Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ah. 303 makes good stuff; we used to use one of their products to clean and polish acrylic aircraft windshields.
Cool! There was another product I saw recommended a lot but it was a real PITA to get stateside. The name escapes me, flem something or another? Anyways, that was next up and seems to work just fine.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Positive. It's the top piece of the box that sticks up, the bottom is fine. It's almost like the molding is warped. At the end where the foam goes my top piece is just propped up. So much so that the plastic pin on the bottom half, where the two pieces meet, can get stuck in the groove. I gotta feeling that's exactly what happened and now the plastic is just stuck. I may try to see if I can get it held down and see if a few heat cycles reshapes it.
My upper fits perfect with my lower. There is groove and there are tabs but those tabs do not go into the groove. Then can end up in the groove if the parts are not aligned correctly. Got a pic you can share?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just did a long drive, drove LA to Tucson round trip and avg was 28.2 MPG. It took some hits due high cross winds between Blythe and Palm Springs and also a few mountain grades at speed limits of 65-70-75 mph

The other was just filling up and driving from Tucson to Phoenix which is pretty flat and that did avg at 30.9 MPG on 75mph speed limit highway.

I guess I am cleaning some carbs out with this Tune. my mpg has performed better since the tune. previous trip pre-tune on same route was about 26-27 avg.

Temp outside was 85-90F. inlet was around 5+ ambient avg

DSC_4335[33991].JPG

DSC_4334[33992].JPG

DSC_4335[33991].JPG

DSC_4334[33992].JPG

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
My upper fits perfect with my lower. There is groove and there are tabs but those tabs do not go into the groove. Then can end up in the groove if the parts are not aligned correctly. Got a pic you can share?
Not presently but I can take one later. And I know they're not supposed to go in the groove... The bottom tab was in the top groove from the factory and it wasn't something I paid much attention to at the time of install. Considering many of the posted photos, I'm not alone. So I didn't think anything of it until your picture.

Then I went to get a second look. After undoing the clamps I was able to move the top piece over a little bit which solved the tabs being in the groove issue. But unfortunately plastic is plastic. I've had the kit since release so it's had its share of heat cycles to warp the plastic. Now I just gotta hope the same can happen in reverse with the hood pushing it down. This is probably why some people have their hoods sticking up for more than others.

However, the vertical slits, on the other side, became wider after readjusting the top piece. So it's a give and take; a poor molding job. Regardless, I just used some pipe insulation foam to fill the gap before. It worked just fine.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This is probably why some people have their hoods sticking up for more than others.

However, the vertical slits, on the other side, became wider after readjusting the top piece. So it's a give and take; a poor molding job. Regardless, I just used some pipe insulation foam to fill the gap before. It worked just fine.
You are likely right about the hoods. I noticed no difference in my hood fitment once this kit was installed.

I also have a thin vertical gap in the back left corner of the box where the two parts come together (closest to the engine). I am considering sealing it up and observing.
When driving around the other day I noticed my intake temps only 2 deg C (3.6F) above ambient. It never dawned on me to check when I was standing still. I am going to get some more readings.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You are likely right about the hoods. I noticed no difference in my hood fitment once this kit was installed.

I also have a thin vertical gap in the back left corner of the box where the two parts come together (closest to the engine). I am considering sealing it up and observing.
When driving around the other day I noticed my intake temps only 2 deg C (3.6F) above ambient. It never dawned on me to check when I was standing still. I am going to get some more readings.
Standing still is when it will spike, but that's honestly not a big concern. I went around and sealed everything up when I first put it on. My idle air temps were much lower but my cruising temps were higher. So what was 3° - 5° F above ambient was now about 10° F above ambient. I know there is a swirling affect when cold air rushes in with warm air so I wonder if the slits are good for letting the warm air escape when under load.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! There was another product I saw recommended a lot but it was a real PITA to get stateside. The name escapes me, flem something or another? Anyways, that was next up and seems to work just fine.
Gummi Pflege

BMW dealers have sold in in the past as a branded product :like:

WD :like:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Gummi Pflege

BMW dealers have sold in in the past as a branded product :like:

There it is! Haha. I wasn't even close... I'll have to check that out and see if it's still a thing.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
There it is! Haha. I wasn't even close... I'll have to check that out and see if it's still a thing.
Glad I was right, still not quite sure how I got from ‘flem’ to ‘Gummi Pflege’ though ... :cwl:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Glad I was right, still not quite sure how I got from ‘flem’ to ‘Gummi Pflege’ though ... :cwl:

There's really no logical connection between the two but our brains managed to find one, I guess.

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe I don't completely understand what it is supposed to do but I've flat shifted both before and after the tune in my '18 and it did what I thought it should do.

Let me know under what conditions you are looking for specifically and I'll try to test it this evening.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Maybe I don't completely understand what it is supposed to do but I've flat shifted both before and after the tune in my '18 and it did what I thought it should do.

Let me know under what conditions you are looking for specifically and I'll try to test it this evening.
You're the first in MANY threads on this I've seen say it works.
5k+ RPM in Track mode. Never lift your foot from the gas when you shift. The RPM shouldn't fly up when you go to upshift.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'll see what happens. I've always been closer to redline when I've done it and it didn't seem to hit the limiter.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
What's the secret to removing the 10mm nut holding the sound tube to the firewall?

I don't want to just rip the tube from the firewall, and I've spent many hours today trying to remove the nut.

My install of this kit is on hold because of this issue.
Sponsored