Steeda or Ford Performance track handling kit

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Square looks better. Which offset should I use with 20x10.5 in a square setup?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Bounciness may be a little worse than it was with my PP setup.

After test driving your car I'd say the bounciness is coming from the rear shocks only. The front felt solid and I think the bearings were working well too. I think an adjustable rear shock like the Vikings would compliment the rest of your suspension perfectly.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=16024]Stripler[/MENTION] I would get the billet shock mounts for that. See [MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] 's new thread and the numerous others. My car used to have bounce and oscillations on the highway and changing to the mounts eliminated it. The spherical bearings in the mounts, replacing rubber bushings in the stock ones, allow the shocks to actually work.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I would go with the Steeda kit and add the shock mounts and adjustable bump stops. If you don't want to add the bump stops, at least trim the factory rear bump stops 1 1/2". I have everything in that kit and more and like you, will never track the car and absolutely love the ride! WAY better than the bouncy stock PP suspension and handling is improved many times over!

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Interesting that the rear is still bouncy with the track handling kit. I thought the Ford Racing kit would cure that. I have this kit in order, might have to spec the Steeda shock mounts too.

Also doesn't the FR track kit come with new bumpstops?

DoubleX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT
Was quoted $1,000 to have this put on. Think I'll have to pass, and just grab some springs.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Was quoted $1,000 to have this put on. Think I'll have to pass, and just grab some springs.
$1000 to just put the Ford performance track kit on? Sounds about right if this is with an alignment included.

I think shocks and struts should take about 4 hours of installation time and the sway bars another 2 hours.

I want to get much more stuff installed, hopefully I won't pay more than $1500 for the installation.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Interesting that the rear is still bouncy with the track handling kit. I thought the Ford Racing kit would cure that. I have this kit in order, might have to spec the Steeda shock mounts too.

Also doesn't the FR track kit come with new bumpstops?
Bounce is subjective and will vary by driver interpretation. The track pack handles hills and more gradual bumps much better. There is less bounce up after topping hills and gradual bumps. There is also less bounce up after bottoming a hill and gradual bump.

There is "bounce" on smaller bumps just as with the PP to where you can feel like a bobble head going down a stretch of road with a lot of small bumps.

I have a few stretches in my daily commute where the road looks flats, but actually has a lot of evenly spaced bumps. Just as with the PP suspension, it still starts an occillation in the suspension that feels like a bounce. I will try the shock mounts and report back. Some of this is just characteristic of a sport suspension, but there is always room for improvement.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The Ford Track Handling Pack has new bump stops included and pre-installed.

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just a comment on the Ford Racing track pack. I went with the Ford Racing sway bars. The front bar is awfully stiff (rate is about 850 lb/in on softest). Significantly stiffer than BMR/Steeda. While flat cornering, can be a little harsh on less than perfect roads. I notice some chatter/skipping in the front if turning sharply. I have a set of Steedas I'll install when I get some time and will provide a follow up.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Bounce is subjective and will vary by driver interpretation. The track pack handles hills and more gradual bumps much better. There is less bounce up after topping hills and gradual bumps. There is also less bounce up after bottoming a hill and gradual bump.

There is "bounce" on smaller bumps just as with the PP to where you can feel like a bobble head going down a stretch of road with a lot of small bumps.

I have a few stretches in my daily commute where the road looks flats, but actually has a lot of evenly spaced bumps. Just as with the PP suspension, it still starts an occillation in the suspension that feels like a bounce. I will try the shock mounts and report back. Some of this is just characteristic of a sport suspension, but there is always room for improvement.
A little harshness in the suspension doesn't bother me but a suspension that doesn't settle over bumps does because it hampers the ability to drive off the corner. I figured the bounce that lots of people refer to on these forums is due to the latter, mostly because of fitting stiffer springs without matching shocks correctly. That was my take. Given the FR kit is a tuned package I wouldn't expect that. Interested to hear your reports.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
I kinda decided to go with the Steeda pro action shocks, springs and all the other Steeda stuff.
Will be a little more pricey, but I think it is worth it.

I will let you guys know about my experience with Steeda in approx 5 weeks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
:cheers:

You are making a great choice ... you won't be disappointed!

Looking forward to your review & feedback!

Best Regards,

TJ

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I hope that includes the spherical LCA bearings. Otherwise $1,000 to install the FP track kit is way too much. The front struts come assembled and literally bolt right in. The toughest part is the front sway bar, otherwise the kit can be installed in a drive way with basic tools and a floor jack.

I would highly recommend against just replacing the springs alone without upgrading the dampers. IMO the weakest part of any factory Mustang suspension is always the dampers.
Sponsored