February 2017 Mustang Sales

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The visibility has improved out the front..but it's actually gotten worse out the sides and it's dramatically worse out the back.
Because Camaro drivers (fans) are idiots, apparently

The Camaro team decided to hold a clinic, which Oppenheiser stated rarely happens, but upon inviting a group of people to compare the fifth-generation Camaro to the Mustang, Challenger and Nissan 370Z, the group called for the poor visibility to stay.

“They got to the Camaro and [we] said ‘What would you tell Chevrolet about the Camaro if you could redesign it, if you helped give input to the next one?’ And they said ‘Well, I can’t see out of it.’ ” But, in the end, customers stated they would rather sacrifice visibility than see the iconic look of the car morphed into something unfamiliar.

“They all went, ‘Don’t change it! We love the styling, that’s why we bought it!’ ”
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The sooner the better
The ZL1LE Program was the final straw, I believe thePill reported the z28 getting the axe last Summer. In order to save more money, the ZL1 program was merged with the 1LE program and quality took a hit from there on out. With the ZL1LEGT4 entry, I believe that is that... no z28 unless Jesus comes back.

Two major factors caused this, the MSRP and the styling being arguably Ugly or Extremely Dull, both it you ask me. Can they fix the MSRP? No, the Camaro is suppose to pay for the ATS/CTS and they appear to be moving to the CT6 platform.

Early on we seen structural compromise in the 6th Gen to save weight and money, the Motorsport and z28 programs halted and changed and available equipment neutered. All to keep cost down on a failing product.

Unfortunately, this gets worse from here on out and at an extremely quickened pace... they can't risk a sale again because profit is zero and they are stuck with a ZL1LE as a HALO car... yes, the sooner the better...

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I get this continually. I don't think the camaro is ugly. Still wish it looked more like a modern 3rd Gen. I would own a 1LE if I could afford it and a GT350.

My biggest issues is line of sight, I feel like I am making the Deathstar trench run when I sit it one. That's awesome in its own way. But most other vehicles in the segment havery much better sight lines.
Although I can't stand the look of the new camaro and think it looks like one gigantic piece of plastic to me. From most of the commenters they were more turned off that GM didn't change it enough from the last generation.

I liked the looks of the last generation camaro and think chevy did a fantastic job with it. But I was also on board with the masses with this last gen. They should have come up with something new not just what looks like a refresh of the last gen...

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Agreed. I've brought it up a couple of times on this forum.

That body style (particularly the '70-'73 'big mouth' cars as above) was the best Camaro ever, IMO. Why? Because it was a bit Euro, and ORIGINAL, instead of just being a me-too version of the Mustang.

Automobile published this rendering a few years back before the 6th-gen Camaro reveal. When I saw it first, I was actually a little excited, and I'm not a rabid GM fan. If only they had gone this route instead of yet another '69 wannabe...

attachment.jpg
I've not been a big fan of American cars. Have owned nothing but German or Japanese imports since graduating from college, until buy my GT350. The current Mustang is the first American car to lure me back and its looks is the first thing that grabbed my attention. Personally, I think the S550 Mustang is the best looking Mustang since the '69. The styling has to be one of the main reasons the car has done well.

I have to admit if that if Chevy ever comes out with a Camaro looking something like that one, combined with performance like the ZL1 1LE, I'd be very interested. I'm sure the looks alone would grab a chunk of buyers of a certain age group on nostalgia alone.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The ZL1LE Program was the final straw, I believe thePill reported the z28 getting the axe last Summer. In order to save more money, the ZL1 program was merged with the 1LE program and quality took a hit from there on out. With the ZL1LEGT4 entry, I believe that is that... no z28 unless Jesus comes back.

Two major factors caused this, the MSRP and the styling being arguably Ugly or Extremely Dull, both it you ask me. Can they fix the MSRP? No, the Camaro is suppose to pay for the ATS/CTS and they appear to be moving to the CT6 platform.

Early on we seen structural compromise in the 6th Gen to save weight and money, the Motorsport and z28 programs halted and changed and available equipment neutered. All to keep cost down on a failing product.

Unfortunately, this gets worse from here on out and at an extremely quickened pace... they can't risk a sale again because profit is zero and they are stuck with a ZL1LE as a HALO car... yes, the sooner the better...

GM has sold Opel and Vauxhall so they don't have any ero cars they can rebadge as a camaro :lol::lol:

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
With the ZL1LEGT4 entry, I believe that is that... no z28 unless Jesus comes back.
The ZL1 1LE GT4.R sure didn't appear to be much of a halo car at the PWC last weekend, getting beat twice in a row by a grandfathered Boss 302. Probably had something to do with lack of visibility of the curbs at turn 3.

I sure would be depressed now if I was expecting the new Camaro GT4 to be a match for the Mustang GT4.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The ZL1 1LE GT4.R sure didn't appear to be much of a halo car at the PWC last weekend, getting beat twice in a row by a grandfathered Boss 302. Probably had something to do with lack of visibility of the curbs at turn 3.

I sure would be depressed now if I was expecting the new Camaro GT4 to be a match for the Mustang GT4.
Chevy/Riley was actually testing a 110.5 wheelbase in PWC in 2014. If you can dig up the old Riley Camaro specs you will see GM has been testing a 110 inch wheelbase in the SCCA since then. thePill even referred to the PWC car as a test bed for a 110 inch wheelbase waaaaaaaaay back when everyone believed it was still a 109.3 ;)

They knew long ago it was t small enough. The structure between the B and C pillars is laughable, truly unique engineering.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
They just need to fix the stupid visibility. The second I sat in the car and got out of the parking spot I knew I definitely was not daily driving that.