Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
So finally, after 6 months, 2 chats, and 4 emails to FRPP, they sent me a new voucher code for the Procal software since the dealership burned mine.

To answer a few earlier questions:

It updated to "Version 20" as soon as I plugged it in.
It fixed the "PID Unsupported" error on the gauges.
There appear to be many gauges it supports now and it will automatically load them. So, no more trying to figure out which ones work now.
EDIT: Correction...the Procal does turn off a few seconds after the accessory power turns off.
The touch screen appears to be more responsive now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So you saying there is a current update for those of us who got the kit 1st go around? I wish ford sent emails

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
So you saying there is a current update for those of us who got the kit 1st go around? I wish ford sent emails
It's an update for the procal 4. I don't think it's a tune revision. But, yes, I agree. Some sort of notification would be nice for updates or revisions.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just got back from my install. Galpin Autosports did the install. For those of you who don't know Galpin Autosports is basically the build shop for Galpin Ford. They also have the TV Show "Car Kings". They did a great job, they charged me for 2 hours of labor. To be honest the longest part of the install is the ProCal tool. WTF, it is so archaic as it took forever to mirror the OEM file and then to install the new file, that was almost an hour.

Impressions, my car is a 300a car so no driver modes and it made the car way more responsive. Also there definitely is a lower rpm torque boost and more urgency to the rush to redline. Is it hugh? Well other than the improved throttle response it wasn't drastic. To be honest 15-20rwhp definitely seems realistic. Also, the car has a nice intake growl as the intake can be heard now. I am enjoying this, and can't wait to get my gears installed now.

One other thing, I had no issues as far as hood fitment. There is some flexibility in the intake to fit under the hood without making it bulge. The rubber molding around the CAI is definitely sealed against the hood. Where you hear the intake roar is from the driver side heat extractor.

Dave

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ivan214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 GT Triple Yellow
has anyone compared this to the Roush Tune? You save some cash since your not getting a TB.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Dave2013M3 congrats! Just wait after some more miles. When it learns the set up. At least for me it got better. For the manuals like mine with base model, the improvement is noticable.

I also commented before about the cool growl. And one person said they dont think it's a growl, not to over sell it, something like that, well to me it's a nice low growl, glad you feel the same way, especailly down low.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-2951396

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
@Dave2013M3 congrats! Just wait after some more miles. When it learns the set up. At least for me it got better. For the manuals like mine with base model, the improvement is noticable.

I also commented before about the cool growl. And one person said they dont think it's a growl, not to over sell it, something like that, well to me it's a nice low growl, glad you feel the same way, especailly down low.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-2951396
Why do you gotta do me like that, fam? :brokenheart:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Definitely a growl, my son noticed it too.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Haha! Old posts are like old social media tweets...come back to haunt you..jk though. I was just pointing out other people dont consider it a growl, was happy someone agreed with me for once in my life ...

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With the exhaust in quiet mode the intake growl is very noticeable.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Dfeeds is correct. It updated the Procal software to "version 20." I didn't pay attention to the tune revision number, so I'm not sure if it changed that. I'm not having any issues with the original tune, so I didn't think to check that.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Now that a lot you have had this tune for a few months now would you buy it again if you got a new car & is it worth the money with the automatic transmission
Six months later I can say with confidence that my Trump Bucks expenditure was well worth it. My original opinion earlier in this thread is unchanged. I believe the car should've come with it.

However, I respect that most buyers would probably prefer the mileage/performance of the original tune or the additional performance of a 3rd party tune. Ford's decision was probably the right one for those reasons and more.

My only regret is not having driven it more during the shutdown. Traffic is back!

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone done any data logging? The update made the graphs a bit cleaner, but I'm curious what everyone is getting for their spark advance. When I first installed it I did a quick log and saw around 27° with shell 93. I've been using BP 93, as of late, and thought it felt better at around part throttle. Just did a couple of logs over the last two days and saw around 23.5° to 24° at WOT to redline. I'll have to switch back to shell for a tank or two to see if it's the gas or just other uncontrollable factors.

EDIT: I will note that I didn't see any difference in the timing when using advanced trac sport mode (double press button for us non premium plebs) and having advanced traction off.

siapa0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just got back from my install. Galpin Autosports did the install. For those of you who don't know Galpin Autosports is basically the build shop for Galpin Ford. They also have the TV Show "Car Kings". They did a great job, they charged me for 2 hours of labor. To be honest the longest part of the install is the ProCal tool. WTF, it is so archaic as it took forever to mirror the OEM file and then to install the new file, that was almost an hour.

Impressions, my car is a 300a car so no driver modes and it made the car way more responsive. Also there definitely is a lower rpm torque boost and more urgency to the rush to redline. Is it hugh? Well other than the improved throttle response it wasn't drastic. To be honest 15-20rwhp definitely seems realistic. Also, the car has a nice intake growl as the intake can be heard now. I am enjoying this, and can't wait to get my gears installed now.

One other thing, I had no issues as far as hood fitment. There is some flexibility in the intake to fit under the hood without making it bulge. The rubber molding around the CAI is definitely sealed against the hood. Where you hear the intake roar is from the driver side heat extractor.

Dave
I am getting mine installed next week wonder if the exhaust growl changes also already have the MBRP race catback installed and the car is LOUD.
Sponsored