Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've been looking at this kit. The Ford Performance Track Handling Pack for my 2015 GT automatic. Has anyone installed this? If so, what is your opinion?
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
BMR suspension is very good, check them out! I am running this on my S550! pony.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Track Pack installed along with a handful of additional suspension mods and am extremely happy. It’s a night and day difference coming from a non-PP car; it feels planted and tight in corners and completely stable at high speeds. The floaty feeling of the stock non-PP suspension is gone but without destroying the soft ride quality. Make no mistake, it’s stiffer, but still very much a streetable ride that you can daily drive.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I have the track handing pack and am also very happy with it. The ride is better than stock on some surfaces (freeway hop), but can be worse on other surfaces.

I like that fact that it is an integrated package where the springs, shocks, and swaybars have been calibrated to work together.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
A friend put this kit on his car, he said it was the ideal blend for a DD car that sees the track. He eventually went more extreme, more track/less DD focused. I tracked an S197 with the Ford track suspension on it and it if the S550 kit is as good as the S197 version it is a very capable track package. I'm considering it once I get the driveline/cradle compliance issues sorted out.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Are the FRPP track spring rates in the spreadsheet?
Anyone have rhem?
I don’t think Ford advertise the spring rates. But they do sell it as a true soup to nuts kit. It has everything you need and everything works together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'm also looking at the 2018 with PP2. If anyone has an opinion, please let us know!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
BMR suspension is very good, check them out! I am running this on my S550! pony.
You're in the wrong topic kid.

FRPP Track Pack was the best blend of performance and daily driving I could find. I was skeptical about progressive springs, but honestly they are the best progressives I've ever ridden on and perform better than linears at the same price. The Track Pack totally eliminated wheel hop and the cornering is so good I run circles around standard Performance Pack GTs. The ride is a little stiffer than I expected from progressive springs but I only notice it on truly terrible country roads. The rest of the time it's smooth. The lowered stance also makes the Mustang look a lot better because the stock height is way too high imo. The Track Pack lowers about an inch. It's a damn good but. I got mine from Levittown for a great price.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Have you noticed any "bounciness" with that suspension and I assume stock shock mounts? That's the only downside I see of running the FRPP stuff that many people seem to say it's pretty noticeable.

FRPP Track Pack was the best blend of performance and daily driving I could find. I was skeptical about progressive springs, but honestly they are the best progressives I've ever ridden on and perform better than linears at the same price. The Track Pack totally eliminated wheel hop and the cornering is so good I run circles around standard Performance Pack GTs. The ride is a little stiffer than I expected from progressive springs but I only notice it on truly terrible country roads. The rest of the time it's smooth. The lowered stance also makes the Mustang look a lot better because the stock height is way too high imo. The Track Pack lowers about an inch. It's a damn good but. I got mine from Levittown for a great price.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also looking at the 2018 with PP2. If anyone has an opinion, please let us know!
If you have the means, get this. I have setup my 2016 nearly identical to what the PP2's suspension will be, and it's glorious. I can only imagine the finely tuned PP2 OEM suspension will be even better, not to mention the PP2's addition of stickier tires, better aerodynamics, and more power.

Ford Article on PP2

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was skeptical about progressive springs, but honestly they are the best progressives I've ever ridden on and perform better than linears at the same price.
What linear springs did you compare with the progressives that led you to to this opinion? I'm sure the community would value your opinion especially since it was with the same shocks/struts/sway bars and car. Add on top of that the same driver/owner and you'd have everyones attention. Do tell!!!

If you have the means, get this. I have setup my 2016 nearly identical to what the PP2's suspension will be, and it's glorious. I can only imagine the finely tuned PP2 OEM suspension will be even better, not to mention the PP2's addition of stickier tires, better aerodynamics, and more power.

Ford Article on PP2
You swapped in magneride? Impressive!!!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You swapped in magneride? Impressive!!!
Yes, I did. I utilized the meds, that you’ve clearly laid off of, to harness the intelligence and ingenuity to accomplish this feat.

In reality, the “nearly” I’ve accomplished comprises of very similar spring and sway-bar rates accompanied by matching shocks/struts (not magride) and a k-member brace (rumored to be on the PP2).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I did. I utilized the meds, that you’ve clearly laid off of, to harness the intelligence and ingenuity to accomplish this feat.

In reality, the “nearly” I’ve accomplished comprises of very similar spring and sway-bar rates accompanied by matching shocks/struts (not magride) and a k-member brace (rumored to be on the PP2).
Care to elaborate on your choices?
Sponsored