Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
2020 & 2021 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500s have a recall. This does not affect the 2022. A reprogram (reflash) of the powertrain control module (PCM) & transmission control module (TCM) are necessary to satisfy the recall. This video covers the details of the recall and show the process.

Sponsored

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge
@Goose17 Tim - thanks for the great video. I still need to do my recall upgrade. Have you come across any other issues since you made this video and have you noticed any specific performance improvements.

Jeff

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
@kilobravo KB how are you sir! Hope all is well. How has life been treating you these past few years? I haven't been on these boards for quite a while. The GT500 has been amazing and I'm extremely happy I bought this beast. Been in storage for the past 3 months though because of the weather. BTW- have you done this PCM/TCM reflash yet?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Doing fine, Jeff and feel exactly the same about the car. Just turned 4k and no, I have not been in to have the new burn done but it's on my ToDo list. Plan to request that the mech checks the gearbox fluid, too although I have not had any issues. Simply too many coming out of Flat Rock with improper servicing.

Anyhow...Good to hear from ya and most happy that you are enjoying the vehicle as much as I. We pay the price down here with oven hot summers but today, while cool and in the low sixties, it's a picture perfect sky so I may have to take her for a stroll.

Be well my friend.

Sponsored

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
So glad to hear that Sarah is purring along and that all is well. Enjoy the drive if you get a chance today and maybe give her a little smack on the rear from me too. :cool: Talk soon my friend.

Jeff

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
@Goose17 Tim - thanks for the great video. I still need to do my recall upgrade. Have you come across any other issues since you made this video and have you noticed any specific performance improvements.

Jeff
I mostly drive my CFTP on the track… it sees very little street duty. I have not noticed anything different after the recall reprogramming.
Sponsored