickle charging a battery if the State of Charge drops below a predetermined setpoint. Many also have an "equalization" program built in to prevent electrolyte stratification (like mine).

Really, do as you wish, I will not take time to reply at the next iteration.
Believe me, I will and will also know the answer. With regard to the amount of the 100% charge is maintained,14 days later. After the trickle charging takes effect.

No, it's not rocket science, you just might be misinformed about the charger's capabilities.

VVVV Reads like the CTEK charger VVVVV

BC 9000 EVO + - MAIN FEATURES
NLOAD_7b004e57-a95f-4da4-bc8c-56e897812c4a_100x100.jpg

• Step 1 - Initialization: the device verifies that the battery is in optimal condition to be recharged / recovered and makes sure that there are no short circuits between one or more cells of the battery.
  • Step 2 - Recovery: if the battery is in an extreme discharge condition (as low as 1.25V), the device tries to perform a recovery in order to bring it to a higher voltage, compatible with the next step.
  • Step 3 - Soft Charge: if the battery is very low, the device provides a light pulse current, to allow the battery to overcome the critical phase.
  • Step 4 - Charge: during this phase the battery can recover up to 85-90% of its capacity, thanks to charger capacity to provide full current.
  • Step 5 - Desulphation / Absorption: in order to recover the remaining 10-15% of the battery capacity, the device provides a "controlled overcharge" through the desulfation / recovery of lead-acid cells (for mild or medium levels of sulfation).
  • Step 6 - Battery Analysis: the device interrupts the power supply for a few tens of minutes and verifies that the battery can retain the charge received during the previous cycles.
    This step is repeated periodically at regular intervals.
  • Step 7 – Maintenance: thanks to a specifically designed electronic circuit, the device maintains the battery during periods of inactivity, without overheating, overcharging and loss of water/electrolyte.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My CTEK will keep it at 100% no problem :

IMG_7791.PNG

IMG_7792.PNG

WD :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I have some data collected, will be back. Not interested in anecdotal trickle charger assumptions. Measured fact-based is all good, still to be determined.
Cheers

Last edited:

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
When I have some data collected, will be back. Not interested in anecdotal trickle charger assumptions. Measured fact-based is all good, still to be determined.
Cheers
Let us know when you get the rocket launched.

I just plug the Ford (CTEK) charger in when it’s Fall and unplug it in the Spring. Works fine.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know when you get the rocket launched.

I just plug the Ford (CTEK) charger in when it’s Fall and unplug it in the Spring. Works fine.

If I don't admit my mistakes I lose credibility. I store the charger on the top of the front tire, under a car cover.

Long story short
I remembered that I had not seen the #4 battery led green. When I pulled it from the top of the tire. Installing the monitor, only the A (pwr) mode led lit.

Which started the whole mess. Using the charger for 2 years. Know to switch the charger to normal.
I assume and is all I can do, the extension cord plug is/was intermittent.
Today pulled the charger off the tire and the #4 green led is lit, all is well.

If looking for me I'm one in the corner.

Cheers
GP

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
I'm glad someone else gets it. Reading these posts seems like some people believe there is a guy in an office at Ford watching your every move with the warranty department and your insurance company on speed dial. Sure, Ford is selling bulk generic data, but they are not handing out data with your VIN/personal info attached to it without your knowledge and consent. That wouldn't be a good look for a manufacturer. As of 22MY, very little data is being logged/stored onboard of Ford cars/trucks. For diagnostic purposes, I sometimes wish this vehicle data was as readily available as some believe it is.
What info is preserved by the EDR in the event of air bag deployment and or a collision? just curious where this information is collected and stored, how often its over written, etc

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Tom, I just called

This is ONLY if you purchase auto insurance from this company that is partnered with Ford. Basically is just like the option other companies have with the OBDII dongle device. I called the listed number and I was told that they do not give this data to other insurance companies.

The option is greyed out (not selectable), and OFF because the Ford offered insurance company is not being used. It would seem even if that company was used, the option to turn it off WOULD be selectable.

If someone is dumb enough to sign up for this, it's on them.
I'm not seeing it saying Ford shares with one insurance company. Says may be shared with insurance companies who might give you a quote, i.e. every company you might choose. Why do you think its just one company? And if it is, what company is it?

I apologize if I missed it in another post.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing it saying Ford shares with one insurance company. Says may be shared with insurance companies who might give you a quote, i.e. every company you might choose. Why do you think its just one company? And if it is, what company is it?

I apologize if I missed it in another post.
This was quite a while ago, but if my memory serves they said one of the companies that share data with Ford, not one specific company. I do not know which one/ones do.
Sponsored