Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
got the same recall notice by mail. my car is tuned. will this recall repair affect the tune?
To be honest nobody seems 100% sure. Some tunes block ids from connecting. But the bcm can be updated separately from the pcm, so it shouldn't matter in theory if you have a tune or not.
Sponsored

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
I will definitely be using the mobile service to get my car done.

Now that I have a Whipple, I imagine I can just put the factory tune back in before they come. After they leave I can return the Whipple tune.

Of course, more research will be needed in my case, because I am just assuming.....
I do not have Whipple but I do have a ported blower with supporting mods. I flashed mine to stock before they did the update and returned it to the tune from my tuner after and the car runs just fine. I had the mobile service done as well.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
They don't: different braking system (the S650 uses brake by wire).
I guess it had to do with the level of fluid in the reservoir. Not the brake system itself. That's why it's just a reflash to recalibrate. Which I was told using the latest parameters derived from the s650. I'm just repeating what the told me. They never opened the hood

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I guess it had to do with the level of fluid in the reservoir. Not the brake system itself. That's why it's just a reflash to recalibrate. Which I was told using the latest parameters derived from the s650. I'm just repeating what the told me. They never opened the hood
They told you something because they had to. The brake modules are completely different in the way they operate.

This is just routine bugfix, if you look into FDRS there is a conspicuous number of them during the year (declining as the platform matures); it only happened that this particular one originated a recall because it impacted a safety mechanism and they are required by law to issue a recall. Otherwise the dealers will just do that as part of diagnosis or scheduled maintenance.

Sponsored

kkeenan3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Does this update affect your car if it’s tuned?

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Does this update affect your car if it’s tuned?
Per post #91 it should not since they are seperate but I would return to stock to be safe just in case.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Per post #91 it should not since they are seperate but I would return to stock to be safe just in case.
I know this is the GT500 forum but I just got mine in the mail for the M1. I’m assuming everybody on this site watches their fluids like a hawk and I’m not worried about it. I check my fluids all the time so I’m gonna leave it alone.

C-WOODS-70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 A-Code coupe, '67 A-Code coupe, '22 GT PP 6MT
I know this is the GT500 forum but I just got mine in the mail for the M1. I’m assuming everybody on this site watches their fluids like a hawk and I’m not worried about it. I check my fluids all the time so I’m gonna leave it alone.
Same here. No dealership is touching my car for something this trivial. I check things like this to often for this to ever be a problem.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This is not a big deal to deal with. Just had both of mine done with the mobile service. Took about fifteen minutes each. Most of that was doing the update through the mobile hot spot in the service vehicle. They don’t look at anything other then making sure the voltage is correct to do the update. We spent more time bsing about cars. The tech that did mine has an 03 or 04 lightning, so was a car go through and through.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is not a big deal to deal with. Just had both of mine done with the mobile service. Took about fifteen minutes each. Most of that was doing the update through the mobile hot spot in the service vehicle. They don’t look at anything other then making sure the voltage is correct to do the update. We spent more time bsing about cars. The tech that did mine has an 03 or 04 lightning, so was a car go through and through.
It should always be that painless...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not aware of any euro cars getting the recall yet, but I’m sure it’s coming … :frown:

WD :like:
Arrived today (2020 euro) :

1706100735065.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was done a little while ago. Mobile service is the way to go.
No such luck over here, Ford UK don't offer us that option :frown:

Mine will have to wait a while until its back on the road (it's currently hiding from the salt, and it's got no road tax).

Sponsored