Sponsored

2020 GT500 Curb Weight and Dimensions Released

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
A number of posts have been deleted because they are degrading into trolling and personal attacks. If it continues, some accounts might be placed on moderated status, which means every future post will need an approval to show.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The wieght of the GT 500 is becoming irrelevant since it doesn't seem to be interfering with it's performance. I'd take a few extra pounds to be able to stay cool and not loose hp due to heat soak!

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I would highly advise not jumping on the "OH MY GOD THE GT500 ACTUALLY PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER AFTER HAIR SPLITTING AND SEMANTICS ABOUT NEGATING PARASITIC LOSS FOR THE SUPERCHARGER AND I'M GOING TO USE THIS AS CLICK BAIT ON YOUTUBE!" bandwagon.

760 horsepower claimed at the flywheel. Period, end of story.
Yeah I'm aware of that, thanks. I used that figure in the same context the Ford rep did, which was in relation to cooling. The confidence they showed in the product - for them to say it's something you can borderline abuse tank after tank speaks volumes, and that's due to the extra mass and volume of the cooling system... but we're complaining about weight.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think people are forgetting this is the BASE C8, not a GS, Z06 or a ZR1.
LT1 is the base c8 your picture clearly states the numbers are for the LT 2 c8
official-png.png

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah I'm aware of that, thanks. I used that figure in the same context the Ford rep did, which was in relation to cooling. The confidence they showed in the product - for them to say it's something you can borderline abuse tank after tank speaks volumes, and that's due to the extra mass and volume of the cooling system... but we're complaining about weight.
Ah I see now, the actual cooling effort capacity. I think that was just coincidence that 850 was around the same number some twat waffles on YouTube have being using as nonsensical click magnets to get people not thinking right.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's very impressive! It's also hard to believe but they did said they were really focused on the cooling systems of this car!

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Yep got me on that one read it wrong

I blame GM.

It's very confusing. LT1 engine, LT2 engine, 1LT Option, 2LT option, etc... bunch of beancounters.

People even think the Z51 is a different model, it's just an option.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
So the reason behind @YOLO not posting a URL to the actual document is because the snag is an (un)authorized leak?
I would have no way of knowing why Yolo did or did not post an url. I simply recognize the document because it is one I have used before. And I’ve seen other more detailed pics of the same document.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Yes, it's very impressive! It's also hard to believe but they did said they were really focused on the cooling systems of this car!
Somehow it's a flop though because I only want to race from one end of my block to the other.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I blame GM.

It's very confusing. LT1 engine, LT2 engine, 1LT Option, 2LT option, etc... bunch of beancounters.

People even think the Z51 is a different model, it's just an option.
Yup...LXX are engine RPOs, MXX are transmission RPOs, ZXX are suspension RPOs and also sometimes trim packages. That’s because Z/28, ZL1, and ZR1 all started as racing suspension packages and morphed into trim packages. ZR1 even spawned ZR2 truck performance trim options. Not confusing at all. :facepalm:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow it's a flop though because I only want to race from one end of my block to the other.
Even block to block you can get heat soak. I pull my car out of the garage and RIP on it all the way to the grocery store it stays nice and cool. When I come out and the supercharger has been sitting on top of the 200 degree engine for a hour it's all but the same temp as the engine. Granted once I get rolling my iat will go from 150 ish down to 110 pretty quick but they never go back down to 90 like they were on the way there. I can't wait for some real life data to see if the claims are legit!
Sponsored