Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
Next you're gonna tell me I need the Ford Performance Full Tilt Beefcake TVR Wiggle Bolts, right?
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Don't forget the Flux capacitor
Funny story. At one of my old jobs, some woman I worked with got a new car. She was bragging about how it had all the bells and whistles so my boss just casually asked "did it also come with a flux capacitor?" Without skipping a beat she said "Yeah, one of those too!" She had no idea why everyone started laughing.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Muffler bearings need a lot more maintenance on newer cars, especially if you have active exhaust.
Ugh, tell me about it. But the active exhaust is worth the headache.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Funny story. At one of my old jobs, some woman I worked with got a new car. She was bragging about how it had all the bells and whistles so my boss just casually asked "did it also come with a flux capacitor?" Without skipping a beat she said "Yeah, one of those too!" She had no idea why everyone started laughing.
Amazing!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
6MT here, it only helped my driveability immensely.
Yeah I may get the kit and I have an A10, I checked for codes and did not find any when trying to check out those transmission TSB if I possibly was one with the some A10 issues. Sometimes in Sport when slowing down, not jerky but would feel like I am getting softly rear ended. not sure if normal or maybe in a parking lot moving slowly it hangs between 2-3 gear but hard to replicate, perhaps once every 2 months or so.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if further down the road, will Lund offer a tune option for this kit? I can build the custom lund tune, but it does not have a drop down option for the FP throttle body and CAI?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Yeah I may get the kit and I have an A10, I checked for codes and did not find any when trying to check out those transmission TSB if I possibly was one with the some A10 issues. Sometimes in Sport when slowing down, not jerky but would feel like I am getting softly rear ended. not sure if normal or maybe in a parking lot moving slowly it hangs between 2-3 gear but hard to replicate, perhaps once every 2 months or so.
I have experienced both of these things before and after installing the kit. The hang between 2-3 only happens the first time getting on it when starting out in sport or track. If I run through the gears in normal mode first and then switch to sport or track, it doesn’t do that. And yes, it’s also a little jerky sometimes when slowing down in sport or track. The 2-3 hang seems to be more exaggerated in colder temps.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
2018 GT with A10 here. I was heading towards this FP tune just for the potential transmission shift programming improvements. The sport/sport + settings were just terrible, in terms of jerky, harsh, inappropriate rev holding etc. But last week I went to the dealer for battery related warranty work. They did a complete diagnostics and re-flashed and reset everything, according to the service advisor. And magically the A10 is now just wonderful, perfect, everything I wanted but didn't get until now. I did a North Georgia mountain drive yesterday afternoon, and everything was just spot on in Sport +. The advisor said the cost is about $150 for this service if not part of a warranty repair. Cheaper than a 1K + FP tune. Your mileage may of course vary..

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
2018 GT with A10 here. I was heading towards this FP tune just for the potential transmission shift programming improvements. The sport/sport + settings were just terrible, in terms of jerky, harsh, inappropriate rev holding etc. But last week I went to the dealer for battery related warranty work. They did a complete diagnostics and re-flashed and reset everything, according to the service advisor. And magically the A10 is now just wonderful, perfect, everything I wanted but didn't get until now. I did a North Georgia mountain drive yesterday afternoon, and everything was just spot on in Sport +. The advisor said the cost is about $150 for this service if not part of a warranty repair. Cheaper than a 1K + FP tune. Your mileage may of course vary..
A simple KAM reset would have likely had the same effect for you. Free and easy.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Which works, for about a week or so.

I have a 2020 GT A10, my previous 2018 a10 did not have these downshifts as harsh as this one can. Ive had the dealer look over everything and nothing has been found out of order, it seems some cars just do this. Ive done the reset several times, and the car will be smooth for awhile, the problem will eventually return. FYI you can force a reset without paying the 150. Anyways, since some have reported the tune changes the shifting pattern and makes it much smoother, i figure its worth it, ordered mine from lewitown ford which has the kit for 1k even with free shipping.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
The kit provides more than shift improvements. If your not planning on more mods, its worth it. Easy to install yourself. You will feel the difference every day on the streets, no need to go to track to see performance improvements.

Last edited:

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I wonder if further down the road, will Lund offer a tune option for this kit? I can build the custom lund tune, but it does not have a drop down option for the FP throttle body and CAI?
Why on earth would you replace a performance calibration done by the engineers at the OEM with a run of the mill email tune?

Aftermarket does not always mean better.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why on earth would you replace a performance calibration done by the engineers at the OEM with a run of the mill email tune?

Aftermarket does not always mean better.
I for one would like an e85 tune that includes the parts that came with the FP kit.
I'll eventually look into it after the warranty period is up.
Sponsored