Sponsored

Rear passenger side rattle/buzz

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Oh! I'm so glad I found this thread. Both passenger and driver sides rattle on the freeway with any bumps, and GOD that was driving me nuts on my drive to Vegas last week!
Sponsored

OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Does anyone also have a fix for the glove box buzz?? My car now literally rattles and buzzes everywhere. Especially somehwere in the steering wheel and the glove box. Anyone encountered these issues?

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone also have a fix for the glove box buzz?? My car now literally rattles and buzzes everywhere. Especially somehwere in the steering wheel and the glove box. Anyone encountered these issues?
May not be a fix but I suspect it may be where the two pieces on the left and right side hold the globe box on place (they go in when you hit the release button) may be rubbing on the plastic and causing a lot of the noise. I may try putting some felt or something between these two mating surfaces.

Pushing the glove box inward when closed seems to get rid of most of the noise for a few minutes.

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Really wish I would have found this thread a couple of months ago. My car has 1300 miles on it and has done it since day 1. It has spend the last month at the Ford dealer and another 2 weeks in a visit before that. The dealer has literally had my car longer than I have. Long story short, after screwing w/ it for a month, they said they think they have it fixed. I picked it up and there is no change. I'll have to fix it myself now.

BTW, mine does it on BOTH sides...just not as bad on the driver's side.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Been a while since I checked into this thread. Since I installed my Magnaflow Street system, I'm now getting all the buzzing and vibrations. LOL!!

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Damn. Thought I was the only one on here... Definitely subscribing here. I got my car with 8 miles and only started hearing this since around 1100 miles. I'm at 3k now. It got so bad last week that I literally pulled over to the side of the road in frustration, got out of the car and sat in the passenger seat to try figuring out wtf this noise is. Thought it was something in the glove box but nope....

This is VERY annoying.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Just picked up something yesterday too, glad im not the only one.

I thought someone left a receipt in the door pocket, but to my dismay nothing was there...something part of the car is rattling.

Hopefully its something one of us can do. Really do not want to take it to the dealer for this.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just picked up something yesterday too, glad im not the only one.

I thought someone left a receipt in the door pocket, but to my dismay nothing was there...something part of the car is rattling.

Hopefully its something one of us can do. Really do not want to take it to the dealer for this.
Same here. I've reached over the passenger seat and into the passenger door pocket so many times. I swear... I keep feeling convinced that something is in there, lol.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Damn. Thought I was the only one on here... Definitely subscribing here. I got my car with 8 miles and only started hearing this since around 1100 miles. I'm at 3k now. It got so bad last week that I literally pulled over to the side of the road in frustration, got out of the car and sat in the passenger seat to try figuring out wtf this noise is. Thought it was something in the glove box but nope....

This is VERY annoying.
I've had mine in the shop once for this and they didn't fix it.

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My particular issue is that the Ford mechanic is a buddy of mine. In reality, that means that while my car gets to stay in the closed garage at night and he is careful who drives it and where it's parked, it also goes to the bottom of the priority list(3 weeks before they even looked at it!). I'm disappointed that this seems to be a common problem and you would think it would be a simple fix. While I can tear my car's interior apart to find this god-awful noise, I hate the fact that I have to do so. Anyway, I'm done b1tching about it. There is some good info in this thread and I'll have to give it a try when I get some free time.

Sponsored

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
I've had mine in the shop once for this and they didn't fix it.
Same here, they basically shrugged and said they removed the panel, put it back on and the noise seems to have gone away.

No it didn't go away, I tried explaining the exact issue, mentioned the possible TSB, all I got was a blank stare, same thing with the headlight switch rattle.

I'm just going to fix it myself. Now that my clutch/tranny/flywheel or whatever is toast as well after 1.5 months I'm really beginning to question my 40K purchase.

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
same issue here, been to dealer twice, they were able to replicate the noise but couldn't locate.

Big P91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB P RR
Does anyone have an update about a possible TSB on this? (The rear panel rattle I mean)
Sponsored