Sponsored

New Embargo'd Aero/Cooling Info- Released today.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Dude, youre ignorant.
You most certainly can tell when someone has had something apart. And yes, if it’s been apart and put back together it shows.

You’re not a bright as you think you are.
Not to mention, nearly every single mod on a modern car needs a tune. So don’t tell me we can’t find it or tell when it’s been tampered.
what you know, what you can prove are not equals. Even worse, what you think ford is going to deny based on non-modified modificactions.. this isnt my first rodeo.. and as a "tech" you should know better
Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
what you know, what you can prove are not equals. Even worse, what you think ford is going to deny based on non-modified modificactions.. this isnt my first rodeo.. and as a "tech" you should know better
Great I’m being taught by a know it all. I’m sorry kid I’ll take all your knowledge and wisdom and follow your book.
Guess who has the power to decline your warranty?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Great I’m being taught by a know it all. I’m sorry kid I’ll take all your knowledge and wisdom and follow your book.
Guess who has the power to decline your warranty?
ok, you are right. clean bolts can void my warranty now.. and you, the service manager has overall authority. im sorry to have disrespected you. ill be sure to maintain a dirty engine bay and underbody as to be within fords warranty procedures, and to obey all service department commands, as dealerships are known to have the most intellectual and trained technicians on staff. You win the internet argument, even though reality doesnt side with you

** edit, do you even work for ford? seems you dont know a lot of basic information, or have access to it, given your previous posts.. makes me wonder.. Cant decode a VIN, not sure that a QA1 driveshaft /CV joint isnt supposed to leak, an 18 R has 22 miles on it.. are you arguing just for the sake of arguing now? or LARPing? I think your larping.. "im a mechanic, we know when you modified things"

yea buddy, i see you've dealt with a lot of warranty work :)

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
ok, you are right. clean bolts can void my warranty now.. and you, the service manager has overall authority. im sorry to have disrespected you. ill be sure to maintain a dirty engine bay and underbody as to be within fords warranty procedures, and to obey all service department commands, as dealerships are known to have the most intellectual and trained technicians on staff. You win the internet argument, even though reality doesnt side with you

** edit, do you even work for ford? seems you dont know a lot of basic information, or have access to it, given your previous posts.. makes me wonder.. Cant decode a VIN, not sure that a QA1 driveshaft /CV joint isnt supposed to leak, an 18 R has 22 miles on it.. are you arguing just for the sake of arguing now? or LARPing? I think your larping.. "im a mechanic, we know when you modified things"

yea buddy, i see you've dealt with a lot of warranty work :)
Listen buddy.
Show me on a new Mustang where the vin tells if it’s a gt350 or gt350R. Nowhere in the vin does it show a “R” like it used to in the past.

I know the cv joints are not supposed to leak, I clearly asked if anyone else ever had the issue!
You’re the dumb ass that’s saying it can’t be determined if a car’s been worked on or not. You’re the one that keeps talking bolts and nuts.

I’m telling you for a FACT that I myself, others, ford, GM, dodge, Lexus, Honda, mb, Porsche, Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, you name it, can tell when a vehicle has been worked or and or modified!
Did I say that they will decline a warranty? No.
But I am saying it that if it gives reason or cause to the issues then yes it can be declined warranty repair.
You’re a back yard tinkerer that works on this own car and think you have all the knowledge.
Don’t tell me you’re so ignorant that you don’t know almost all mods on modern vehicles require a tune. And don’t tell me a tune doesn’t void warranty.
If you put a intake manifold, headers, cams, etc on your car and the alternator goes bad while it’s still under warranty, sure it’ll most likely get a new alternator.
Put a supercharger on your car and the alternator goes bad, some dealers may decline the alternator warranty replacement.
As an example, Are you really going to remove a supercharger and take a car back to the dealer for a alternator warranty? I highly doubt it.

If your engine blows and you have a supercharger on it, and you decide to pull the supercharger and put it all back to stock to try and get a engine warranty claim, good luck. Because we will know it’s been worked on. And again the ecu shows it had a tune. Even if you put it back to stock.
And yes, the nuts and bolts tell a story.

Let’s say the only mod to your whole car is just a tune. And the engine blows.
Sorry dude your shit out of luck. You’re declined a replacement.

Let’s say you run E85 and the injectors or fuel pump or engine have failed or issues.
Sorry dude your shit out of luck. You’re declined.

So don’t tell me I’m wrong.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
In almost all cases a dealer is not going to VOID your warranty because the car looks like it has been worked on. However if they can tell that you have tuned it at any time, 95% chance or greater they will VOID your warranty / deny the repair.

Sponsored

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
In almost all cases a dealer is not going to VOID your warranty because the car looks like it has been worked on. However if they can tell that you have tuned it at any time, 95% chance or greater they will VOID your warranty / deny the repair.
Is it just if your car has been tuned or if the tune affects the part that you are trying to get warrantied? I have a tuned ecoboost and was wondering for the futrue just incase

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Listen buddy.
Show me on a new Mustang where the vin tells if it’s a gt350 or gt350R. Nowhere in the vin does it show a “R” like it used to in the past.

I know the cv joints are not supposed to leak, I clearly asked if anyone else ever had the issue!
You’re the dumb ass that’s saying it can’t be determined if a car’s been worked on or not. You’re the one that keeps talking bolts and nuts.

