RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Quick question:

I asked my local Service Center to order a new brake pedal secondary to the Safety Recall. They are now telling me that they will need to inspect the existing brake pedal "before" ordering the replacement part. I thought this was an automatic Safety Recall Repair/Replacement.

Anyone else encounter this? Any 2020 GT500s not qualify for the Brake Pedal Safety Recall? Or do I simply need some of KBs grease?

RR

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Quick question:

I asked my local Service Center to order a new brake pedal secondary to the Safety Recall. They are now telling me that they will need to inspect the existing brake pedal "before" ordering the replacement part. I thought this was an automatic Safety Recall Repair/Replacement.

Anyone else encounter this? Any 2020 GT500s not qualify for the Brake Pedal Safety Recall? Or do I simply need some of KBs grease?

RR
See post #8 for details. Only certain build dates apply.
They are supposed to inspect to make sure you have the bad bracket before they order a new one.... But most dealers just do it.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Chairman.

I see the general affected date range is 03/04/2019 to 08/13/2020. As my production date was 10/21/2019 and delivered 02/05/2020, I will give the 800 number a call.

RR

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Quick question:

RR
The dealer requested to inspect my brake assembly also. I believe several others had that happen too. After the inspection the brake assembly was replaced a week and a half later. I believe someone sent a picture of the numbers as oppose to taking their car in.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
All the dealer has to do is enter your VIN in OASIS and it will tell him if your car has any Recalls. If the your car is on the list, he can just order the part through the OASIS app.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
All the dealer has to do is enter your VIN in OASIS and it will tell him if your car has any Recalls. If the your car is on the list, he can just order the part through the OASIS app.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.
Thanks, Earl.

I told them that and even brought my letter (in English) which was specific to my VIN. They still insisted on seeing the part number to verify it was on the recall list before ordering the part. They said the car could have been built at a different plant where I retorted that the GT500 was only built at the FRAP.

It was funny watching them contort themselves and try to get a picture of the part number as it was not easy to see. 30 minutes later, they confirmed the Safety Recall and ordered the part.

Now we will see how available the part is with 38,005 affected vehicles. I will also check on the DCT Flash Update, as well.

RR

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It was funny watching them contort themselves and try to get a picture of the part number as it was not easy to see. 30 minutes later, they confirmed the Safety Recall and ordered the part.

RR
I would have really enjoyed a video of them trying to get a good look at the part number. I would have watched the entire 30 minutes.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Ron: First, glad it finally got approved. I did the "photo thing" and thanks to a member recommendation, I shot a video of the part number illuminated with a flashlight then plucked the best image off the clip. It's the polypropylene assemblies, so if you see "PP" it's the bad part. With the image, my buddy at the dealer was able to order the part and say he checked the car.

Secondly, yep, definitely get them to flash the TCM update and, there's also a PCM file, too. My tech was happy to do both (once he found the note with his name on it in the console along with the U.S. Grant.) <smile> Grease, I love it! <grinning>

And you bet, Earl, it took some major contorsions to get the phone to record the part, so I too would have enjoyed watching those good lemmings at the dealer struggle to see it. Sometimes, the customer really IS right. :-)

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
My dealer had to do the inspection as well. Bad news is I need it replaced. Good news is they got the part in just a few days and she goes in Monday morning to get it replaced.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Interesting conversation here I just had mine inspected and they did not replace the bracket. I was told they look for any hairline fracture and if none it’s ok.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Interesting conversation here I just had mine inspected and they did not replace the bracket. I was told they look for any hairline fracture and if none it’s ok.
Horse hockey! Find a better dealer that can read the safety recall....