Sponsored

February 2017 Mustang Sales

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
The one post in there is pretty sensible in regards to the styling and design not appealing to the 20-30 age group and I'd agree. Not going to get into it though because it's the same things talked about every single month. The only thing that needs to be noticed here is, GM is IS struggling to sell a car that was intended to sell WAY better.
Yes.

This gets discussed ad nauseam every month and I have written this time and again but when they first unveiled the camaro and the proceeding articles written about it over the next few weeks/months.

If you went into the comments section (the true generally buying public) the vast majority were commenting on the looks and how chevy didn't do enough to change them. I would assume these commenters are a wide age group range however as opposed to 20-30.

They made the mistake of listening to there base instead of looking forward and building a completely new and different looking car. It's mind boggling to me. Why would they do that?! When you come out with a new generation car it's supposed to look like, you know, a new car? Instead of like a re-fresh of the old one. lol...
Sponsored

TOP KEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Oxford White
When you come out with a new generation car it's supposed to look like, you know, a new car? Instead of like a re-fresh of the old one. lol...
Chevy could have at least made the rear end not butt-ugly. The 5th gen looked way better from behind.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Chevy could have at least made the rear end not butt-ugly. The 5th gen looked way better from behind.
Malibu styling, unlike Mustang's classic tails. :ford:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yes.

This gets discussed ad nauseam every month and I have written this time and again but when they first unveiled the camaro and the proceeding articles written about it over the next few weeks/months.

If you went into the comments section (the true generally buying public) the vast majority were commenting on the looks and how chevy didn't do enough to change them. I would assume these commenters are a wide age group range however as opposed to 20-30.

They made the mistake of listening to there base instead of looking forward and building a completely new and different looking car. It's mind boggling to me. Why would they do that?! When you come out with a new generation car it's supposed to look like, you know, a new car? Instead of like a re-fresh of the old one. lol...
I get this continually. I don't think the camaro is ugly. Still wish it looked more like a modern 3rd Gen. I would own a 1LE if I could afford it and a GT350.

My biggest issues is line of sight, I feel like I am making the Deathstar trench run when I sit it one. That's awesome in its own way. But most other vehicles in the segment havery much better sight lines.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Women get in, absorb the blind spots, get out...no sale. I sold 5th gen new and tried to force myself to accept the horrible visibility and door ledge height and just couldn't do it.

Sponsored

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Oh, GM is about to offer some incredible deals on the Camaro. I'm talking "1SS for base GT money" type deals.
You mean 1SS at base premium GT prices: $35k instead of 38K.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Model Year #2, Sales expected to drop by 30%...

I initially said the product wouldn't last 36 months with the MSRP and Styling fouls. We have 14 months down and looky here, nearly a 30% decrease year over year.

Team Camaro has been out of money since last Summer. Now they are rewashing parts in special editions like the ZL1LE. Didn't I tell you the ZL1 needed a lot more brake and tire?

None of this surprises me, I gave these exact digits months ago, just wait until October 2017... right now they don't ha e the $$$ for a refresh :lol:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It's funny..some people were saying on other forums how February was going to be a good month for the Camaro because their local big dealer didn't have many on the lots.

Yeah..about that...

I'm sure the excuses will start all over again. I'm sure the first one that will be mentioned is "what's the fleet breakdown?".
I'm not sure how they figured that, thePill didn't tell them that.

He was specific, the 2nd model year sales typically sees a 20-30% decrease.

At this pace, by February 2018, the Camaro will be GONE...

A business plan exist that says the ATS/CTS will change in 2019 for MY2020. This tells me that as of now, there is no new Camaro until 2020. Profits are likely low to zero and they might not be able to do an Alpha refresh for the Camaro.

The Alpha ATS/CTS could be moving to the CT6 platform to help save Caddy $$$

If that's the case, the Camaro's future is uncertain but the end is always near.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm not a huge fan of the modern Camaros, but this one is beautiful. Would be very interested to see GM head in this direction.

attachment.jpg
Agreed. I've brought it up a couple of times on this forum.

That body style (particularly the '70-'73 'big mouth' cars as above) was the best Camaro ever, IMO. Why? Because it was a bit Euro, and ORIGINAL, instead of just being a me-too version of the Mustang.

Automobile published this rendering a few years back before the 6th-gen Camaro reveal. When I saw it first, I was actually a little excited, and I'm not a rabid GM fan. If only they had gone this route instead of yet another '69 wannabe...
2016-chevy-camaro-illustration.jpg

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I've brought it up a couple of times on this forum.

That body style (particularly the '70-'73 'big mouth' cars as above) was the best Camaro ever, IMO. Why? Because it was a bit Euro, and ORIGINAL, instead of just being a me-too version of the Mustang.

Automobile published this rendering a few years back before the 6th-gen Camaro reveal. When I saw it first, I was actually a little excited, and I'm not a rabid GM fan. If only they had gone this route instead of yet another '69 wannabe...
Lot of caddy look to that one :D

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure how they figured that, thePill didn't tell them that.

He was specific, the 2nd model year sales typically sees a 20-30% decrease.

At this pace, by February 2018, the Camaro will be GONE...

r.
The sooner the better :headbang: :lol:

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
When I was buying my Mustang, I had never owned an American car. I went in thinking I liked Chevys and wanted the Camaro more. Then I test drove them both, liked everything better in the Mustang, except all the low end torque of the pushrod 6.2L. The styling and visibility are what did it for me. Nothing has changed for this year.
If I were buying in 2018, it'd be a lot closer though, since the new Mustang looks like crap and the visibility is a little better in the Camaros now.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
When I was buying my Mustang, I had never owned an American car. I went in thinking I liked Chevys and wanted the Camaro more. Then I test drove them both, liked everything better in the Mustang, except all the low end torque of the pushrod 6.2L. The styling and visibility are what did it for me. Nothing has changed for this year.
If I were buying in 2018, it'd be a lot closer though, since the new Mustang looks like crap and the visibility is a little better in the Camaros now.
The visibility has improved out the front..but it's actually gotten worse out the sides and it's dramatically worse out the back.
Sponsored