Sponsored

February 2017 Mustang Sales

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
attachment.png

That's really the most important image... look at those trend lines.

Camaro has been on the path to death. Mustang has really taken off since 2015 new model.

Because the mustang now is the ONLY of the 3 that is GLOBAL. Id expect that to account for some of the increase in sales aswell!

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Competition forces both companies to make better products.
Competition brought about the 6th Gen Camaro.. slimmer, lighter, more agile, and powerful... what did that get them? Long story short....

Everyone here is quick to bring out how that benefits the customer... but your improvements don't come along for free. Cars aren't getting cheaper and your improvements caused by competition isn't making it any better.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Because the mustang now is the ONLY of the 3 that is GLOBAL. Id expect that to account for some of the increase in sales aswell!
These numbers are USA only. Global sales and even Canadian sales are not included in that graphic.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I'm not a huge fan of the modern Camaros, but this one is beautiful. Would be very interested to see GM head in this direction.

attachment.jpg

I was also surprised to see how well the Mustang sold, and the relatively low sales of the Camaro. I've been seeing quite a few Camaros recently, so I thought they had finally gained some momentum. The look of the car is growing on me, especially the ZL1. It's a very impressive vehicle, but then, so is the Mustang.

-T

Sponsored

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
I personally can't wait to see what awesome-ness FORD will bring with the GT 500, or should I be calling it GT750 ?!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If they included global sales. That graph would be off the chart. The S550 Mustang is the best selling sports coupe in a lot of European countries. The S550 design was a grand slam, Inside the park home run!:thumbsup:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a huge fan of the modern Camaros, but this one is beautiful. Would be very interested to see GM head in this direction.

attachment.jpg

I was also surprised to see how well the Mustang sold, and the relatively low sales of the Camaro. I've been seeing quite a few Camaros recently, so I thought they had finally gained some momentum. The look of the car is growing on me, especially the ZL1. It's a very impressive vehicle, but then, so is the Mustang.

-T
I had a 79 Z28 back in the day. Great looking car. A modern version of that would sell. And it would be much easier to build something that people wouldn't mind being in. The second and third gens offered a lot of outward visibility. That is a big strike against the 6th gen. I sold a 5th gen Camaro. Because I hated the sight lines and the interior. I liked the appearance of the 5th gen......As long as I didn't have to be inside it.:shrug:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
The GT base mustang has proven to me that with the 3.55:1 gear it's a performer. The Camaro is just too expensive in these financial times. Now if our economy gets a lift and good paying jobs reappear the Camaro sales will improve.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Wow. That was quite the jump from last month.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
GM got themselves in trouble listening to these guys last time. And it sounds like these guys want the same nonselling car with gadgets!:doh: GM do yourself a giant favor and give people a car they can see out of at a lower price. Don't listen to this thread!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9591958#post9591958

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The one post in there is pretty sensible in regards to the styling and design not appealing to the 20-30 age group and I'd agree. Not going to get into it though because it's the same things talked about every single month. The only thing that needs to be noticed here is, GM is IS struggling to sell a car that was intended to sell WAY better.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium