Sponsored

Rattle Passenger Side

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
there is a door rattle that occurs from idiot Ford putting metal brackets on metal panels.

while driving, once the noise occurs, have the passenger press firmly on the door handle assembly. if it quiets it down, then pop the door panel off and add some adhesive felt to the metal brackets. there is a thread about this somewhere.
Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I'm having the same issue as others. Metallic rattling from passenger foot well/door area. Seems to react to road vibration and not engine vibration. Had the kick panel out a few times, cannot find the issue. Gonna try to remove the door panel and check in there. It's really distracting when I'm driving because I don't listen to the radio very much.

corneliusrox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm having the same issue as others. Metallic rattling from passenger foot well/door area. Seems to react to road vibration and not engine vibration. Had the kick panel out a few times, cannot find the issue. Gonna try to remove the door panel and check in there. It's really distracting when I'm driving because I don't listen to the radio very much.
This perfectly describes my issue as well. It's gotten slightly louder in the last month, and becomes noticeable at around 65mph, but much worse at 80mph.

I think it's somewhere at the front passenger side fender, but I can't find it for sure. I'm tempted to take the fender liner off and see if that takes away the noise. It seems like the fender liners in these cars are extremely loose whether they are brand new or not.

Any updates on a fix?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Mine is doing the same damn thing. Passenger side. Anyone figure this out?

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Same thing here. Started over the weekend. Sounds like lower dash or door to dash area and only above 50mph.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I insulated the owners manual tray so it is very snug now. I also did the sides of the glove compartment itself that were mentioned. I am still getting a rattle when the car is warm and under throttle only. Maybe it's a heat shield or something.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm getting a rattle in my drivers side door, if I press on the speaker mesh it goes away instantly. I think I'll have the dealer take a look at it next time I get a chance.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Ok, here's what I did and now my rattle is gone. Three things to check.
1) If you look under the rocker panel on the passenger side, you'll notice a plastic panel that runs the length of the rocker. Towards the front there are a few rectangular holes. These allowed several large rocks to flip up in there. So, I cleared those out.
2) If you look at the passenger front inner fender, at the bottom rear edge, toward the inside, you'll notice there's about a 1/4" gap between it and another panel right behind it. I tapped on the inner fender there and noticed it made more noise than I was expecting. I assumed at higher speeds, the air could push the inner fender back and cause it to rattle against the other panel. So, I slightly bend the plastic inner fender forward, giving it more space.
3) I had that same inner fender out last weekend to run some wiring to the battery and probably got over a cup of rocks out of there as well. But, I would try 1 and 2 first.

corneliusrox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I found the rattle. Now to find a fix...

The place where the a-pillar and the front fender meat is loose. I checked and all the fasteners are on tight, so I'm not sure what has changed...

I bought a paint pen, but I'm not going to paint it until I solve the issue, which I need to do before winter because I don't want any rust.

I also did some ABA testing to make sure I could turn the rattle on and off. It's definitely these two making contact.

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I've had a rattle, its a mix of metallic and plastic over the past few weeks since I put on my coilovers. I've checked over everything, and it comes from either the passenger door meets the dash area. I've pulled the tire off, checked my coilover, nothing there cause its all tight and bolted in like its supposed to be. gotta be somewhere in the right side of the dash or the door. And it only happens when I enter my driveway usually. 3 small insignificant bumps cause this rattle. along with the one in the C pillar where the rear passenger air bag deploys from
Sponsored