SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I installed Steeda's IRS Braces about 6 weeks ago and have put about 1k miles on the car since. I could tell a difference immediately. Car just felt stiffer. Install was a breeze. Did it by myself in about an hour. Paired with the Air Lift suspension this combination is amazing. Car handles like its on rails. Great mod for the money imo.
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754/

19062695208_7b8b442e35_b.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I installed Steeda's IRS Braces about 6 weeks ago and have put about 1k miles on the car since. I could tell a difference immediately. Car just felt stiffer. Install was a breeze. Did it by myself in about an hour. Paired with the Air Lift suspension this combination is amazing. Car handles like its on rails. Great mod for the money imo.
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754/

Thanks, Nate! Car looks great on Air Lift!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for sharing, that's good to hear. I wouldn't have thought those braces would make that much difference. Then again, I was amazed how much difference the Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace made so maybe I should try those as well. It already handles great with all the Steeda goodies I have but a little better never hurts!

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Looks great! I wish Steeda would make some IRS braces for the convertibles. We need it the most but don't have any options for the rear braces.

OP
OP
SVT_N8

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Thanks for sharing, that's good to hear. I wouldn't have thought those braces would make that much difference. Then again, I was amazed how much difference the Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace made so maybe I should try those as well. It already handles great with all the Steeda goodies I have but a little better never hurts!

I need to pick up their Extreme G-Trac brace. Been putting it off. Good to hear some feedback on it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great to see these old threads resurrected!

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
This could be the next mod as funds allow, so a couple of questions. Would getting the rear aligned first help out in making the installation easier? Or conversely, would the braces help align the subframe when installed? I ask because I've already installed Steeda alignment tubes, bushing support rings and differential bushings and do not want to have to mess with subframe bolts again as I could have misaligned the subframe assembly installing those mods.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The alignment tubes will have your subframe aligned perfectly. Support rings and diff bushings are there to reduce wheel hop, but the alignment is done through the tubes.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This could be the next mod as funds allow, so a couple of questions. Would getting the rear aligned first help out in making the installation easier? Or conversely, would the braces help align the subframe when installed? I ask because I've already installed Steeda alignment tubes, bushing support rings and differential bushings and do not want to have to mess with subframe bolts again as I could have misaligned the subframe assembly installing those mods.

The alignment dowels are key to getting the subframe squared with the chassis. The IRS support braces help keep the subframe re-enforced to the chassis and eliminate any bit of movement. The IRS braces will not require or adjust any of the alignment specs. Purchase and install with confidence. PM for the forum discount. Cheers :handsinair:

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi, I purchased the Steeda rear subframe brace but it does not line up for the middle bolt. Does anyone have links to videos on how to align the middle bolt. I am installing using jack stands and not a lift. Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
You may try loosing the cradle bolts, (one side at a time). Then install the brace bolts. There are 4 of them, two per side. They are the big blue ones. loosen the front and rear bolts on one side, install the brace, re-torque the cradle bolts, torque the brace. Then repeat on the other side.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are the cradle bolts the ones you remove when installing the subframe alignment kit.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The big blue ones

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the install video - if you need installation support, give us a call at 1800 - 950 -0774 & one of lead installers can provide you with installation support.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks everyone for the responses. I will try again tonight. Gets frustrating in 97 degree weather.
Sponsored