Sports + How to keep as default

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
Sorry guys, I know there have been discussions before on this topic. I thought I raise it again in the hopes a workaround / solution has been found.

How can I keep my Sports + mode as default, so next time i start the car it does not go back to Normal mode?

I have a MY21.5 A10 GT. It is the Australian model (some minor differences to USA model).

For now I am shifting all the way down to S mode (just below D mode) which is easier than having to use the mode switch each time i use the car. The S mode gets me so every slightly higher revs than D, but still seems too low. Sports + is ideal for me.

thanks up front.
frank
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
No can do. Normal is the start up default. Set your preferences in the My Mode menu and then upon start up toggle up twice to get back to My Mode. No other way around it. Been hashed and rehashed here many times, I know because I had the same question. It’s not a big deal for me, sometimes I just leave it in normal. Not every outing has to be race day. Also makes the time I do let her eat that much more fun. YMMV.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
You can’t. The above described option is your option.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Sorry guys, I know there have been discussions before on this topic. I thought I raise it again in the hopes a workaround / solution has been found.

How can I keep my Sports + mode as default, so next time i start the car it does not go back to Normal mode?

I have a MY21.5 A10 GT. It is the Australian model (some minor differences to USA model).

For now I am shifting all the way down to S mode (just below D mode) which is easier than having to use the mode switch each time i use the car. The S mode gets me so every slightly higher revs than D, but still seems too low. Sports + is ideal for me.

thanks up front.
frank
Call your local dealer and ask if the can reload your software to make Sport+ default. It will cost and they might say they have to get Ford Software engineers department to change/create one with that as default. It will cost, but no doubt it can be done. Good luck

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
thanks guys for your responses. I suspected as much, but thought nonetheless I ask the same question again.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
thanks guys for your responses. I suspected as much, but thought nonetheless I ask the same question again.
I have gone down this road on my RAM Longhorn.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
See, the thing is I know that it's absolutely possible. How do I know? I have a convertible that I installed the SmartTop module in. One of the options is that the car automatically goes into whatever toggle setting the car was in when it was turned off. I leave mine in Sport + and it returns to it on start up. It would return to track, drag, whatever the mode car was in when turned off. Actually, it does "start" in normal mode then steps through to Sport+ automatically so, functionally the same thing.
So I know that it can be made to do what you want because it has been done.
You just have to find a programmer somewhere who can make it work on the coupe.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There isn't any coding that can be toggled or updated in the PCM using Forscan?? I'm surprised no one has found a way (yet) since there's so many Forscannwrs on here...

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
And the bitch is, I want the sound, don't care about the physical driving mode. I work out of the house and drive it 10 miles a day, 7 months a year, and I wish you didn't have to navigate through the menu so far to change the AE sound modes.

The driving/sound mode is 3 toggle switches.

Guess I'll live with it. 🤔

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
And the bitch is, I want the sound, don't care about the physical driving mode. I work out of the house and drive it 10 miles a day, 7 months a year, and I wish you didn't have to navigate through the menu so far to change the AE sound modes.

I can change my AE mode in about 5 seconds. Repetition is your friend. Or you can set my mode to normal everything and exhaust to your preferred. But that option legitimately takes me more time than blasting through the pony menu to change AE alone.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

Or you can pull a fuse once it's on track mode. Just can't remember which one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can change my AE mode in about 5 seconds. Repetition is your friend. Or you can set my mode to normal everything and exhaust to your preferred. But that option legitimately takes me more time than blasting through the pony menu to change AE alone.
You need 401a for MyMode. @Spartan1 has 400a.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

Yup I feel the same way. I only care about the sound.

I have noticed most cars now of days have this feature. Where they do not allow you to stay in loud exhaust mode. Probably due to sound regulations or something.