Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
No they won’t. My question was just how much caster gain this system has.
You guys should do a new suspension thread and leave this one for the spy pictures.

I saw ~80 new messages and I thought it was 4 new pages worth of new pictures.

+1 I want to subscribe to that thread.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This was posted today.

Can anyone find out when the picture was taken?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Keller: Obviously I can't possibly know for sure but that photo looks to me like it's from the same batch we saw before the reveal. I don't think I grabbed that one as I don't see it on my drive but, FWIW, I'd bet it's old.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This was posted today.

Can anyone find out when the picture was taken?
Can't say when, but I probably know where. Very familiar looking intersection. This one has the newer taillights, so it can't be a 2019 GT350.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Can't say when, but I probably know where. Very familiar looking intersection. This one has the newer taillights, so it can't be a 2019 GT350.
It has a GT500 front end.
I assume it is a old photo but I don’t know.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No wing probably testing something new Mach 1 hopefully :ninja:
Testing a n/a CPC 5.2 V8 in an old GT500 mule. Hey, I can wish, right? ;)

This does appear to be one of the early GT500 prototypes though.........it's got the unusual side splitter extensions behind the front wheel......and doesn't have the GT350's vented front wing. If this IS a recent photo, it'd be a little odd for such an old prototype to be on the road when the production builds are underway.

As usual with Ford......more questions that answers!

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No wing probably testing something new Mach 1 hopefully :ninja:
Testing a n/a CPC 5.2 V8 in an old GT500 mule. Hey, I can wish, right? ;)

This does appear to be one of the early GT500 prototypes though.........it's got the unusual side splitter extensions behind the front wheel......and doesn't have the GT350's vented front wing. If this IS a recent photo, it'd be a little odd for such an old prototype to be on the road when the production builds are underway.

As usual with Ford......more questions that answers!
To me, the taillights offer more intrigue than answers. Neither the GT350 or GT500 use the 2018 taillights. That tells me that this is probably NOT an older test mule. That puts Mach 1 / Boss on the table. It could also be a Roush property. Roush can and does use manufacturer plates on their test vehicles.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
To me, the taillights offer more intrigue than answers. Neither the GT350 or GT500 use the 2018 taillights. That tells me that this is probably NOT an older test mule. That puts Mach 1 / Boss on the table. It could also be a Roush property. Roush can and does use manufacturer plates on their test vehicles.
Whilst I wish that were true (in terms of a Mach 1 / Boss)........in this instance I think it does still point to GT500 as the GT500 does use the '18+ tail lamps (although keeps the pre '18 headlamps). GT350 still uses the pre '15 head and tail lamps.

I'm still hoping for a Mach 1 though......a proper one (nothing related to the Mach E electric SUV which still gives me nightmares :( )

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whilst I wish that were true (in terms of a Mach 1 / Boss)........in this instance I think it does still point to GT500 as the GT500 does use the '18+ tail lamps (although keeps the pre '18 headlamps). GT350 still uses the pre '15 head and tail lamps.

I'm still hoping for a Mach 1 though......a proper one (nothing related to the Mach E electric SUV which still gives me nightmares :( )
You are absolutely correct. I was looking at my Woodward Cruise photos and I had actually incorrectly labeled one of the GT350R photos as a GT500. :headbang:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There's still this curious prototype. It was spotted back in April/May time. This one does definitely feature the '18+ front and rear so points to a GT variant of some description (the guy stated it was definitely a V8). It's not been spotted since though!.

The nearest I can think of is the recently announced Australia-only R-Spec.......but I would have thought development would have taken place in Oz rather than the US. My reasoning for thinking this......that rear spoiler on the prototype is pretty big and could well be the GT500 (non-carbon pack) spoiler seen on the R-Spec. I'm still hoping its a Mach 1 though!!!

S550 Prototype.jpg
R-Spec A.jpg
R-Spec B.jpg

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's still this curious prototype. It was spotted back in April/May time. This one does definitely feature the '18+ front and rear so points to a GT variant of some description (the guy stated it was definitely a V8). It's not been spotted since though!.

The nearest I can think of is the recently announced Australia-only R-Spec.......but I would have thought development would have taken place in Oz rather than the US. My reasoning for thinking this......that rear spoiler on the prototype is pretty big and could well be the GT500 (non-carbon pack) spoiler seen on the R-Spec. I'm still hoping its a Mach 1 though!!!

S550 Prototype.jpg
R-Spec A.jpg
R-Spec B.jpg
I remember that one. I think I even said back then that this is likely a Roush property.
Sponsored