SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I got word today with Tire Rack and Bridgestone confirmation that the RE71R production has ended without a replacement in the works for the states.
So, what are the 305/19 options left?
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying I might actually shell out money to Goodyear of my own accord? The hell you say...

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Are you saying I might actually shell out money to Goodyear of my own accord? The hell you say...
No, get Rivals. Jury is out in whether RT660s will last long enough to be worth the value proposition (and be on pace when used on the big, powerful cars)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Tire rack still has some RE71R inventory - just sayin'.
Yeah they are still getting 2020 production tires, but the tooling has been transitioned to the RE71RS (asia market only)

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Yeah, maybe if you're cool with buying 2+ sets. I wouldn't want to switch to a totally different tire mid-season. Would rather start on something different in the spring. I know you guys in Texas don't really have an off-season.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Yeah, maybe if you're cool with buying 2+ sets. I wouldn't want to switch to a totally different tire mid-season. Would rather start on something different in the spring. I know you guys in Texas don't really have an off-season.
That would be a great way to guarantee a better tire becomes available.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I would, but I've got too many toys to buy for this damned car & I've only got one event on the tires I own, so...

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'm testing Rivals in 2 weeks

Sponsored

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've been watching this thread closely, since I plan on running one more event next month as a novice, then joining you all in CAM-C next season. There were some timing issues, so official times aren't posted yet, but I clocked this at 78.3 on my phone stopwatch. I probably could've picked up a bit of time if I had remembered to turn off advancetrac. This is in a stock (for now...)GT PP1, with the A10 and magneride.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Off topic, but is everyone 100% sure that 'normal' rear springs do not work on a Magnaride car? My Maier pieces aren't here, yet, and I don't really my to run the same rear springs as last month this weekend.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Off topic, but is everyone 100% sure that 'normal' rear springs do not work on a Magnaride car? My Maier pieces aren't here, yet, and I don't really my to run the same rear springs as last month this weekend.
Haven't tried to install non-MR springs, but MR springs are labelled left / right (rear ones) which matches the idea they're counterwound.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The left spring will fit. The right side will not. Magneride rear springs are counterwound from each other. Best bet for a magneride rear spring is the BMR. 980 lb/in.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm not going to buy anything special just for this weekend. The Maier kit will address my problem when it shows up, but I don't know exactly when that will be. In the meantime, I've got a pair of 880# springs in the garage that would be better than nothing. Is it just the spring end insulators which needs to be changed to make them work or do they actually have a different control arm (seems nuts).
Sponsored