Sponsored

Performance pack or Not? Help me decide!

OP
OP

Scstang04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your choice of tires and rims might not fit with brembo front brakes. But that can be fixed.So check on the combo you want to run. You may not like a miss matched interior either. Running twin turbos i would definately want the pp1 or 2 for the gauge cluster because it comes with gauges you need like cylinder head temp and vacuum/boost. Oil temp also. The rear differential housing is beefier withe a pp1 or2 .The torsen differential acts like a spool under load, and these two items only come with pp equiped cars. The rear half shafts are said to be stronger. So IMHO pick your favorite three colors, and hunt for the car you want. It is no big deal to buy a car out of state. After finding what you want and thoroughly checking its condition by video and records, take time off, get on a plane if you have to and go get it. I have flown from Minneapolis to Vegas to buy a car, and from Palm Springs CA to Georgia to buy a motorhome and drove them home.
Thank you for this
Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I wouldn't get this car without magneride, and that requires pp1 and 301a

The stock pp1 wheels are too skinny for FI but they're passable as a placeholder until you get some 11 inchers for the rear, while the stock base Corolla 235s are not safe with a boosted car.

I have no idea why the widest pp1 replica wheels are just 10" tho, it's ridiculous

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
For me, PP1 was a no brainer, and I found a new car that was optioned exactly like I wanted ('18 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Magneride, Safe and smart, Ingot silver). I like everything the PP1 comes with, and that is a lot. I didn't want to modify it after buying it, and I wanted Magneride for the better ride/handling. I also really like the black PP1 wheels and massive Brembos in the front. I get a lot of compliments on the wheels (and the car in general). Also, the spoiler really improves the already great looking rear-end, and the more aggressive front splitter is better looking than the base. Not to mention all of the other upgrades: larger radiator, larger rear sway bar, stiffer front springs, strut tower brace, gauge pack, torsen rear diff., K brace, the aluminum instrument panel, and people always forget the updated chassis, EPAS, ABS, and stability control tuning over the base. Considering I paid well under msrp, the PP1 didn't cost me sticker so it was even more of a good buy.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
You absolutely don't need PP for a street car, twin turbo or not. If it were me I would buy a used car a few years old since the warranty isn't going to be there after you add the turbos. Save the money for sticky tires and drive train upgrades such as stronger half axles.
right on point. I’d only add same the change for some rear end suspensions. I’d skip the Premium. If you’re patience you can find a good deal on some upgraded brembos new or even used.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would NOT get the PP if I had to do it all over again. You can buy the upgrades (6-pot, suspension, rollbars, k-brace) separately and at considerably less money. That said, you should be able to get a healthy discount on 2019 leftovers so the factory upgrades become "free". On that basis, sure get the PP1 AND magneride.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you’re like me and like to buy a bunch of aftermarket parts then do not get the performance pack because I ended up changing 90% of the parts that come with a performance pack

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
So I’m planning to buy a 2018-19 mustang GT, 10 speed automatic with the intent of twin turbo’ing it as a weekend highway fun car. I know I want leather seats, and I would like to have the performance pack as well... problem is, I can’t seem to find a GT with Automatic trans, leather seats And PP within hundreds of miles of my house. Not to mention a color I would like...

So here are some of my thoughts:

1: buy one with PP but cloth seats and possibly try to find leather seats to put in it later, Or...

2: buy one with leather seats and no performance pack.

The real question is: do I need the performance pack options for a highway car? I could always buy brembo brakes for about 1500 aftermarket and install myself. Other than brakes, what am I really getting in PP that would benefit me? I’ll be replacing wheels no matter what, so keep that in mind.

All thoughts and advice will be appreciated!!
Think about what you would end up doing to the car and if you find that eventually you’d replace all of the “performance” upgrades, save yourself some money on the front end.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I find it hard to believe you cant find one in NC. I went to visit my parents in Belmont and drove home with a 19 pp1. Went there with the intent to get one. There were loads all around the Charlotte area. Mine was from Keith Hawthorne Ford in Belmont. Excellent, smooth transaction. They got the car from a sister lot. Also, weird but they offer a lifetime powertrain as long as the service is done by dealers and they inspect the car every five years. However..... I like doing my own services and aftermarket modifications. So thats out for me.

SnowTyres

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP+
My general opinion about purchases of this size: It's a lot of money, so get it the way you want it.

If you're set on adding a turbo system, I agree with the guys above that you should definitely get a USED car. You're going to void the warranty as soon as you mod the engine.

At $5195 you're basically paying for wheels, tires and the upgraded brakes - and you get all the suspension upgrades and stiffening parts "for free," but see below about picking up some of these parts on eBay.

Read up on the forums: Replicating the Premium package is a pain because everything is integrated in the factory electronics and it has different wiring than the non-Premium car. Unfortunately, they don't just stick the same wiring harnesses in and tuck away the unused plugs/wires. Some companies sell Sync 3 upgrade kits but they cost $1500-1800. BLIS mirrors and heated/cooled require different modules to be added or wired into the BCM, etc.
- If you want all the niceties in the Premium, it's worth the money.

However, if all you want from the Premium is the leather seats and you don't care about the heated/cooled seats - Shelby sells the leather seat covers they take off from every GT350 and GT500 conversion they do on their eBay store, along with a bunch of other GT and some PP parts - such as the strut tower braces and PP wheel/tire packages - at a big discount.

FYI, I know it's a manual, which is probably a deal breaker for you, but for the price of a new GT with all that stuff you could get a GT350 with less than 25K miles and have a chunk of change left over - and it would put the GT to shame in both straight lines and on the track!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
The Performance Pack is now $5195 for 2020!