SCCA CAM-C Thread

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Stupid question - are there wings that can bolted to existing trunk lid holes ? Because if you have to drill, then this doesn't make it much different than a spoiler...

Another thought - if we allow basically everything at this point, why hold on to street tire ? Yoks aren't that much cheaper than Hoosier.
I don't know much about this wing, but they claim it bolts up to the factory holes. Definitely going to need a lot more wing than this to get the DF of a 10" spoiler, but hey, it's a start. After all, the new rules just came out :wink:.

https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-gt500...1EVD5S1GGjA5kocpmQLmHGEtLZpOzCNxoCWi8QAvD_BwE
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
In some ways we were already there with the spoiler and vague allowances for splitters, no mention of canards, etc. When I showed up at a Texas tour with legal aero for the first time, I think I put like 2 seconds on the class (they were fast courses). That was a bit of a shock to the guys and it really started the local arms race for aero. That was a while ago.

Personally I doubt the drag advantages of wings will be all that impactful, but I am pretty worried about the new diffuser rules. Good diffusers are harder to come by than wings, and a good one built to the full allowed size looks nearly impossible to package under a mustang without drastic change to the exhaust, etc. Maybe with a maximized wing the diffuser will be too much understeer, that's certainly possible, but IDK.
The drag is nothing, for sure. My concern is that the evolution of the rules will start to look something like a Pikes Peak car.

A truly effective rear diffuser will likely add total downforce at a higher *front* percentage. It's counterintuitive, but by organizing the exit flow, you end up getting a lot more entry (total) flow. *IF* you can use the extra air under the nose it will often tend to be more powerful on the front than the rear.

Last edited:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I don't know much about this wing, but they claim it bolts up to the factory holes. Definitely going to need a lot more wing than this to get the DF of a 10" spoiler, but hey, it's a start. After all, the new rules just came out :wink:.

https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-gt500-carbon-fiber-track-pack-rear-wing-spoiler-vz102445-ford mustang-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021?gclid=CjwKCAiAs8acBhA1EiwAgRFdw6vRmc5u06Xa8bnVEVtIMo1EVD5S1GGjA5kocpmQLmHGEtLZpOzCNxoCWi8QAvD_BwE
A little pricier but also more effective and will also use the factory mounting points.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...d-mustang-shelby-gt350r-2730?category=4#attr=

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have any first hand experience with the G-LOC R6 brake pads on a Mustang?

I've been running R12/R10s track pads at big events lately, as the GS1 just seems to glaze too easily (even for autocross).

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
have any first hand experience with the G-LOC R6 brake pads on a Mustang?

I've been running R12/R10s track pads at big events lately, as the GS1 just seems to glaze too easily (even for autocross).
Not first hand, but two track buddies run them, and said it was night and day difference on their 2017 GT. They went from factory pads to G6 and kept the factory rotors, and said the car stops like it's hitting a wall when they jam on the brakes now.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Rules are posed and wings are back on the menu boys!

idk about diffusers. Looking down there, I have a lot of exhaust and muffler taking up space. I need to keep this one quiet for the local sites.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Rules are posed and wings are back on the menu boys!
[/quote[

Ugh, really don't want to deal with wings right now.

idk about diffusers. Looking down there, I have a lot of exhaust and muffler taking up space. I need to keep this one quiet for the local sites.
Even on National events I got warnings running stock active exhaust with h-pipe (had harness broken so couldn't do anything about it). Local you can always get some forgiveness (at least here - Toledo / NWOR is somewhat serious), at National it sucks to get DSQd after driving to it and investing money.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
At least we know what Rick Ruth thinks about benefit of wings at autocross speeds.

CAM-C pax from 0.819 to 0.827 for next year.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ugh, while that factor doesn't mean much for national events it sure sucks for locals. Especially when most are on postage stamp lots where aero doesn't factor and I'm either in a pax class or comparing myself against others via pax.

Reactions: kz

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
At least we know what Rick Ruth thinks about benefit of wings at autocross speeds.

Ouch. Like OUCH. That's a cruel blow. I actually liked trying to compete with the local pro class. I can think of an ES and CS driver or two who are going to be happy about this. They really didn't need any additional encouragement BTW.

Glad I won the last local event of 2022, because it looks like its going to be a long time before that happens again.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That's a bit of an optimistic jump, huh? Maybe you can probably get there if you go all crazy on the aero, who knows? Does it make the event any more fun? Well, not to me. CAM's can always play with CAM's, so there's that.

Reactions: kz

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That's a bit of an optimistic jump, huh? Maybe you can probably get there if you go all crazy on the aero, who knows? Does it make the event any more fun? Well, not to me. CAM's can always play with CAM's, so there's that.
Agreed, back to competing against my classmates instead of the entire field.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ouch. Like OUCH. That's a cruel blow. I actually liked trying to compete with the local pro class. I can think of an ES and CS driver or two who are going to be happy about this. They really didn't need any additional encouragement BTW.

Glad I won the last local event of 2022, because it looks like its going to be a long time before that happens again.
Same thoughts - in 2021 - slow as I am - I won every single local in CAM C so for 2022 went to Pro to give others chance to win some trophies or bragging rights or whatever they were after - in Pro ran with Clark in C8 and GS Civic Si on a small lot and kinda wasn't very far off. Now it doesn't make sense - even with the wing - on smaller lots this car will not get much faster if it all. I just hope they don't bump PSI in a similar way since CAM T already has an advantage there.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I think that cars will get barely faster and only on the fastest courses. By average they'll be just as slow/fast. All those wings will need some front aero after all. I think that weight reduction makes more sense if one was to prioritize than adding aero...
Sponsored