Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Look inside where your cats face is..... I can see it when I zoom in on the picture.

I know about the (square)port, and you're thinking that is the way coolant is blown over board?

I could take a picture of the underside to prove it, but it's simply unnecessary .

Replaced the football with the Steeda/Moroso tank. I can assure that is not its purpose...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I know about the (square)port, and you're thinking that is the way coolant is blown over board?

Replaced the football with the Steeda/Moroso tank. I can assure that is not its purpose...
So after 21 psi where does the pressure /coolant go in an overheat situation? It’s the same design as the Radium. Just the radium has a line attached to it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So after 21 psi where does the pressure /coolant go in an overheat situation? It’s the same design as the Radium. Just the radium has a line attached to it.
As I understand, the function is of a recovery tank. Expanded liquid fills into the tank, level rises, cools sucks back into the motor.

The reason you do not fill it full .

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I understand, the function is of a recovery tank. Expanded liquid fills into the tank, level rises, cools sucks back into the motor.

I know the level rises as it gets warm. But the systems are rated at the caps to blow off once the limit is reached. If they didn’t give, you’d blow end tanks or lines completely off.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350

Yes that is what a recovery tank does. An expansion tank is not a recovery tank. I've already explained it on page 1 in this thread. The S550 uses and expansion tank, not a recovery tank.

In old cars, the top of the radiator was the 'expansion tank' if you will. They didn't use to fill the radiator to the top to allow for expansion. Then recovery tanks came along. It meant that you could fill the radiator to the top, and expansion would lead to the coolant spewing to the recovery tank. Once cooled it would suck back into the radiator.

The expansion tanks came along. An expansion tank is like the top of a radiator. It's part of the pressurised cooling system, unlike a recovery tank. The expansion tank also allowed continual bleeding of the cooling system, as it is part of it. The reason it is not full is because it doesnt have to be. It's not like a radiator in the old setups that you want to be full to enhance cooling. You can fill it to the top if you like, but you will then need to add a recovery tank and a recovery type cap.

The Radium tank functions exactly like the oem tank, except for being a smaller volume.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know the level rises as it gets warm. But the systems are rated at the caps to blow off once the limit is reached. If they didn’t give, you’d blow end tanks or lines completely off.
Yes the cap is vented, I hope "cap blow off " is meant as pressure release, if not I'm LMAO

Done

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the cap is vented, I hope "cap blow off " is meant as pressure release, if not I'm LMAO

Done
Yes, that’s just how I phrased it. I don’t mean the cap actually comes off. Guess me using “blow off” comes from all the turbo cars I’ve had over the years.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew he was going to be “that guy” on my thread when he said back on page 1 that the FP oil separator would not fit... This tank is smaller than the factory bubble in every dimension. I needed it because the PMAS intake is large and moves the the coolant tank over a bunch. The factory bubble looks terrible and even more terrible how I had to place it to clear the whole Cobra jet setup.
615AB136-B0B2-44BC-9D36-F60971D38BEA.jpeg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I knew he was going to be “that guy” on my thread when he said back on page 1 that the FP oil separator would not fit... This tank is smaller than the factory bubble in every dimension. I needed it because the PMAS intake is large and moves the the coolant tank over a bunch. The factory bubble looks terrible and even more terrible how I had to place it to clear the whole Cobra jet setup.
615AB136-B0B2-44BC-9D36-F60971D38BEA.jpeg
'

Other guy, you if confused.

Looking at the original photo the distance, head and back of the funky ass box, was lacking the clearance.

Then the finger pointing down into don't know what, what is down there BTW..... ?

At the end of the day, coolant is not dumped externally, OEM.

Suggestion, paint the mounting bracket black the box is mounted to. Not the angled bridge girder looking deal. Will clean the look up and make the box look like it belongs .

Like this
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.33.12 AM.png

Smoothing the ruffled feathers, the machine work done was decent.

Good luck

Really done

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I think this is the function in question. The opening under the cap flows to a channel going down the backside of the tank. Where that overflow goes when it hits the seam, I don't know. Someone can explain.

IMG_0584-a.jpeg

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'

Other guy, you if confused.

Looking at the original photo the distance, head and back of the funky ass box, was lacking the clearance.

Then the finger pointing down into don't know what, what is down there BTW..... ?

At the end of the day, coolant is not dumped externally, OEM.

Suggestion, paint the mounting bracket black the box is mounted to. Not the angled bridge girder looking deal. Will clean the look up and make the box look like it belongs .

Like this
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.33.12 AM.png

Smoothing the ruffled feathers, the machine work done was decent.

Good luck

Really done
No it was definitely you on the first page saying it won’t work, you were positive about that and were corrected many times on this post. Doesn’t dump coolant externally huh? Ok.. over 21 psi it has to go somewhere..

image.jpg

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even the precious Moroso tank has the same feature. Says it in their specs.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this is the function in question. The opening under the cap flows to a channel going down the backside of the tank. Where that overflow goes when it hits the seam, I don't know. Someone can explain.

IMG_0584-a.jpeg
Doesn’t go back to the tank. Clearly goes to outside. It’s the vent for pressure/coolant to escape if need be.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Doesn’t go back to the tank. Clearly goes to outside. It’s the vent for pressure/coolant to escape if need be.
Thanks. I couldn't tell from that side photo where the channel went. Your pic shows it clearly open at the bottom.
Sponsored