I’m telling you for a FACT that I myself, others, ford, GM, dodge, Lexus, Honda, mb, Porsche, Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, you name it, can tell when a vehicle has been worked or and or modified!
Did I say that they will decline a warranty? No.
But I am saying it that if it gives reason or cause to the issues then yes it can be declined warranty repair.
You’re a back yard tinkerer that works on this own car and think you have all the knowledge.
Don’t tell me you’re so ignorant that you don’t know almost all mods on modern vehicles require a tune. And don’t tell me a tune doesn’t void warranty.
If you put a intake manifold, headers, cams, etc on your car and the alternator goes bad while it’s still under warranty, sure it’ll most likely get a new alternator.
Put a supercharger on your car and the alternator goes bad, some dealers may decline the alternator warranty replacement.
As an example, Are you really going to remove a supercharger and take a car back to the dealer for a alternator warranty? I highly doubt it.

If your engine blows and you have a supercharger on it, and you decide to pull the supercharger and put it all back to stock to try and get a engine warranty claim, good luck. Because we will know it’s been worked on. And again the ecu shows it had a tune. Even if you put it back to stock.
And yes, the nuts and bolts tell a story.

Let’s say the only mod to your whole car is just a tune. And the engine blows.
Sorry dude your shit out of luck. You’re declined a replacement.

Let’s say you run E85 and the injectors or fuel pump or engine have failed or issues.
Sorry dude your shit out of luck. You’re declined.

So don’t tell me I’m wrong.
And you think a tuned person is going to bring it to the dealer still tuned? Its not what you think you know, its what you can prove. I brought in a stock car, it has a warranty. fix it, or explain to me, the internet, and the lawyers why your not

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Is it just if your car has been tuned or if the tune affects the part that you are trying to get warrantied? I have a tuned ecoboost and was wondering for the futrue just incase
If you are modified, your best bet is to A- take ownership of the fault being yours, or B- return everything back to stock before going to the dealer

Some dealers will not care about XYZ mods, if it didnt affect what broke/your claim. Others will " your trans blew up because you had an aftermarket air intake on the car". Others will be objective, but still annotate what IS modded at the time for future reference, while still warrantying the claimed issues ( if not actually directly related to issue). And some very friendly dealers will warranty anything

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
And you think a tuned person is going to bring it to the dealer still tuned? Its not what you think you know, its what you can prove. I brought in a stock car, it has a warranty. fix it, or explain to me, the internet, and the lawyers why your not
You know that the dealer can tell that a tune was flashed to the car, right? It gets flagged in the ECM when it's been flashed, and that value can't be modified.

See section B: https://ford.oemdtc.com/GSB/G0000128.pdf

Of course it doesn't automatically void your warranty, but it gives them a hell of a lot of ammo to deny any powertrain related warranty.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You know that the dealer can tell that a tune was flashed to the car, right? It gets flagged in the ECM when it's been flashed, and that value can't be modified.

See section B: https://ford.oemdtc.com/GSB/G0000128.pdf

Of course it doesn't automatically void your warranty, but it gives them a hell of a lot of ammo to deny any powertrain related warranty.
Easy, like i said, back to stock, stock tune, clear codes if present with tuner

1: Define abnormal
2: Stock calibration loaded
3: OBD tuner ( no connections)

chart.JPG
chart 2.JPG

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase

Abnormal is up to the dealer / Ford. But an ignition counter at say.. 20 on a vehicle with 15,000 miles will trigger a red flag, I'm sure. So if they see that without a record of a recent reflash being done at the dealer it's a pretty good reason for them to deny warranty.

Sure, there's the odd dealer out there that will overlook some stuff to get a warranty.. but if they get audited by Ford it can incur some hefty charges, so it's generally in the dealer's best interest to follow Ford guidelines.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Abnormal is up to the dealer / Ford. But an ignition counter at say.. 20 on a vehicle with 15,000 miles will trigger a red flag, I'm sure. So if they see that without a record of a recent reflash being done at the dealer it's a pretty good reason for them to deny warranty.

Sure, there's the odd dealer out there that will overlook some stuff to get a warranty.. but if they get audited by Ford it can incur some hefty charges, so it's generally in the dealer's best interest to follow Ford guidelines.
interesting, i guess i just changed my battery then

https://mustangforums.com/how-tos/a/ford-mustang-gt-2005-2014-how-to-reset-your-ecu-405381

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

You’re wasting your time with this idiot. He’s Fords boss.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
You know that just clears short term fuel trims, radio presets, stuff like that, right? There's data in the ECM that's kept through a power loss or some simple reset procedure. And it's also 05-14, not current gen cars. You have no idea how modern car engine and body control modules work, do you?

Eh, it's entertaining.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

chart.JPG
chart 2.JPG

See above, low counter means nothing.

Says the man that can follow Fords own flow chart.
You know that just clears short term fuel trims, radio presets, stuff like that, right? There's data in the ECM that's kept through a power loss or some simple reset procedure. And it's also 05-14, not current gen cars. You have no idea how modern car engine and body control modules work, do you?

Eh, it's entertaining.
do you want take a wager on any of that?
Sponsored