Sponsored

New Embargo'd Aero/Cooling Info- Released today.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
See above, low counter means nothing.
Of course, why would Ford even bother to put it in training material for dealers specifically related to warranty? How silly of me.

do you want take a wager on any of that?
You're doing a pretty good job of proving that you don't.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Abnormal is up to the dealer / Ford. But an ignition counter at say.. 20 on a vehicle with 15,000 miles will trigger a red flag, I'm sure. So if they see that without a record of a recent reflash being done at the dealer it's a pretty good reason for them to deny warranty.

Sure, there's the odd dealer out there that will overlook some stuff to get a warranty.. but if they get audited by Ford it can incur some hefty charges, so it's generally in the dealer's best interest to follow Ford guidelines.
Worth asking here because it came up, but is there a max on that ignition counter and what exactly triggers it? One of my friends had me under the impression it was somewhere around 100 (clearly not as the image indicates 357) and that it was just cycles of hitting the start button and not necessarily fulling starting the car. Any idea on that?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Does the GT500 use a single piece CF driveshaft, or is it still a multi-piece steel one? Depending on the rear-end gear ratio, the driveshaft speed might be a limiting factor.

Tires can also be a factor as well, although I suspect that isn't the case with the stock tires on this car.

The transmission ratios might be a factor, too. On the GT350, the car is limited to ~180 because that is where 5th gear tops out (it isn't governed electronically, just limited by drag, powerband, and gearing). 6th gear is too tall and the car will actually be slower. Not sure what the DCT gear ratios are, but that might also have something to do with it.

-T

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
GT500 driveshaft should be single CF tube with billet inserts, each with a cv joint attached to it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Does the GT500 use a single piece CF driveshaft, or is it still a multi-piece steel one? Depending on the rear-end gear ratio, the driveshaft speed might be a limiting factor.

Tires can also be a factor as well, although I suspect that isn't the case with the stock tires on this car.

The transmission ratios might be a factor, too. On the GT350, the car is limited to ~180 because that is where 5th gear tops out (it isn't governed electronically, just limited by drag, powerband, and gearing). 6th gear is too tall and the car will actually be slower. Not sure what the DCT gear ratios are, but that might also have something to do with it.

-T
Funny you mention it. At speed, i found 6th gear will maintain at the higher end of speed. Agreed it's not a pulling gear, but it would be an effective way to maintain speed without running at near 8250.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Of course, why would Ford even bother to put it in training material for dealers specifically related to warranty? How silly of me.

You're doing a pretty good job of proving that you don't.
Your taking 1 indicator and making it seem like its a definitive reason to deny a claim, which it is NOT. as the flow chart will surely tell you. does it have a low counter? yes. is the calibration modified? no. then accept the work. its a very very simple process for those of us that know what we are talkin about. its very complicated for the internet heroes that want to seem more intelligent than they are

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Your taking 1 indicator and making it seem like its a definitive reason to deny a claim, which it is NOT. as the flow chart will surely tell you. does it have a low counter? yes. is the calibration modified? no. then accept the work. its a very very simple process for those of us that know what we are talkin about. its very complicated for the internet heroes that want to seem more intelligent than they are
Such as yourself that doesn’t work or know the industry. You sir are the Internet hero.
You’re the one hung up on 1 indicator. Bolts!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey, I know that guy driving! (No it's not me)

But realistically, why would top speed matter?
Probably for marketing. Plenty of GT350, Ferrari, etc, etc buyers never go faster than a V6 Camaro can. I absotutely guarantee that very few of THOSE people would have bought said GT350, Ferrari, etc if it had a top speed no more than a V6 Camaro. And their money tastes as good to the car maker as the true enthusiasts'. A Lower top speed will sell fewer cars than a higher one, regardless how useful it is. If Ford does limit the top speed voluntarily, I suspect the real reason is not a good thing.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Such as yourself that doesn’t work or know the industry. You sir are the Internet hero.
You’re the one hung up on 1 indicator. Bolts!
im far more experienced in this realm than you, i assure you. I have yet to have a warranty claim denied ;)

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
im far more experienced in this realm than you, i assure you. I have yet to have a warranty claim denied ;)
You’re a crook is what you are.
Modifications that you know caused you issues, in which you purposely removed because you know otherwise your warranty would be denied.
You were feared that having your mods on would deny your warranty and that is exactly why you removed them so you can get a free fix. You’re the kind of POS I dislike.

You’re the one who keeps talking dirty nuts and bolts and fascinated by them like their the first pair of tits you ever seen.

I myself, don’t use warranties and never had to. I also don’t rip people or others off and hide things for gains such as yourself.
I’m very well capable of doing all my repairs and service and “IF” I ever had a issue I would take full responsibility knowing the chance I took when modifying my vehicles.

I work in this industry, you’re just a backyard hack that looks up things on the Internet and post them as you find what benefits your shallow words.
Good for you.

I’ll be laughing my ass off when it back fires on you and you’re stuck with the bill.

I’m done littering this thread with your bullshit.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Modifications that you know caused you issues, in which you purposely removed because you know otherwise your warranty would be denied.
You were feared that having your mods on would deny your warranty and that is exactly why you removed them so you can get a free fix. You’re the kind of POS I dislike.

You’re the one who keeps talking dirty nuts and bolts and fascinated by them like their the first pair of tits you ever seen.

I myself, don’t use warranties and never had to. I also don’t rip people or others off and hide things for gains such as yourself.
I’m very well capable of doing all my repairs and service and “IF” I ever had a issue I would take full responsibility knowing the chance I took when modifying my vehicles.

I work in this industry, you’re just a backyard hack that looks up things on the Internet and post them as you find what benefits your shallow words.
Good for you.

I’ll be laughing my ass off when it back fires on you and you’re stuck with the bill.

So, you're admitting that V00D00 is correct after all your insistence that he was full of shit? And now you resort to the straw man argument about warranty abuse? Bravo Sir, bravo.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Good for you.

I never said that what i modified was responsible for what necessitated a warranty claim, only ive modified vehicles and still never had a claim denied. pretty sure steering angle sensors and such are not affected by hp lolol.. but the guy below gets it . thanks for proving my point though :x

So, you're admitting that V00D00 is correct after all your insistence that he was full of shit? And now you resort to the straw man argument about warranty abuse? Bravo Sir, bravo.
hes an internet expert, what else did you expect

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
No I did not admit to anything he said except he’s a crook. No where did I say he’s right.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
You have selective memory.
Remember what I said in post 64?

You’re the one who kept saying you’ll remove aftermarket parts if you need warranty work.

You’re also the same one that thinks a tune can be erased by putting it back to stock and clearing the codes.

You’re not bright at all.

Like I said, if a non related parts goes bad and it is still under warranty sure it’ll get replaced most likely.
No where did I say anything about hp adders denying a steering angle sensor.
But if you had aftermarket suspension parts, sure it could very well cause denying a warranty. Depends on dealer.

But if you think a car comes in with a blown engine and the ecu shows history of a aftermarket tune, I don’t care if you put the stock tune back in or not. It still shows a aftermarket tune was loaded.
And out the door it goes and no warranty kiddo.

Stop talking shit and trying to make yourself look good because it’s not working.

I never said that what i modified was responsible for what necessitated a warranty claim, only ive modified vehicles and still never had a claim denied. pretty sure steering angle sensors and such are not affected by hp lolol.. but the guy below gets it . thanks for proving my point though :x

hes an internet expert, what else did you expect

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Get a room you two.
Sponsored