OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Thanks. I couldn't tell from that side photo where the channel went. Your pic shows it clearly open at the bottom.
No problem. Clearly these tanks vent to the outside but some don’t want to believe it. Haha
Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
At the end of the day, coolant is not dumped externally, OEM.
That comment posted this far along the conversation says a few things:

1. You don't know what your talking about, but willing to give advice. It means you don't know what you don't know. I tried to explain to you in a nice way how you may have been misinformed, but you just dismissed it, which brings me on to:

2. You don't bother to read other peoples replies to you. I told you how the OEM tank worked on page 2, as did other people. I even walked out to my garage and took photos to upload to show you.

You were wrong about basically everything you said. So maybe just relax and read what people wrote, and try and appreciate what you don't know.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Does this have any performance benefit whatsoever?

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Nope. 100% aesthetics. But do you really need another reason? Reeaaalllyyy? Do you thoouugghh?
yeah actually. Performance matters more to me than looks. Although looks always play a role, just second place. But that’s a personal thing for me. I know lots of guys who want the car to look a certain way, so no big deal. Enjoy it. It looks good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this have any performance benefit whatsoever?
No I did it to clear my Cobrajet setup and give the bay a better look. The CJ setup has made this car amazing NA. Can’t complain about 540whp with bolt on parts.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
No I did it to clear my Cobrajet setup and give the bay a better look. The CJ setup has made this car amazing NA. Can’t complain about 540whp with bolt on parts.
what was the biggest gains from adding the cobra jet? Did you pick up any Torque gain?

how was the curve?

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what was the biggest gains from adding the cobra jet? Did you pick up any Torque gain?

how was the curve?
It made 460tq. Curve was pretty good. I installed some billet OPG/CS and spin it to 8600-8700ish on the street. I posted a thread in here months back on what it did.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I never liked the fact that you lose support on the bottom of the stock expansion tank, thus, making the tank solely rely on the top mounting tabs where it flexes with the PMAS, or any tank that forgoes the bottom mount. My only other gripe is that it uses a 60 year old design pressure cap. This is just my opinion.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My only other gripe is that it uses a 60 year old design pressure cap. This is just my opinion.
Uugghhh…right?!?!? I hate it. Literally stopping me from buying it right now. Petty, I know. Trying to get past it, LOL.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My only other gripe is that it uses a 60 year old design pressure cap. This is just my opinion.
Uugghhh…right?!?!? I hate it. Literally stopping me from buying it right now. Petty, I know. Trying to get past it, LOL.
You could add some race car cool … ?

1635600548845.jpeg

WD :like:

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I never liked the fact that you lose support on the bottom of the stock expansion tank, thus, making the tank solely rely on the top mounting tabs where it flexes with the PMAS, or any tank that forgoes the bottom mount. My only other gripe is that it uses a 60 year old design pressure cap. This is just my opinion.
The weight of the new tank is not much at all. It’s really a non issue for support. No matter what, to me the stock tank is absolutely hideous and had to get rid of it to aid in making the bay look better with the CJ setup. I took the advice of the guy that believes coolant is not dumped overboard OEM and painted the bracket haha

5EE1A2FF-3201-46D9-BE13-D9DA3B840439.jpeg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I took the advice of the guy that believes coolant is not dumped overboard
Wut? Lol. If its over pressurized it dumps onto mother earth right here.
20211030_144900_HDR~2.jpg

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Nope. 100% aesthetics. But do you really need another reason? Reeaaalllyyy? Do you thoouugghh?
The benefit is clearance. You give up a little expansion volume for a tank that sits more skinny/vertical allowing for aftermarket components that put a dimensional squeeze on the area.

I'm running a Whipple Gen 5, Mishimoto and a JLT 3.0. All fits with no contact. The stock "grenade" probably wouldn't have.

I also like that the Radium tank is 2 piece with a fastened gasket joint (rather than welded, which works when done properly but tends to leak when poor quality control is present).

The radium tank features swirl pot internal baffling which supposedly helps to release aeration from the coolant as it collects to be recirc'd.
Sponsored