Mustang Brake Recall

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Horse hockey! Find a better dealer that can read the safety recall....
They are one of the better dealers in the area and they have the records to claim it’s good. They claim it’s an inspection and most are fine and only replace if visual stress fractures are visible.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
They are one of the better dealers in the area and they have the records to claim it’s good. They claim it’s an inspection and most are fine and only replace if visual stress fractures are visible.
See post #8 and your recall letter. It’s not an inspection. It’s a 100% safety recall if you have one of the cars with the PP part. If you have the newer part, you are OK.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
See post #8 and your recall letter. It’s not an inspection. It’s a 100% safety recall if you have one of the cars with the PP part. If you have the newer part, you are OK.
K I will call my personal service advisor tomorrow and double check.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
K I will call my personal service advisor tomorrow and double check.
And I would tell them you are going to call Ford and let them know they are refusing to replace a verified recall part. watch how fast they replace it.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
And I would tell them you are going to call Ford and let them know they are refusing to replace a verified recall part. watch how fast they replace it.
I am really good friends with most of the shop and no doubt I will address this again. They go out of their way to service my cars and only let certain techs touch them. I have a picture of the bracket which as many here claim is part of the recall so I will shoot them a picture and see what they say in the morning.
3A869461-D80A-4B0B-8D62-56A76F334802.jpeg

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Just texted my friend who is the service adviser and will find out in the morning.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I am really good friends with most of the shop and no doubt I will address this again. They go out of their way to service my cars and only let certain techs touch them. I have a picture of the bracket which as many here claim is part of the recall so I will shoot them a picture and see what they say in the morning.
3A869461-D80A-4B0B-8D62-56A76F334802.jpeg

Just texted my friend who is the service adviser and will find out in the morning.
My Car was 2 months old with less than 500 miles, my service guy looked in Oasis and said yep and ordered it, didnt check anything or inspect anything because its a Ford recall. Sorry but recall doesnt say oh check and see if it looks okay then dont bother, because your service guy isnt going to be there when a deer pops out and you smash the brakes and dont stop and hit the deer, unless he's going to get you a brand new Mustang for free. Or maybe that light turns red and a cop is sitting and watching to see if your going to pass that yellow, or maybe that child that darts out in front of you, Unless your service guy is going to bring that child back to life. Call me over dramatic, but this isnt up to the dealership to decide.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
My Car was 2 months old with less than 500 miles, my service guy looked in Oasis and said yep and ordered it, didnt check anything or inspect anything because its a Ford recall. Sorry but recall doesnt say oh check and see if it looks okay then dont bother, because your service guy isnt going to be there when a deer pops out and you smash the brakes and dont stop and hit the deer, unless he's going to get you a brand new Mustang for free. Or maybe that light turns red and a cop is sitting and watching to see if your going to pass that yellow, or maybe that child that darts out in front of you, Unless your service guy is going to bring that child back to life. Call me over dramatic, but this isnt up to the dealership to decide.
No doubt and people make mistakes which I agree needs to be taking care of.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
No doubt and people make mistakes which I agree needs to be taking care of.
Your car was built Feb 4th, 2020, so it is well within the established date window of February 28, 2019 through August 13, 2020.

My car was built on Feb 28 2020 and my dealer had no problem getting the part and they didn't make me jump through any hoops. I called in my VIN, they entered it into Oasis, ordered it and gave me an appointment, all without me leaving my house. Plus, this wasn't even the dealer I bought the car from.

Tell your dealer to get off his butt and do his job.

The only thing they are required to check is your cars OASIS report, if it says you car is affected by the Recall, they order the part. End of discussion.

Print this out and show them.

New Vehicle Demonstration Delivery Hold - Safety Recall 20s52 - Supplement #1

Attachments

Last edited:

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
For anyone trying to get a shot of their part number, don’t try to take pictures... turn on your video camera with flash on (the light)... lay on your back face-up in the foot well and move the camera around... you’ll eventually capture it.