Sponsored

May 2017 Mustang Sales

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Well at this point I'd wait for the 2018. I love everything about it but the engine bay and honestly, I don't look under the hood that much so I could live with it.

170117_0015_ford_764A0158-640x360.jpg

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
^^^
This is the first pic of the 18 that I actually liked.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Found out something interesting today. According to C6g. 1 in 3 Mustangs sold. Is a fleet sale.:lol:They almost win a month and are over there celebrating.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So 1k less, but Dodge dealers dont typically offer nearly as big of a discount on them as Ford and Chevy do on the Mustang and Camaro. At this point Dodge has paid off the tooling and whatnot for the current Challenger so they could, if they wanted to, drop some strong incentives and boost sales. Not sure that they will but it is possible.

Also interesting that the Charger is within spitting distance YTD of the Mustang
Considering how old the LX platform is, I'd say the tooling was paid off a long time ago, This is a pure profit car for FCA now, which they really need to stay viable, That's why I think they have not done a new generation, They are selling decently now and making a boatload of money per car, if they did an full update they would probably have to sell double to even approach the same level of profit, which they wont. The special editions like the Hellcat/demon cost next to nothing compared to developing a new car and don't require crash-testing or safety re certification. selling a 2-3 k supercharger kit for 30 k is good buisness

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
So 1k less, but Dodge dealers dont typically offer nearly as big of a discount on them as Ford and Chevy do on the Mustang and Camaro. At this point Dodge has paid off the tooling and whatnot for the current Challenger so they could, if they wanted to, drop some strong incentives and boost sales. Not sure that they will but it is possible.

Also interesting that the Charger is within spitting distance YTD of the Mustang
You would think so but it really isn't the case. There is some inefficiencies, additional content, and weight that keep that from be true from a technical cost perspective.

Because the architecture is so old it was priced when steel prices where alot higher. They have more steel to purchase than the Camaro or Mustang, and they use really big plan panels that means the pieces of steel they have to purchase are large, tooling is more expensive, and offal is higher.

FCA has some pretty high internal specs, so that general drive alot of cost into there parts. There are trim pieces in the SCAT pack cars that cost more than whole systems in the Mustang and Camaro...

They are the company of bling though..

This being said overall their ED&D and R&D expenses are pretty low. So that does help keep overall cost down some.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I contributed to 1 of those May sales. Happy with my GT that was well put together. Don't feel like playing guinea pig with the new 5.0 and features.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Found out something interesting today. According to C6g. 1 in 3 Mustangs sold. Is a fleet sale.:lol:They almost win a month and are over there celebrating.
You know there is only one performance car I have seen at the local enterprise. It's a Camaro.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
"On a retail basis Ford sold 158,282 vehicles and was easily outsold by GM, which sold 191,388. The last time Ford outsold GM was in March 2016, but that also was due to an increase in fleet sales, said GM spokesman Jim Cain."

The big picture!

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
"On a retail basis Ford sold 158,282 vehicles and was easily outsold by GM, which sold 191,388. The last time Ford outsold GM was in March 2016, but that also was due to an increase in fleet sales, said GM spokesman Jim Cain."

The big picture!
With the Mustang being the cheapest of the vehicles, it's volume should be outpacing the competition to even be on par with its competitors. Retail sales should be all that are considered when comparing.

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
Does anyone have sale figures for GT350/R's?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Doesnt seem to be the case in the SE, at least looking at cars.com. $42k mustangs can be had for $35k all day long, Challenger Scat Packs around that msrp are usually around $37-38k at best. There are a few base manuals for $32-33k out there.
Friend of mine just got a Challenger RT Plus with a few packages for $34, said the sticker was $41. It's not the Scat Pack but that still seems like a nice deal to me. Was near Naples/Marco Island.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
With the Mustang being the cheapest of the vehicles, it's volume should be outpacing the competition to even be on par with its competitors. Retail sales should be all that are considered when comparing.
Exactly which means the Camaro is #1

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I think it's impressive how well the Challenger keeps selling for a model that came out in 2009 and with a platform that if I'm not mistaken is from a 2003 Mercedes-Benz.

*I guess I was wrong. It comes from the W210 1996-2002 MB platform. Even more impressive!!
Sponsored

Last edited: