Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I had my Roush installed after 5K, and warranted by Roush (previous GT). This one will get it sooner.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No additional power? Butt dyno says otherwise and so does @Dave2013M3 's dyno numbers. Some good torque gains down at 2kRPM
1680112847762.png
There’s also few graphs in here from people that gained ZERO?

I’m not saying its a terrible option but again imho the kits more suited for an automatic for the trans tuning than anything else.

Would've love to see ET/Mph after it was installed

Last edited:

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There’s also few graphs in here or people that gained ZERO?

I’m not saying its not a terrible option but again imho the kits more suited for an automatic for the trans tuning than anything else.

Would've to see ET/Mph after it was installed
If you're so against it, don't buy it move on nothing to accomplish here. Most of us that have purchased and installed this kit are happy with the outcome. Even those with manuals. So just move along unless you're a control freak trying to convince the happy people they can't be happy with this kit. And that'll get you nowhere.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you're so against it, don't buy it move on nothing to accomplish here. Most of us that have purchased and installed this kit are happy with the outcome. Even those with manuals. So just move along unless you're a control freak trying to convince the happy people they can't be happy with this kit. And that'll get you nowhere.
I will move on, I ask a question and honestly I see 1 decent dyno sheet, but way more guys reporting pinging and picking up nothing

I wish u the best😎

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I will move on, I ask a question and honestly I see 1 decent dyno sheet, but way more guys reporting pinging and picking up nothing

I wish u the best😎
I may have missed it, but I hadn't heard any issues with pinging when using the correct octane or seen dyno graphs with zero gains. Can you link a few graphs? I'm honestly just curious to see if they're out there.

I had it on my 21 before I sold it and never had an issue with pinging, but would say the gain on the manual was pretty minimal. Decent bump down low in perceived pull, but was still a dog with the 3.55 and 6spd.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I may have missed it, but I hadn't heard any issues with pinging when using the correct octane or seen dyno graphs with zero gains. Can you link a few graphs? I'm honestly just curious to see if they're out there.

I had it on my 21 before I sold it and never had an issue with pinging, but would say the gain on the manual was pretty minimal. Decent bump down low in perceived pull, but was still a dog with the 3.55 and 6spd.
I think there's a bit of confirmation bias going on for that guy. I have absolutely no idea where all these graphs of "ZERO" gains are, or these claims of pinging. There was definitely a dyno graph, or two, that showed minimal gains but then there was also a few that showed the advertised gains so... ya.

The gen2 coyote had a lot of pinging issues with the equivalent kit but I can only recall one person having pinging with this one, and that was even solved iirc.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This kit really just sharpens up the stock tune. A stock tune car with good fuel and in the right conditions is likely capable of making nearly the same amount of peak power as the tune in this pack, but the tune in this pack makes some changes given the assumption of using 91 octane or higher at all times. This helps with consistency and better torque under the curve. Whether that's worth $1300 is up to the end user to decide. There's not much power to be gained in general on pump gas on these cars just from tuning, regardless of who you go with. I suppose there is some leverage to be had with the freer flowing intake and throttle body, but since the stock setup is optimized so well, it's really pretty minor.

I personally ended up deciding against it after a long thought process (including reading this ENTIRE thread). Mostly because the fitment of the kit is pretty bad on many cars. Having to fiddle with stuff and waste time trying to seal the airbox better to help with brutal IAT's doesn't sound very fun after you spend that much money. The other big issue is throwing away 2/3 of your warranty if you're like me and bought an extension. Low chance of having your powertrain mass destruction covered after the 3/36 is up. For some people that probably doesn't matter, but trading that for minor gains isn't worth it to me. I'm just going to save up for boost and a spare engine. That $1300 gets me further going in that direction.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Reasons I bought this kit:
Affordable.
Increased low RPM torque & coupled with the Torsen 3.73 gears, an additional bonus.
Considerable reduction in annoying rev hang.
Lower risk of blowing up the motor than with other power adders.
Deeper exhaust tone.

In Canada, going with a turbocharger or supercharger is just stupidly expensive. I would be dropping $10K - $20K to acquire just the parts alone.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
That's just false info. I've ready every thread and this entire thread on this topic on this forum, and most people overwhelmingly like this kit because of at least 5 big reasons:

Ford designed & tested (not some tuner shop)
Warranty-backed (get Lund to offer you this lol)
Eliminates most of the stock tune rev hang on manuals
40lb/tq more at like 2250rpm (huge difference for street driving vs stock, especially on a 6mt)
Confidence the engine won't grenade itself

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
That's just false info. I've ready every thread and this entire thread on this topic on this forum, and most people overwhelmingly like this kit because of at least 5 big reasons:

Ford designed & tested (not some tuner shop)
Warranty-backed (get Lund to offer you this lol)
Eliminates most of the stock tune rev hang on manuals
40lb/tq more at like 2250rpm (huge difference for street driving vs stock, especially on a 6mt)
Confidence the engine won't grenade itself
I like all these features and these are what has me interested in the package. What I don't want is the "CAI" but it looks like *any* changes to the entire setup are likely to mess up the tuning.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I like all these features and these are what has me interested in the package. What I don't want is the "CAI" but it looks like *any* changes to the entire setup are likely to mess up the tuning.
Ya the "CAI" will increase iats. The tune is canned to just those specific mods and not customizable like a custom tune.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You can swap the air filter housing to use the GT500 one. It's a better design. Haven't heard any GT500 owners complain about it.
Sponsored