Sponsored

Mishimoto expansion tank compatibility

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can the passenger side FP oil/air separator be used with the Mishimoto expansion tank?
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Yes it can. It's a tight fit and I have to loosen the expansion tank to move it out of the way every time I empty the catch can but it fits without any issues. I've had it on for 4 years and it's held up to lots of abuse. No issues at all.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. I had it on my '15 GT and liked it a lot so it was the first thing I did to the '19. I'll look into a different oil separator though.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yes it can. It's a tight fit and I have to loosen the expansion tank to move it out of the way every time I empty the catch can but it fits without any issues. I've had it on for 4 years and it's held up to lots of abuse. No issues at all.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg
Seems like that setup would potentially create false knock with those items being so close together?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I put Velcro on my catch can to keep the metals apart.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Seems like that setup would potentially create false knock with those items being so close together?
False knock? Do you mean it might make a knocking type sound from the vibrations? If that's what you're thinking, I can assure you that they don't move at all and don't make any sounds. It's a tight fit but it's sturdy and I haven't had any issues. The only issue is how annoying it is to empty.

If I misunderstood you, what do you mean by "false knock"?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
False knock? Do you mean it might make a knocking type sound from the vibrations? If that's what you're thinking, I can assure you that they don't move at all and don't make any sounds. It's a tight fit but it's sturdy and I haven't had any issues. The only issue is how annoying it is to empty.

I do believe your first sentence is the "false knock" he was referring to.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Yes, what you indicated first is what I was referring to in relation to potentially causing false knock to occur if those banged together while driving. The factory knock sensors can be pretty sensitive so anything hitting together can potentially cause that and have the computer pull timing thinking that the car is knocking when it's really not.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Yes, what you indicated first is what I was referring to in relation to potentially causing false knock to occur if those banged together while driving. The factory knock sensors can be pretty sensitive so anything hitting together can potentially cause that and have the computer pull timing thinking that the car is knocking when it's really not.
Ahh okay got it. I didn't think that could affect the knock sensors. I'm pretty sure it's not doing anything like that though because it's been installed for so long and I've done quite a few track days without any issues or feelings of pulled timing. The car still pulls hard af all day long on track. The catch can is up against the overflow tank so tightly that it doesn't rattle or shake at all.
Sponsored