Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Seems that lots of GM products still have quality problems. From magazine long term test vehicles that are constantly in the shop to high priced Corvettes that have apparently unfixable rattles to ignition switches that get people killed GM always seems to have issues.
Don't get me wrong,Ford ain't perfect(SYNC anyone?) but IMO GM has very little to be proud of.
I've had Sync on 3 recent Ford purchases (2012 Focus SE, 2013 Boss 302 and 2016 GT350R) and I've experienced ZERO issues with the system. What are others finding?
Sponsored

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
I've had Sync on 3 recent Ford purchases (2012 Focus SE, 2013 Boss 302 and 2016 GT350R) and I've experienced ZERO issues with the system. What are others finding?[/QUOTE

I had,along with millions of others,have had many issues with SYNC. If you have had ZERO issues with it on your 12 and 13 you must be leading a charmed life.
Hooray for you.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I had,along with millions of others,have had many issues with SYNC. If you have had ZERO issues with it on your 12 and 13 you must be leading a charmed life.
Hooray for you.
I had none. Paired flawlessly, voice-activation was problem free for me. Again, what kinds of issues are you speaking to? However, I do seem to live a charmed life!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
There is another catastrophe headed for the Camaro soon. As of 2 June, there were just over 19,000 new Camaro's on Dealer Lots.

First, Chevy is out of $$$ for advertising. Most of the $$$ went into the premature zl1/1LE/z28 programs. In which none of it will likely pay off.

Second, the 2017's will be coming soon... and there are 20,000 2016's.

Third, shift 3 is going bye bye... Production is being reduced by 1/3... the 2017's might be in severe trouble.

The 2018 Mustang and GT500 is coming...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sounds like Chevy better start deep discounting Camaro's soon.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
There is another catastrophe headed for the Camaro soon. As of 2 June, there were just over 19,000 new Camaro's on Dealer Lots.

First, Chevy is out of $$$ for advertising. Most of the $$$ went into the premature zl1/1LE/z28 programs. In which none of it will likely pay off.

Second, the 2017's will be coming soon... and there are 20,000 2016's.

Third, shift 3 is going bye bye... Production is being reduced by 1/3... the 2017's might be in severe trouble.

The 2018 Mustang and GT500 is coming...
Is there any link to what you said above?

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Camaro, CTS, and ATS come from the same assembly line, that setup right there save GM some $$$. Everything already R&D except the design of the Exterior, suspension and few other parts for the Camaro. Clearly GM wanted to make more profits which their loyal customers willing to paid for.

The Rental thing that GM put out there are BS. No one with the right mind wanted to cut their business volume down. I can see that GM can't make a camaro sale to rental companies due to high cost. Also the case might be rental companies don't see high volume of customers renting 2015 Camaro. So GM got to throw some smoke screen to avoid answered questions to GM stock holders. the is just my speculation.

ATS sold 4,444
CTS sold 1,334
Camaro Sold 5,827

Total AP 11,605

Hell GM beat Ford sales on Platform vs Platform, Camaro fan can take this as a compliment. lol !!!

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
ATS sold 4,444
CTS sold 1,334
Camaro Sold 5,827

Total AP 11,605

Hell GM beat Ford sales on Platform vs Platform, Camaro fan can take this as a compliment. lol !!!
Of course, it took 2 divisions and 3 cars for GM to accomplish that feat ...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Camaro, CTS, and ATS come from the same assembly line, that setup right there save GM some $$$. Everything already R&D except the design of the Exterior, suspension and few other parts for the Camaro. Clearly GM wanted to make more profits which their loyal customers willing to paid for.

The Rental thing that GM put out there are BS. No one with the right mind wanted to cut their business volume down. I can see that GM can't make a camaro sale to rental companies due to high cost. Also the case might be rental companies don't see high volume of customers renting 2015 Camaro. So GM got to throw some smoke screen to avoid answered questions to GM stock holders. the is just my speculation.

ATS sold 4,444
CTS sold 1,334
Camaro Sold 5,827

Total AP 11,605

No links...

...and the ATS only sold 1640 cars in May 2016.

It's on the chopping block.

They sold less than 9000 Alpha cars last month :(

I am happy no one is buying the Camaro.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline

ATS sold 4,444
CTS sold 1,334
Camaro Sold 5,827

Total AP 11,605

Your numbers don't match the sheet posted on C6.

ATS sold 1,630
CTS sold 1,082
Camero sold 5,827

Total AP 8,539

Ford wins.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

ATS sold 4,444
CTS sold 1,334
Camaro Sold 5,827

Total AP 11,605

As far as the "We don't do Rentals or Fleet".

A better way of saying that is...

We lost our contracts to sell wholesale product to commercial rental companies. It looks like a smart business move, although, I'm not sure how less sales is good...

Next they boast higher profit per sale, yet most Camaro fans dismiss that those profits are made up on THEIR retail purchase. In other words, THEY make up for the lost profit ;)

GM isn't selling Fleet/Rental because they no longer have a contract to do so :lol:

So, they increased the MSRP on the faithfuls Camaro's.

The ATS sold 1640 cars, the Camaro sold 5800...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Your numbers don't match the sheet posted on C6.

ATS sold 1,630
CTS sold 1,082
Camero sold 5,827

Total AP 8,539

Ford wins.
Not to mention that this is basically irrelevant outside of GM's cost structure as the other two aren't playing in the same or even similar segments.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
GM is offering $1500 cash so the discounts have started. We'll know soon if it's the crazy asking price or the stale styling that's hurting sales.
Sponsored