Steeda IRS Brace

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hopefully I can find some Rustoleum close enough in color, so that I can touch them up. I’m only going to focus on the areas that are in need of attention.
Probably like a primer gray or chalk type color would be close. The silver I used is fairly close but it’s a little too silver. You’d be able to tell the difference if you just used it as a touch up
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Probably like a primer gray or chalk type color would be close. The silver I used is fairly close but it’s a little too silver. You’d be able to tell the difference if you just used it as a touch up
I will take some closeup pics tomorrow and go to the hardware store to see what they have. I’ll post pics here after I’m done.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I ordered some of these and plan on respraying them in rustoleum hammered gray. The stock powder coating is ugly imo

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I ordered some of these and plan on respraying them in rustoleum hammered gray. The stock powder coating is ugly imo
With inferior coating, it would almost be nice if Steeda would offer them bare, so the end user can select their color of choice and be able to touch them up much more easily when needed.

OP
OP
Bman5150

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
With inferior coating, it would almost be nice if Steeda would offer them bare, so the end user can select their color of choice and be able to touch them up much more easily when needed.
agree. I’d like mine to be red and not gray.

Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I've owned 2 sets and while I love the performance aspect the finish is terrible. I've had to repaint both sets before I could install. I tend to agree that they'd be better off just offering them unfinished vs. what they're claiming is a powder coat.

RedCanPp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
After reading all these comments, I'm now giving BMR a second thought instead of going with Steeda's stop-the-hop kit.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How did you remove the plastic plugs without damaging them?
It was a while ago, but I seem to recall that fingernails and credit card were sacrificed in favour of the plug ... lol

Even if you damage the plug, it wouldn't be hard to find a suitable replacement - I keep a box of random stuff like that in the garage, and buy more than I need if I require something that isn't already in the box :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Copy that WD. Thanks!
FWIW, I left mine on and wrapped masking tape around them. I used the narrower 1” tape, wrapped it around the ends and made a cone. I forgot to snap pics when I did it, but I was basically an extension of the ends of the brace, just with tape. Figured that was easier than trying to trim tape into the exact size. Hadn’t thought of removing the caps. No wrong way to do it IMO, whatever you’re comfortable doing.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I have set of these from my 350, I no longer need. They were on my car for less than 500 miles. Look new and have all the hardware for installation. If interested, let me know, willing to ship.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OP, replace the RLCA bushing with a quality spherical, and install the subframe supports. You absolutely will notice the the change to a RLCA bearing and IRS subframe supports/alignment dowels.

IMO, installing those bars by themselves, is mods for the sake of mods. They probably make some difference, but the deflection is at the bushings and subframe supports. Bracing the subframe at one isolated point will not solve the deflection problem. This is why Steeda pairs these bars with the subframe supports and alignment dowels. Now granted, they ignore the RLCA bushing, but that is a huge source of deflection under load that must be addressed to get a planted feel in the corners.

OP
OP
Bman5150

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
I’m with you on that …

1714457880633-69.jpg

WD :like:
Looks great! What product did you use on them? How did you prep the surface?
Sponsored